6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Hagrid
April 23, 2022, 5:16pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,518
Gold Stars: 544
I enjoyed that! Second half more than the first!

We looked really lethargic and it was only a matter of time till Torquay took a deserved lead, we hit back with Cliftons great finish, and could have even gone in ahead with Efete missing a free header after Evans did the same for them.

Second half we were superb, chance after chance with clifton very wasteful! Amos and Scannell- my MOM- linked up very well down the left and after Holahan was denied by the keeper, we got the pen, dispatched brilliantly and 3 more points. momentum, great form, bring on those play offs

Only downside, a complete tosser sat in Row L about 105/106 in the upper, every wayward pass, intercourse OFF, all game, eventually i snapped and said just get off their backs. Cue a verbal tirade my way but others around me saying the same to him, its a shame we have to put up with fans like that
Logged Offline
Private Message
sonofmadeleymariner
April 23, 2022, 5:28pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +20 / -9
Approval: +1,451
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Hagrid

Only downside, a complete tosser sat in Row L about 105/106 in the upper, every wayward pass, intercourse OFF, all game, eventually i snapped and said just get off their backs. Cue a verbal tirade my way but others around me saying the same to him, its a shame we have to put up with fans like that

Had one on H around 55ish. Fortunately he didn't come back in the 2nd half.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 59
It Bites
April 23, 2022, 5:34pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,217
Gold Stars: 266

Only downside, a complete tosser sat in Row L about 105/106 in the upper, every wayward pass, intercourse OFF, all game, eventually i snapped and said just get off their backs. Cue a verbal tirade my way but others around me saying the same to him, its a shame we have to put up with fans like that [/quote]

Simpletons out in force today
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 59
Kris2
April 23, 2022, 5:36pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
Second half was more like it. Don't know what they changed or said but it seemed to bring some more belief and we began building up some steam, probably good we were able to get a goal back in the first half and reset at half time. Scannell looked great, Taylor and Amos solid.

Torquay look like a team pushing for playoffs and had their chances, in the second half we took more control of the game but they still could have got another one. Wasn't impressed with their gamesmanship but thankfully neither was the referee who seemed so annoyed with the first ludicrous attempt to con him that he cracked down hard on it by scrutinising every time they tried to draw a foul.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 59
sonofmadeleymariner
April 23, 2022, 5:39pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +20 / -9
Approval: +1,451
Gold Stars: 37
Well, that was worth the trip up from Stoke.

1st half I thought we dropped to Torquays level full and they took advantage. Clifton did a great job creating a goal from pretty much nothing as we went through another dull moment in play. After that there was only going to be one winner.

2nd half we were the far betrer team. It was just a matter of waiting for the goal. Clifton was everywhere (I know I'm shocked as well   ) he should of probably done better with gis 1 on 1s. Scannell and Taylor were great with their 1 touch passes and town town best moments were when we passed the ball round Torquay. Couldn't see the foul for the pen from the upper, but I'm pretty sure that was Abrahams first touch when he scored.

I thought Hurst once again was a bit slow with his subs after the JMD one. I think we could of had 3 or 4 if we'd got another striker on earlier.

Ref had a good game. Can't complain about his performance for a change.

UTM

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 59
MuddyWaters
April 23, 2022, 5:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Tough game against decent opponents. Nice to see us get on top of the game in the second half and I think we deserved three points in the end.

Scannell and Clifton outstanding, a certain someone in centre midfield less so. Is Raikhy available?
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 59
promotion plaice
April 23, 2022, 5:43pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,082
Gold Stars: 201

Cracking game between two good sides, edge of the seat stuff, great result.

Highlight for me though was when the stewards removed a large inflatable willy from the Ponny before kick-off  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 59
ginnywings
April 23, 2022, 5:44pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Feck me. it was cold in the Upper.

Strange see-saw type of game, with the players and the fans seemingly edgy. Up until Harry scoring a really good goal out of the blue, Torquay were well on top and deserved to be in the lead, but for the rest of the first half and a good portion of the second, we took the game to them and created chance after chance, culminating in Taylor hitting the bar with a chance he'd put away more often than not.

After that, it became a bit more nip and tuck, but we were still looking the more likely to score, even though the game looked to be heading toward a draw; a result which wouldn't have been that disastrous, but would have felt a bit stingy given the chances we had.

About thirty seconds before the penalty, my brother turned to me and said, if we get a winner here, we know it's our season. He's a bit of a sage like that.

Three wins in the last 8 days have all but cemented a play off place now I reckon. The thing is, can we get ourselves higher up and make the path a bit easier? anywhere 5th or above would be a good target given where we were at the turn of the year.

Scannell my MOM by a mile.  

Another good ref too.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 59
thevera
April 23, 2022, 5:47pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +991
Gold Stars: 5

Had one on H around 55ish. Fortunately he didn't come back in the 2nd half.

I was actually sat in that seat!
But he was sat next to me, he’d had a drink and I knew it wouldn’t be long before he cleared off for more. He went after 28 mins and that was before they scored.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 59
toontown
April 23, 2022, 5:52pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,273
Gold Stars: 70
Clifton my motm, everywhere, rescued the first half for us and shows what he offers in the middle getting beyond play with pace which we haven't got in anybody else in CM. He was wasteful with his opportunities though, bar the one he wasn't of course. I think about 75th min he got actually got in front if Amos cross but nobody else even in the 6 yard box to finish. Maybe Abrahams or mani is that player but not sure. We so do miss that finisher type player.

Scannell played well and Amos too, I thought efete was poor and to be honest JMD (who I like) and Jones stank the place out, they were both utterly awful. JMD has done enough to have a bad game and still retain his place, no doubt, but today did show that when his touch is off his lack of pace is painful. When Jones signed the Dagenham fans said something like he has 1 good game in 3, and he does far too much trying Hollywood long passes that fly off the pitch and I guess that sums him up so far. Good against Chesterfield, terrible since a d should have been subbed much earlier. Must be hanging on to his place by a thread, Fox in there for me (rashly when fit would be better).

The game was very entertaining and open with both sides going for it which suited us as it meant we had enough chances to eventually score. Surely the playoff beckon now. Personally I'd prefer 7th to 5th or 6th as can't see us winning at Wrexham, but 4th is still tantalisingly possible. We would definitely need mcatee back to stand any kind of chance tho
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 59
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.