6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
male private Nale
May 7, 2022, 6:44pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -924
Gold Stars: 136
It was a pleasure to watch what Scannell offered in those first twenty minutes. The lad is pure class at this level. Absolutely gutted for him and us.

For me losing Scannell is far worse than losing to Maidenhead. Hopefully it’s not the end of him at our club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 56
Chrisblor
May 7, 2022, 7:27pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +53 / -18
Approval: +8,969
Gold Stars: 242
Quoted from HertsGTFC
In his post match Hurst said “that’s him finished” I hope he meant for the season and not at the club.

It's a massive shame for us and him but there's zero chance we're going to offer him a contract when he's just suffered an injury that's going to keep him out until probably half way through next season at the earliest.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 56
fishcake63
May 7, 2022, 7:27pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,225
Gold Stars: 62
i'm gutted for scanz the football gods not been kind today
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 56
Wiley2405
May 7, 2022, 7:29pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +663
Gold Stars: 20
Can’t help but feel unfortunately it’s not just he’s season, not just his time with us but potentially his career done with if that’s correct. Such a shame for the bloke, really starting to shine for us and someone who definitely would have done us more good than bad for the run in and the play offs.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 56
MuddyWaters
May 7, 2022, 7:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Chrisblor

It's a massive shame for us and him but there's zero chance we're going to offer him a contract when he's just suffered an injury that's going to keep him out until probably half way through next season at the earliest.

I would hope that we look after him in terms of operation, after care and rehab.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 56
GrimRob
May 7, 2022, 8:38pm

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,462
Gold Stars: 115
My man of the match today for his first 10 minutes cameo. We don't need to rush into a decision as to a future contract, the main thing is to get his recovery programme started, that's the least we owe him.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 15 - 56
toontown
May 7, 2022, 8:46pm
Whiskey Drinker
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,273
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from GrimRob
My man of the match today for his first 10 minutes cameo. We don't need to rush into a decision as to a future contract, the main thing is to get his recovery programme started, that's the least we owe him.

Total sickener for him and a real blow to our chances but we certainly don't 'owe' him anything and that's for sure. We've been paying his wages for 18 months when he wasn't fit for a start, he had just started to pay us back for all that if anything.

All in all its just a very unlucky, if not entirely unpredictable situation. I dare say that is the longest streak he has had playing for a team for quite some time. Like Wright he is a player that has a body that is simply not up to full time football.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 56
MuddyWaters
May 7, 2022, 8:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from toontown

Total sickener for him and a real blow to our chances but we certainly don't 'owe' him anything and that's for sure. We've been paying his wages for 18 months when he wasn't fit for a start, he had just started to pay us back for all that if anything.

All in all its just a very unlucky, if not entirely unpredictable situation. I dare say that is the longest streak he has had playing for a team for quite some time. Like Wright he is a player that has a body that is simply not up to full time football.

As you’re clearly medically trained, please tell me how a ruptured Achilles is ‘not entirely unpredictable’. FFS.
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 56
ginnywings
May 7, 2022, 9:11pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Was a pleasure to watch today until he went off. As others have said, I hope we look after his recovery, even if he ends up retiring. Apparently he's a really top bloke as well.

If he can't play again, is there an insurance payment for crocked footballers?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 56
toontown
May 7, 2022, 9:22pm
Whiskey Drinker
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,273
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from MuddyWaters

As you’re clearly medically trained, please tell me how a ruptured Achilles is ‘not entirely unpredictable’. FFS.

Him not being able to maintain fitness is not surprising, In fact it's to be expected, albeit very unfortunate cos the guy looks a class above when he plays. The key part of that statement being 'when he plays'. Hes managed about 10 or 12 games a year consistently for years now.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 56
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Scanz interview

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.