5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
lobsterpot
March 29, 2022, 4:09pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +18 / -2
Approval: +742
Gold Stars: 15
I know there’s not the buzz of the mens team surrounding our womens team but just like to drum up support where I can for them when I can so if anyones twiddling their thumbs tomorrow (wed) evening then get down to the Bradley stadium 7.45 ko for the game VS Grimsby Boro. We are unbeaten, only conceded 5 goals all season and need to win the remaining 5 matches to win the league so the girls should be going hell for leather for the win! UTM

" YOU ALWAYS SCORE FROM OUR CORNERS, SCORE FROM OUR CORNERS........"

Logged Offline
Private Message
Tommy
March 29, 2022, 5:09pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,869
Gold Stars: 76
Also, the Academy u15s are playing at Brigg Town's stadium tonight (KO 7pm) in the Floodlit Cup quarter final (vs Rochdale) if anyone is at a loose end tonight and wants to support the young lads.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 47
dapperz fun pub
March 29, 2022, 5:15pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,049
Gold Stars: 84
Quoted from Tommy
Also, the Academy u15s are playing at Brigg Town's stadium tonight (KO 7pm) in the Floodlit Cup quarter final (vs Rochdale) if anyone is at a loose end tonight and wants to support the young lads.

I might have  a look at that 👍 I keep seeing on Twitter about a shadow squad who have just landed in Portugal looking like there playing local sides. What’s this all about and what qualification will these lads get at the end of it ? Be interested to know what this all about
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 47
mariner chopper
April 1, 2022, 9:45am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +200
Gold Stars: 5
So in order to win the league now, GTFC need to win their last four games AND hope Arnold Eagles drop points in one of their remaining four games (assuming they lose to us in one of those four as well!)

https://fulltime.thefa.com/index.html?league=7385131#tab-2

Will be a tough ask as two of Arnold's remaining games are against the bottom two and all four of their games are at Home.

The link assumes just one, the champions, goes up - anyone know if this is definitely the case? Or is there an apply for promotion system from Step 6 to Step 5 like there was from 7 to 6 last season once the season was curtailed?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 47
It Bites
April 1, 2022, 4:45pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,215
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from oochiad

How can they be top spot with such a terrible midfield and strikers as you describe? Do they have injured players out?

Because, let's be honest Women's football is dreadful .
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 47
jamesgtfc
April 1, 2022, 5:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from arryarryarry

Well done to you for going, but I wouldn't travel anywhere to watch womens football even if you paid me.

So if you had a job in the sports industry, you would turn down money that pays the bills if you got sent to a womens game?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 47
psgmariner
April 1, 2022, 5:20pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from It Bites

Because, let's be honest Women's football is dreadful .

So is non league football but saddos like us still pay to watch it.

I watched a bit of the champions league ties. Sold out Camp Nou and loads of action and goals without the infuriating cheating and rolling around in fake agony which comes with the mens champions league.

Private Message
Reply: 6 - 47
arryarryarry
April 1, 2022, 5:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,050
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from jamesgtfc

So if you had a job in the sports industry, you would turn down money that pays the bills if you got sent to a womens game?

Erm..................I don't have a job in the sports industry and never had one.

Private Message
Reply: 7 - 47
jamesgtfc
April 1, 2022, 6:55pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from arryarryarry

Erm..................I don't have a job in the sports industry and never had one.

But, if you did, would you refuse to work at a womens game?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 47
arryarryarry
April 1, 2022, 10:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,050
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from jamesgtfc

But, if you did, would you refuse to work at a womens game?

I have no idea what the frig you are on about or what point you are trying to prove, there are probably thousands of jobs I wouldn't do even if they paid me lots of money. I wouldn't clean up other peoples excrement for example.

I don't give a toss if anyone wants to watch womens football I just can't stand it.

What is it that you fail to understand about that?
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 47
lukeo
April 2, 2022, 5:02am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,405
Gold Stars: 149
Question...
If they go up and then won the prem what division do they enter? (just wondering how many promotions they need until they ended up in the top division)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 47
DaleH
April 2, 2022, 1:03pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +809
Gold Stars: 168
Quoted from mariner chopper
So in order to win the league now, GTFC need to win their last four games AND hope Arnold Eagles drop points in one of their remaining four games (assuming they lose to us in one of those four as well!)

https://fulltime.thefa.com/index.html?league=7385131#tab-2

Will be a tough ask as two of Arnold's remaining games are against the bottom two and all four of their games are at Home.

The link assumes just one, the champions, goes up - anyone know if this is definitely the case? Or is there an apply for promotion system from Step 6 to Step 5 like there was from 7 to 6 last season once the season was curtailed?

Happy to answer your question.

One team is promoted automatically to the East Mids Premier Division (Tier 5), from each of the East Mids Div 1 North and Div 1 South (Tier 6).

Depending on the numbers of teams that are going to be in all of the leagues in the women's football pyramid (its a complex pyramid and some teams go sideways, or request relegation and some simply stop playing), then teams can find themselves moving up a tier through a number of methods. Method 1, the regional league decides to invite teams from Div 1 North and South to enter into a play off pool to gain promotion. Method 1 sometimes still doesn't  fully conclude the need for upward movement, and so there is potential for a second method. Method 2, an application to The FA for upward movement (non-promotion), where a need for upward movement of teams exists due to the need for the correct number of teams in the leagues.

It isn't out of the question that Grimsby Town Women could still gain promotion by winning the league this season. But, as it has quite rightly been pointed out, this would involve Arnold Eagles having to drop points in two fixtures, and one of those games would have to be a defeat. Stranger things have happened, but I don't anticipate this happening. Arnold could certainly lose again to Town, although GTFC Women's form/performances have been really poor of late, and in my opinion, this is down to the environment not being a happy camp at present, and some bizarre management. I watched a lacklustre performance against Grimsby Borough on Wednesday, when they were beaten 2-0, and they really didn't deserve anything from a game in which apart from a great cross from Emily Blyth in the opening minute, which ended with a missed point blank header, Town never forced a single shot on target for the remaining 89 minutes.

The only other real game where I feel Arnold Eagles might drop points, is against Notts County Development. Notts are a team they should beat, but depending on the Notts team they field on the day, they would certainly be capable of getting at least a draw against Arnold. But realistically, I would expect Arnold to win that game.

I didn't hang around after the game on Wednesday as my daughter was extremely upset once again, at the treatment she has been receiving as a player, from GTFC Women's team management since I resigned. Since my departure, she went from being a player that had made important contributions to a winning team, with goals and assists, and a reasonable amount of game time; to hardly ever getting any game time at all. In the world of roll-on roll-off substitutions, on Wednesday night we witnessed the most bizarre management decisions. With neither the forwards or midfield showing any signs of dominating the game offensively, I watched my daughter remain on the bench once again for the entire game. In a situation where three forwards rolled on and off as subs on three occasions. One of those forwards came off hobbling with an injury, only to be put back onto the pitch hobbling later in the game, rather than look to my daughter to contribute to the game. People in and around the women's football group, both parents and spectators, and some players too, have commented that this is personal towards my daughter, who has been clearly prejudiced against, just because of who I am. Sadly I would have to agree with that, as there is no logical football reason for her being constantly overlooked. My daughter quit there and then, after the game on Wednesday, and won't be playing for Grimsby Town Women again.

On our way home from the game, my daughter received messages from players, telling her that there had been big arguments in the dressing room after the game. Essentially captain and vice captain, shouting at the stand in manager (my ex assistant), with Neil Woods having to enter the dressing room to defuse things and give them a few angry home truths. Good on him. His first evening in the dugout and they really do need someone strong to take hold of the group with strong management skills, as frankly it is turning to bat poo.

I am actually fearful for the future of the women's team. Fearful because I put so much hard work and dedication in getting it off the ground. And endless hours of hard work in trying to do things properly. But, with little or no thanks from some that are still there now, and are playing a huge part in the downturn in fortunes and contributing massively to the environment and harmony being poor, and the performances being equally poor.

They might still get promoted, or the options above might see them move up a league. But, in the present state, and with the present squad, they would be at best, a middle to bottom third team in the Premier Division above them. I knew, that as and when I would have got them promoted this season ( I really would have), that we would need to strengthen massively to challenge for promotion in the Premier League next season, and I already had target players in mind to try and bring to the club. They will undoubtedly be losing some important players at the end of the season, for various reasons. So the need will be to replace them with equally as good players, and possibly if promoted, a need to find even better players from a higher division, in order to challenge for promotion again. That isn't always easy, but we had a decent track record of finding those players previously.

I am hearing that tomorrow's game is off because Town cannot field enough players. Not sure how that can be.

For me now, I will be enjoying being a spectator, watching my daughter enjoying some game time with her new team, between now and the end of the season. But naturally, I will have one eye on the progress of Town's women's team.

Some might say that my words sound a bit like sour grapes. Certainly not sour grapes from me, even though there are a few people connected with the group, that I am really annoyed at because of their treatment and behaviour towards me initially, and subsequently to my daughter. But, because it was I that started the women's team, and did so successfully, and because I am a Town fan, I actually want to see Town do well. I've got many friends playing in that team, that I want to see doing well. Plus I want to see female football prosper through Town. Why wouldn't I, when I have been such a big advocate of the women's game for so long.

Dale H
UTM

Question from Lukeo was.....
If they go up and then won the prem what division do they enter? (just wondering how many promotions they need until they ended up in the top division)

Answer is FA Women's National League, and they would go to either Div 1 North or Div 1 Midlands. Which is Tier 4. So still another 3 tiers after that to get to Tier 1.

Don't start making plans yet though Lukeo, because with things how they are at the moment, that will all be a very long time coming.

"BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 47
Hagrid
April 2, 2022, 1:26pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,517
Gold Stars: 544
Quoted from DaleH

One team is promoted automatically to the East Mids Premier Division (Tier 5), from each of the East Mids Div 1 North and Div 1 South (Tier 6).

Depending on the numbers of teams that are going to be in all of the leagues in the women's football pyramid (its a complex pyramid and some teams go sideways, or request relegation and some simply stop playing), then teams can find themselves moving up a tier through a number of methods. Method 1, the regional league decides to invite teams from Div 1 North and South to enter into a play off pool to gain promotion. Method 1 sometimes still doesn't  fully conclude the need for upward movement, and so there is potential for a second method. Method 2, an application to The FA for upward movement (non-promotion), where a need for upward movement of teams exists due to the need for the correct number of teams in the leagues.

It isn't out of the question that Grimsby Town Women could still gain promotion by winning the league this season. But, as it has quite rightly been pointed out, this would involve Arnold Eagles having to drop points in two fixtures, and one of those games would have to be a defeat. Stranger things have happened, but I don't anticipate this happening. Arnold could certainly lose again to Town, although GTFC Women's form/performances have been really poor of late, and in my opinion, this is down to the environment not being a happy camp at present, and some bizarre management. I watched a lacklustre performance against Grimsby Borough on Wednesday, when they were beaten 2-0, and they really didn't deserve anything from a game in which apart from a great cross from Emily Blyth in the opening minute, which ended with a missed point blank header, Town never forced a single shot on target for the remaining 89 minutes.

The only other real game where I feel Arnold Eagles might drop points, is against Notts County Development. Notts are a team they should beat, but depending on the Notts team they field on the day, they would certainly be capable of getting at least a draw against Arnold. But realistically, I would expect Arnold to win that game.

I didn't hang around after the game on Wednesday as my daughter was extremely upset once again, at the treatment she has been receiving as a player, from GTFC Women's team management since I resigned. Since my departure, she went from being a player that had made important contributions to a winning team, with goals and assists, and a reasonable amount of game time; to hardly ever getting any game time at all. In the world of roll-on roll-off substitutions, on Wednesday night we witnessed the most bizarre management decisions. With neither the forwards or midfield showing any signs of dominating the game offensively, I watched my daughter remain on the bench once again for the entire game. In a situation where three forwards rolled on and off as subs on three occasions. One of those forwards came off hobbling with an injury, only to be put back onto the pitch hobbling later in the game, rather than look to my daughter to contribute to the game. People in and around the women's football group, both parents and spectators, and some players too, have commented that this is personal towards my daughter, who has been clearly prejudiced against, just because of who I am. Sadly I would have to agree with that, as there is no logical football reason for her being constantly overlooked. My daughter quit there and then, after the game on Wednesday, and won't be playing for Grimsby Town Women again.

On our way home from the game, my daughter received messages from players, telling her that there had been big arguments in the dressing room after the game. Essentially captain and vice captain, shouting at the stand in manager (my ex assistant), with Neil Woods having to enter the dressing room to defuse things and give them a few angry home truths. Good on him. His first evening in the dugout and they really do need someone strong to take hold of the group with strong management skills, as frankly it is turning to bat poo.

I am actually fearful for the future of the women's team. Fearful because I put so much hard work and dedication in getting it off the ground. And endless hours of hard work in trying to do things properly. But, with little or no thanks from some that are still there now, and are playing a huge part in the downturn in fortunes and contributing massively to the environment being poor.

They might still get promoted, or the options above might see them move up a league. But, in the present state, and with the present squad, they would be at best, a middle to bottom third team in the Premier Division above them. I knew, that as and when I would have got them promoted this season ( I really would have), that we would need to strengthen massively to challenge for promotion in the Premier League next season, and I already had target players in mind to try and bring to the club. They will undoubtedly be losing some important players at the end of the season, for various reasons. So the need will be to replace them with equally as good players, and possibly if promoted, a need to find even better players from a higher division, in order to challenge for promotion again. That isn't always easy, but we had a decent track record of finding those players previously.

I am hearing that tomorrow's game is off because Town cannot field enough players. Not sure how that can be.

For me now, I will be enjoying being a spectator, watching my daughter enjoying some game time with her new team, between now and the end of the season. But naturally, I will have one eye on the progress of Town's women's team.

Some might say that my words sound a bit like sour grapes. Certainly not sour grapes from me, even though there are a few people connected with the group, that I am really annoyed at because of their treatment and behaviour towards me initially, and subsequently to my daughter. But, because it was I that started the women's team, and did so successfully, and because I am a Town fan, I actually want to see Town do well. I've got many friends playing in that team, that I want to see doing well. Plus I want to see female football prosper through Town. Why wouldn't I, when I have been such a big advocate of the women's game for so long.

Dale H
UTM

Answer is FA Women's National League, and they would go to either Div 1 North or Div 1 Midlands. Which is Tier 4. So still another 3 tiers after that to get to Tier 1.

Don't start making plans yet though Lukeo, because with things how they are at the moment, that will all be a very long time coming.

Disappointing to read and hear that Dale
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 47
DaleH
April 2, 2022, 1:29pm
Beer Drinker
Quoted from Hagrid

Disappointing to read and hear that Dale

Disappointed in me? Or disappointed to learn of the content?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 47
Hagrid
April 2, 2022, 1:38pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from DaleH

Disappointed in me? Or disappointed to learn of the content?

The content!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 47
DaleH
April 2, 2022, 1:55pm
Beer Drinker
Quoted from Hagrid

The content!

Yes I agree, it is a disappointing and regretful situation.

Hagrid, you cannot imagine just how much of disappointing decision it was for me to step down from a job I genuinely loved doing. I was so invested in this project from the very inception, and lived it night and day. My wife might tell you that I was actually too invested in it. But I could not continue tolerating the treatment I had been subjected to from some, particularly by GTSET.

Neither can you imagine the upset that my daughter has been through. She is an absolute die hard Mariner, that stands on the Pontoon at every game, and has grown up at Blundell Park since she way tiny, coming to her first game as a baby in arms. Playing for Town was everything that she dreamed of.

Naturally it was difficult for her playing in a team that your father is the manager of. But, we managed that really well, and in terms of the game time she had early in the season, when things were going great, it was justifiable through the contribution she was making, and frankly, she was getting no special treatment or favours from me. I'm proud to say, that we was leading the division with all players fully engaged and getting good amounts of game time, and all players making good positive contributions. I used to bore my players senseless, when I used to remind them all, that in non-league unpaid football, that "if you don't use your players, then you lose your players". Hence why I kept the squad small, but with great players for our level.

If anything, without me being there as manager, that should have been a positive for my daughter, as nobody could ever look at the situation and suggest that there was any element of nepotism, Not that there ever was. It's well documented that players in teams managed by their father, can often be disadvantaged, because the parent can often find it easier to bring their own kid off. I was always conscious to get the balance right, and I have never treated my kids any different to any other players, in all of the teams that I have run over very many years.

I think that as Town fans, we have to keep our fingers crossed that there is an upturn in fortunes for the women's team. Getting it away from GTSET into the GTFC would be a massive step forward though. It really would.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 47
lukeo
April 2, 2022, 8:58pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,405
Gold Stars: 149
Thanks Dale, a shame it's gone this way and worrying at the same time. I hope all of what's happened hasn't effected you in any way following and supporting gtfc and its current manager and owners (mens)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 47
DaleH
April 2, 2022, 9:33pm
Beer Drinker
Thanks Lukeo.

Heavens no, it hasn’t  affected me in the slightest as a Grimsby supporter. I’ll always be GTFC nutty just like the rest of us 😂😂

Still getting to the games, and I’m as thrilled as anyone else about the prospects of the new ownership etc.

Had a pleasant chat with Jason in the bar at the Dagenham game. All good and no issues there at all.

To me, it’s very clear where there was a problem and an upset for me, and I left for my own self respect and sanity. None of that was in connection of GTFC, as the womens team was under GTSET.

Yes it’s not nice to see things in the Womens team a bit tense and unhealthy at the moment. But I’m sure that they can get through this with GTFC getting hold of it. I think that can me a really great positive step. But, there’s definitely some work to be done with regards to some of the characters involved.

It won’t stop my daughter being equally as potty about Town as a club either. Things like this happen in life, and especially in football. And you soon learn a bit about people don’t you, when things like this happen. Hey, nobody’s died.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 47
HertsGTFC
April 2, 2022, 10:20pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,005
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from DaleH

I am actually fearful for the future of the women's team. Fearful because I put so much hard work and dedication in getting it off the ground. And endless hours of hard work in trying to do things properly. But, with little or no thanks from some that are still there now, and are playing a huge part in the downturn in fortunes and contributing massively to the environment and harmony being poor, and the performances being equally poor.

Dale H
UTM

Sorry to hear this Dale, I hope your daughter is ok and this doesn’t stop her playing football.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 47
jamesgtfc
April 2, 2022, 11:21pm
Vodka Drinker
Really sorry to hear about this Dale. You worked tirelessly and it took a lot of time to build that squad which now looks like being broken apart in no time at all.

Hope your daughter finds a team that appreciates what she has to offer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 47
Heswall Mariner
April 3, 2022, 6:26pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +594
Gold Stars: 30
I have no idea what has gone awry here but I do know that Dale had built a very successful Women's team. It has obviously gone down the pan following his departure.
He obviously put a lot of time & effort into the project & what with so much positivity around the club perhaps Jason & co. should look into the circumstances of this sad  tale.
Anyway good luck Dale - you are a very eloquent & grounded father.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 47
KingstonMariner
April 3, 2022, 6:53pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Maybe the board have already taken action Heswall. That might be why the team has been put under Woods’ set-up and not GTSET.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 47
jamesgtfc
April 3, 2022, 9:44pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Maybe the board have already taken action Heswall. That might be why the team has been put under Woods’ set-up and not GTSET.

It may also have influenced the decision to hire a HR Advisor...

And not forgetting a CEO for GTSET.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 47
GrimRob
April 3, 2022, 9:51pm

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,452
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from Tracey

So after reading this mans “opinion” I am appalled how in this comment someone could mention a ladies weight “too much timber!” And actually think this is acceptable in this day and age!!!
The effect that this can have on someone’s mental health a young female that is just playing  a sport which she loves.
Your comments may cause this person very low self confidence self esteem and actually never to play again or even Develop Eating Disorders!!!
As a parent (and adult) i regular watch these grimsby town women and take my hat off to all of them who participate, any shape size race etc etc They are not Premier League players they are just wanting to enjoy the sport and pay to do so and enjoy it
What gives you the right to make these totally unacceptable comments and hide behind this forum!!
Man up Grow up and identify yourself!!!

I’m putting this out there because I would hate to think that YOU would do this to anyone else
Well known saying is “if you have got nothing nice to say say nothing at al!!!!!

And In a world where you can be anything BE KIND!!
THINK BEFORE YOU WRITE!!!
😡

Thanks for your comments Tracey and I have received several requests to remove this post, which I have not done as a matter of principle, as it's someone's opinion about an unnamed player! Maybe I am being unduly harsh but I think it establishes a terrible precedent because someone is upset by it. Every single week virtually similar opinions are expressed about male players, I appreciate they are professionals and to a certain extent steeled to adverse comments.

But if the forum collectively decides that offensive remarks about female footballers should not be tolerated then let me know

I'd rather have this discussion in the open than be bombarded with requests by members of the women's team.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 23 - 47
Tracey
April 3, 2022, 10:24pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: -20
Gold Stars: 3
E D R course is what’s needed here.
You are making ridiculous comparisons.
Obviously you have no children clearly.
He clearly has singled a person out by saying her number.
Is there actually a grown up on here in admin.
Saying you don’t see a problem with mentioning weight in my email is beyond me. We are in 2022
No one should be targeted personally in a nasty way
I hope to think TinkleMan wouldnt want cruel personal remarks about his daughter
So what if he watches an under 12 match is he ok to make nasty comments on no11 then?
I’ll help you with that ABSOLUTELY NOT

Have you’re opinion but don’t get personal not necessary
#bekind
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 47
GrimRob
April 3, 2022, 10:45pm

So someone posts a comment about weight and not a single person comments on it for 4 days, until it's spotted by someone on the women's team and suddenly it's terrible.

~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Reply: 25 - 47
It Bites
April 4, 2022, 8:08am
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from Tracey
E D R course is what’s needed here.
You are making ridiculous comparisons.
Obviously you have no children clearly.
He clearly has singled a person out by saying her number.
Is there actually a grown up on here in admin.
Saying you don’t see a problem with mentioning weight in my email is beyond me. We are in 2022
No one should be targeted personally in a nasty way
I hope to think TinkleMan wouldnt want cruel personal remarks about his daughter
So what if he watches an under 12 match is he ok to make nasty comments on no11 then?
I’ll help you with that ABSOLUTELY NOT

Have you’re opinion but don’t get personal not necessary
#bekind

My vast experience of junior football tells me that Women are the worst culprits for insults and offensive language on the side lines . This includes grassroots and academy football . This is not my opinion it's a fact based on watching 100's of games over many years .
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 47
Tracey
April 4, 2022, 8:10am
Coke Drinker
Not just about the weight it’s singling a person out in a disrespectful way
Hmm maybe people are too busy and have a peaceful life to be reading such delightful comments but when it gets brought to your attention yes it’s disgusting as I’ve said before
Silly men who have probably never played football in their life and need education on being pc spouting off! Get ya arses on a pitch and run around for 90 mins Little know it all men with big egos so glad I don’t surround myself around people like that
Dinosaurs God help the women in your life
Chauvinism really is old hat!!

Just be kind hiding behind keyboards is pathetic!

A few people on here are very bitter about things
Just let it go…….
Targeting certain people anyone is cowardly and draining
These are young girls 16+

Should be setting examples and nipped it in the bud but hey maybe you all love the gossip and drama
#sad
#bekind

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 47
TheRealJohnLewis
April 4, 2022, 8:12am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from GrimRob
So someone posts a comment about weight and not a single person comments on it for 4 days, until it's spotted by someone on the women's team and suddenly it's terrible.

If someone uses racist language and nobody notices for 4 days is it still racist?!

Targeted fat-shaming and abuse like this shouldn't be allowed.

Private Message
Reply: 28 - 47
Tracey
April 4, 2022, 8:24am
Coke Drinker
Hmm maybe people are too busy and have a peaceful life to be reading such delightful comments but when it gets brought to your attention yes it’s disgusting as I’ve said before
Silly men who have probably never played football in their life and need education on being pc spouting off! Get ya arses on a pitch and run around for 90 mins Little men with big egos so glad I don’t surround myself around people like that

Just let it go…….
Targeting certain people cowardly and draining

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 47
It Bites
April 4, 2022, 8:27am
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from Tracey
Silly men who have probably never played football in their life and need education on being pc spouting off! Get ya arses on a pitch and run around for 90 mins Little men with big egos so glad I don’t surround myself around people like that

Just let it go…….

As I pointed out above . Women are the worst culprits for insults and offensive language on the sidelines at junior football .
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 47
jamesgtfc
April 4, 2022, 8:35am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Tracey

Just let it go…….

I would hazard that most men on this forum have played football at various points in their life.

I agree that targeted shaming of people who are representing our club without getting paid for it is unacceptable. This is the huge difference, these are effectively volunteers trying their hardest whilst those in our first team have grown up around criticism of first team players at whatever club they support. A professional footballer is paid handsomely for the privilege and criticism about their physique is a lot more justified than that of a young woman who is doing it for free.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 47
Tracey
April 4, 2022, 8:47am
Coke Drinker
Not everyone! I certainly aren’t and we are not talking about them, you are generalising and  I’m certainly not talking about everyone on here l. On the sidelines I’m sure other parents would have their say face to face verbally about their children, players
I’m talking about one person who thinks it right to put finger to keyboard for all to see and singling a person out with rude comments and you and him thinks it’s ok
THATS WHAT ISNT RIGHT

Isn’t it??

Just think before you put your fingers to the keys before hurting anyone’s feelings race religion weight any hurtful comments.  is that a lot to ask and also  deal with it

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 47
GrimRob
April 4, 2022, 9:22am

Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis

If someone uses racist language and nobody notices for 4 days is it still racist?!

Targeted fat-shaming and abuse like this shouldn't be allowed.

Read what he posted again. It's a match report, in which one paragraph criticises a player for their poor attitude and lack of fitness. The whole point of a forum is for discussion and posting a first-hand account of a game and expressing a view on people's performance is its bread and butter. You frequently read that players are not strong enough, unfit, poor attitude, it's standard opinion. It would establish a terrible precedent to start removing posts because they state that a player had a bad game.

Chauvinism is defined as "the belief that women are naturally less important, intelligent, or able than men". I, therefore, don't see why they shouldn't receive the same sort of criticism that men do.  If those comments had been made about a male player nobody would have batted an eyelid, in fact, nobody did for four days, because it was nothing unusual to the regular readership.

~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Reply: 33 - 47
GrimPol
April 4, 2022, 1:40pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +5 / -6
Approval: -787
Quoted from DaleH

Yes I agree, it is a disappointing and regretful situation.

Hagrid, you cannot imagine just how much of disappointing decision it was for me to step down from a job I genuinely loved doing. I was so invested in this project from the very inception, and lived it night and day. My wife might tell you that I was actually too invested in it. But I could not continue tolerating the treatment I had been subjected to from some, particularly by GTSET.

Neither can you imagine the upset that my daughter has been through. She is an absolute die hard Mariner, that stands on the Pontoon at every game, and has grown up at Blundell Park since she way tiny, coming to her first game as a baby in arms. Playing for Town was everything that she dreamed of.

Naturally it was difficult for her playing in a team that your father is the manager of. But, we managed that really well, and in terms of the game time she had early in the season, when things were going great, it was justifiable through the contribution she was making, and frankly, she was getting no special treatment or favours from me. I'm proud to say, that we was leading the division with all players fully engaged and getting good amounts of game time, and all players making good positive contributions. I used to bore my players senseless, when I used to remind them all, that in non-league unpaid football, that "if you don't use your players, then you lose your players". Hence why I kept the squad small, but with great players for our level.

If anything, without me being there as manager, that should have been a positive for my daughter, as nobody could ever look at the situation and suggest that there was any element of nepotism, Not that there ever was. It's well documented that players in teams managed by their father, can often be disadvantaged, because the parent can often find it easier to bring their own kid off. I was always conscious to get the balance right, and I have never treated my kids any different to any other players, in all of the teams that I have run over very many years.

I think that as Town fans, we have to keep our fingers crossed that there is an upturn in fortunes for the women's team. Getting it away from GTSET into the GTFC would be a massive step forward though. It really would.

For those not in the know (inc me) What is the difference between GTSET and GTFC. I get GTFC but not the significance, as I don't understand GTSET. And what was your beef?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 47
lew chaterleys lover
April 4, 2022, 1:48pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,774
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from GrimRob

Read what he posted again. It's a match report, in which one paragraph criticises a player for their poor attitude and lack of fitness. The whole point of a forum is for discussion and posting a first-hand account of a game and expressing a view on people's performance is its bread and butter. You frequently read that players are not strong enough, unfit, poor attitude, it's standard opinion. It would establish a terrible precedent to start removing posts because they state that a player had a bad game.

Chauvinism is defined as "the belief that women are naturally less important, intelligent, or able than men". I, therefore, don't see why they shouldn't receive the same sort of criticism that men do.  If those comments had been made about a male player nobody would have batted an eyelid, in fact, nobody did for four days, because it was nothing unusual to the regular readership.

Surely nobody sensible would want a football forum censored if the post is about the performance of either the mens or women's GTFC teams?

Private Message
Reply: 35 - 47
GrimPol
April 4, 2022, 1:54pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from Tracey

So after reading this mans “opinion” I am appalled how in this comment someone could mention a ladies weight “too much timber!” And actually think this is acceptable in this day and age!!!
The effect that this can have on someone’s mental health a young female that is just playing  a sport which she loves.
Your comments may cause this person very low self confidence self esteem and actually never to play again or even Develop Eating Disorders!!!
As a parent (and adult) i regular watch these grimsby town women and take my hat off to all of them who participate, any shape size race etc etc They are not Premier League players they are just wanting to enjoy the sport and pay to do so and enjoy it
What gives you the right to make these totally unacceptable comments and hide behind this forum!!
Man up Grow up and identify yourself!!!

I’m putting this out there because I would hate to think that YOU would do this to anyone else
Well known saying is “if you have got nothing nice to say say nothing at al!!!!!

And In a world where you can be anything BE KIND!!
THINK BEFORE YOU WRITE!!!
😡

Well, unfortunately, football is still in mid 20 century where all Refs don't know their parents and anybody not svelt and has had a poor game, is a Fat B.
But the women's team, including girls, i.e. under 18 should be treated with respect. It's supposed to be fun.
Only the other week Marcus Bignot (remember him) has been charged with  "improper and/or abusive and/or insulting language" when Birmingham Women lost to Tottenham. So it's not just this corner of UK. A lot to learn.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 47
It Bites
April 4, 2022, 2:00pm
Champagne Drinker
The big question for me is this

Is it a huge privilege to represent Grimsby Town FC at all levels from U9 to the first team ? If the answer is yes then with huge privilege comes criticism.
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 47
supertown
April 4, 2022, 2:03pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,471
Gold Stars: 53
Quoted from Tracey
Not everyone! I certainly aren’t and we are not talking about them, you are generalising and  I’m certainly not talking about everyone on here l. On the sidelines I’m sure other parents would have their say face to face verbally about their children, players
I’m talking about one person who thinks it right to put finger to keyboard for all to see and singling a person out with rude comments and you and him thinks it’s ok
THATS WHAT ISNT RIGHT

Isn’t it??

Just think before you put your fingers to the keys before hurting anyone’s feelings race religion weight any hurtful comments.  is that a lot to ask and also  deal with it

Don’t get your knickers in a twist.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 47
Hagrid
April 4, 2022, 2:13pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from supertown

Don’t get your knickers in a twist.

i shouldnt laugh
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 47
GrimPol
April 4, 2022, 2:14pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from It Bites
The big question for me is this

Is it a huge privilege to represent Grimsby Town FC at all levels from U9 to the first team ? If the answer is yes then with huge privilege comes criticism.

Yes, that's understood, but you have to customise your criticism. Surely using the same blunt words on the First Team and the Under 9's when it will be "water off a duck's back" on one, and traumatise the other.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 47
GrimPol
April 4, 2022, 4:43pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from It Bites

The U9's come in for extremely harsh criticism, believe me and I'm sure many get traumatised by it but is that how they find the strong characters needed to thrive in the game ?  It's Grimsby town not the dog and duck

Well, I can see large payouts in 20 years from now for such behaviour, if it's true.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 47
It Bites
April 4, 2022, 5:06pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from GrimPol

Well, I can see large payouts in 20 years from now for such behaviour, if it's true.

I said Criticism not Abuse . It's a tough world out there and sometimes a reality check might be needed for some people
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 47
smokey111
April 4, 2022, 6:53pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +3,360
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from It Bites

I said Criticism not Abuse . It's a tough world out there and sometimes a reality check might be needed for some people

A reality check at 8/9! FFS! Let them enjoy their football. The amount of parents living unfulfilled dreams through their kids is so depressing.

"The socialism I believe in is everybody working for the same goal and everybody having a share in the rewards. That’s how I see football, that’s how I see life.” Bill Shankly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 47
It Bites
April 4, 2022, 7:25pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from smokey111

A reality check at 8/9! FFS! Let them enjoy their football. The amount of parents living unfulfilled dreams through their kids is so depressing.

I agree totally . Parents are the biggest problem . I'm not sure I worded my post right but I basically meant that anyone representing a professional football club should be prepared to make sacrifices and take hits along the way .
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 47
GrimPol
April 4, 2022, 7:31pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from It Bites

One person's criticism is another person's abuse.
But let's leave it that we agree to disagree, we all want ALL our teams to do well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 47
It Bites
April 4, 2022, 7:37pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from GrimPol

One person's criticism is another person's abuse.
But let's leave it that we agree to disagree, we all want ALL our teams to do well.

Amen to that 🙏❤️
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 47
GrimRob
April 4, 2022, 7:37pm

This topic is locked pending an investigation

~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Reply: 47 - 47
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › #GTFCWomen

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.