April 3, 2022, 12:55pm
Live in Bucks born and bred in Grimsby.
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,280
Gold Stars: 36
Quoted from buckstown
It is interesting how different people react in different ways. I find a great win like yesterday almost invigorating, get up on Sunday with a spring in the step, reading through the just back thread, laughing at the Chesterfield forum exploding etc. After  loss I find it better to stay off here, it's too gloomy and almost poisonous sometimes.
Get the feeling Yoda and his chums can't wait for us to lose so they can unload. Weird

This!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 95
TownSNAFU5
April 3, 2022, 1:18pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,907
Gold Stars: 42
A good omen early yesterday.  We ere staying at the Holiday Inn in Grimsby for a short break. (Which is right next to the railway station).  

I went out about 1030 and immediately heard Town fans singing in the station.  About 30 of them, in good voice and sounding optimistic.  Very uplifting.  Even before the win.  

(Good to see Dembele scoring an excellent goal for Bournemouth.  Dribbled past a number of defenders before coolly scoring).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 95
lukeo
April 3, 2022, 5:43pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,405
Gold Stars: 149
I'm the same, if we win I'm glued on here. If we lose I tend to avoid coming on so much for a couple of days.

I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere yet but was there any trouble outside the ground yesterday or anything? Also why were 3 lads ejected early on? Just curious.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 95
Kris2
April 3, 2022, 10:28pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from lukeo
I'm the same, if we win I'm glued on here. If we lose I tend to avoid coming on so much for a couple of days.

I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere yet but was there any trouble outside the ground yesterday or anything? Also why were 3 lads ejected early on? Just curious.

Some stuff mentioned on the Chesterfield forum but most of it seems like kids giving it the big un until they get chased off. Most incidents were in the ground and just the same coke fiends who can't stay still seeking attention. This on Twitter was kinda funny, imagining bringing your kid to the game and getting you both removed from the ground by being a pillock. https://twitter.com/shornkoomins/status/1510262242754932736?s=21&t=dwKCXi_Faivi4s_ICB7yHg
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 95
oochiad
April 3, 2022, 10:42pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,724
Gold Stars: 28
Quoted from buckstown
It is interesting how different people react in different ways. I find a great win like yesterday almost invigorating, get up on Sunday with a spring in the step, reading through the just back thread, laughing at the Chesterfield forum exploding etc. After  loss I find it better to stay off here, it's too gloomy and almost poisonous sometimes.
Get the feeling Yoda and his chums can't wait for us to lose so they can unload. Weird

Yep, I feel exactly the same. UTM!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 95
Zmariner
April 3, 2022, 10:48pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,131
Gold Stars: 44
For me the best performance of the season and great credit to Hurst here. I hated all the loanees that we had earlier in the season. It was like a house of cards.
The new midfield is an improvement, strikers on the bench, competition at both right and left back and a winger with more end product.
Next season we now have the basis of a team regardless of which division we are in. This pleases me as much as the result and we look stable.
Very pleased for Hurst he has done an excellent job since the New Year.
Great weekend football and looking forward to the midweek games for the competition. With the exception of versus Wrexham we can have a real go in th playoffs as well.
UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 95
aldi_01
April 3, 2022, 11:24pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Kris2

Some stuff mentioned on the Chesterfield forum but most of it seems like kids giving it the big un until they get chased off. Most incidents were in the ground and just the same coke fiends who can't stay still seeking attention. This on Twitter was kinda funny, imagining bringing your kid to the game and getting you both removed from the ground by being a pillock. https://twitter.com/shornkoomins/status/1510262242754932736?s=21&t=dwKCXi_Faivi4s_ICB7yHg

Not condoning the behaviour, nor am I saying he shouldn’t have been booted out but surely the people tasked with that job should actually know how to do it properly?

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 95
lukeo
April 4, 2022, 6:36am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,405
Gold Stars: 149
Quoted from aldi_01

Not condoning the behaviour, nor am I saying he shouldn’t have been booted out but surely the people tasked with that job should actually know how to do it properly?

I agree 100%. Parenting isn't easy but that is embarrassing.

Ohhh the stewards...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 95
rancido
April 4, 2022, 8:32am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,658
Gold Stars: 101
Quoted from aldi_01

Behave - no problem. Don't behave - big problem. Simple. Wonderful parenting and what a great role model for a developing child. The potential to create another generation of football troublemakers.
Criticise my views as much as you like but it won't change it.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 95
aldi_01
April 4, 2022, 8:40am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from rancido

Behave - no problem. Don't behave - big problem. Simple. Wonderful parenting and what a great role model for a developing child. The potential to create another generation of football troublemakers.
Criticise my views as much as you like but it won't change it.

I didn’t criticise; I prefaced my comment with ‘not condoning it’ but I still believe that so called professionals paid to remove morons should still have the correct training or be held to account for urine poor practice.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 95
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.