KingstonMariner
April 3, 2022, 2:51am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from grimsby pete
Today's game was one I had penciled in at the start of the season.

Because of ill health I could not venture past the end of the road never mind Chesterfield.

BUT

I feel I could run up and down the stairs after today's result.

Good job I live in a bungalow.  

PMSL 🤣

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 95
lukeo
April 3, 2022, 6:44am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,417
Gold Stars: 149
Quoted from Sussexmariner

Just like it was very quiet from the Hurst can do no wrong brigade when we lost to Solihull Moors, Southend, Wrexham etc etc

Let’s keep the smug comments for the end of the season when we know what division we’ll be in.

I'm 99% sure we will still be in this division next season. Does that mean he's failed? NO. We're up against teams spending redicilous money. If we don't reach the play offs then I'd say its a bit of a failure this season but still wouldn't beat him with a stick.
UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 95
Abdul19
April 3, 2022, 7:46am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,615
Gold Stars: 220
Cricket bat?  

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 95
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
April 3, 2022, 8:26am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.63
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,698
Gold Stars: 72
Quoted from lukeo

I'm 99% sure we will still be in this division next season. Does that mean he's failed? NO. We're up against teams spending redicilous money. If we don't reach the play offs then I'd say its a bit of a failure this season but still wouldn't beat him with a stick.
UTM

The main purpose of this season was rebuilding a squad almost from scratch, and though weve got quite a few loanees, weve definately got a great squad coming together, took years to put anything this good together last time we were down
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 95
supertown
April 3, 2022, 8:43am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,471
Gold Stars: 53
Quoted from lukeo

UTM

99 percent really ? That is seriously negative , especially after yesterdays showing
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 95
Davec
April 3, 2022, 9:00am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,455
Gold Stars: 42
Excellent win and a terrific man to man performance and every goal was excellent in its own way.

Also a mention for the fans, superb following and take the pitch invader out of the equation I saw no serious trouble at all which doesn't fit the narrative does it, all I saw was fans having a good day, jumping up and down and throwing beer all over the concourse before the game and banging on the shutters does not equate to trouble or hooliganism, I also saw plenty of fans helping young kids and elderly fans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 95
aldi_01
April 3, 2022, 9:08am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Davec
Excellent win and a terrific man to man performance and every goal was excellent in its own way.

Also a mention for the fans, superb following and take the pitch invader out of the equation I saw no serious trouble at all which doesn't fit the narrative does it, all I saw was fans having a good day, jumping up and down and throwing beer all over the concourse before the game and banging on the shutters does not equate to trouble or hooliganism, I also saw plenty of fans helping young kids and elderly fans

I saw a significant amount of bully boy tactics and over zealous stewarding and policing though…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 95
HertsGTFC
April 3, 2022, 9:14am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,005
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Sussexmariner

Just like it was very quiet from the Hurst can do no wrong brigade when we lost to Solihull Moors, Southend, Wrexham etc etc

Let’s keep the smug comments for the end of the season when we know what division we’ll be in.

Was it? Quite a few posters came out in support of the manager with the recognition that this term and possibly next is about re-building the squad and in reality the club from top down.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 95
ska face
April 3, 2022, 9:16am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,812
Gold Stars: 852
Great performance yesterday, can we avoid the boring “who’s quiet this week” argument?
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 95
buckstown
April 3, 2022, 9:17am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,237
Gold Stars: 80
The win was never in doubt yesterday. We have a really good record away at Chesterfield so the only question was the score,  4-1 was a big fat cherry on the cake!
Got to back it up at Weymouth next week
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 95
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.