April 4, 2022, 8:27am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,216
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from Tracey
Not just about the weight it’s singling a person out in a disrespectful way
Hmm maybe people are too busy and have a peaceful life to be reading such delightful comments but when it gets brought to your attention yes it’s disgusting as I’ve said before
Silly men who have probably never played football in their life and need education on being pc spouting off! Get ya arses on a pitch and run around for 90 mins Little men with big egos so glad I don’t surround myself around people like that
Dinosaurs God help the women in your life
Chauvinism really is old hat!!

Just be kind hiding behind keyboards is pathetic!

A few people on here are very bitter about things
Just let it go…….
Targeting certain people cowardly and draining

As I pointed out above . Women are the worst culprits for insults and offensive language on the sidelines at junior football .
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 47
jamesgtfc
April 4, 2022, 8:35am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,053
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Tracey
Not just about the weight it’s singling a person out in a disrespectful way
Hmm maybe people are too busy and have a peaceful life to be reading such delightful comments but when it gets brought to your attention yes it’s disgusting as I’ve said before
Silly men who have probably never played football in their life and need education on being pc spouting off! Get ya arses on a pitch and run around for 90 mins Little men with big egos so glad I don’t surround myself around people like that
Dinosaurs God help the women in your life
Chauvinism really is old hat!!

Just be kind hiding behind keyboards is pathetic!

A few people on here are very bitter about things
Just let it go…….
Targeting certain people cowardly and draining

I would hazard that most men on this forum have played football at various points in their life.

I agree that targeted shaming of people who are representing our club without getting paid for it is unacceptable. This is the huge difference, these are effectively volunteers trying their hardest whilst those in our first team have grown up around criticism of first team players at whatever club they support. A professional footballer is paid handsomely for the privilege and criticism about their physique is a lot more justified than that of a young woman who is doing it for free.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 47
Tracey
April 4, 2022, 8:47am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: -20
Gold Stars: 3
Not everyone! I certainly aren’t and we are not talking about them, you are generalising and  I’m certainly not talking about everyone on here l. On the sidelines I’m sure other parents would have their say face to face verbally about their children, players
I’m talking about one person who thinks it right to put finger to keyboard for all to see and singling a person out with rude comments and you and him thinks it’s ok
THATS WHAT ISNT RIGHT

Isn’t it??

Just think before you put your fingers to the keys before hurting anyone’s feelings race religion weight any hurtful comments.  is that a lot to ask and also  deal with it

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 47
GrimRob
April 4, 2022, 9:22am

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,462
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis

If someone uses racist language and nobody notices for 4 days is it still racist?!

Targeted fat-shaming and abuse like this shouldn't be allowed.

Read what he posted again. It's a match report, in which one paragraph criticises a player for their poor attitude and lack of fitness. The whole point of a forum is for discussion and posting a first-hand account of a game and expressing a view on people's performance is its bread and butter. You frequently read that players are not strong enough, unfit, poor attitude, it's standard opinion. It would establish a terrible precedent to start removing posts because they state that a player had a bad game.

Chauvinism is defined as "the belief that women are naturally less important, intelligent, or able than men". I, therefore, don't see why they shouldn't receive the same sort of criticism that men do.  If those comments had been made about a male player nobody would have batted an eyelid, in fact, nobody did for four days, because it was nothing unusual to the regular readership.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 33 - 47
GrimPol
April 4, 2022, 1:40pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +5 / -6
Approval: -787
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from DaleH

Yes I agree, it is a disappointing and regretful situation.

Hagrid, you cannot imagine just how much of disappointing decision it was for me to step down from a job I genuinely loved doing. I was so invested in this project from the very inception, and lived it night and day. My wife might tell you that I was actually too invested in it. But I could not continue tolerating the treatment I had been subjected to from some, particularly by GTSET.

Neither can you imagine the upset that my daughter has been through. She is an absolute die hard Mariner, that stands on the Pontoon at every game, and has grown up at Blundell Park since she way tiny, coming to her first game as a baby in arms. Playing for Town was everything that she dreamed of.

Naturally it was difficult for her playing in a team that your father is the manager of. But, we managed that really well, and in terms of the game time she had early in the season, when things were going great, it was justifiable through the contribution she was making, and frankly, she was getting no special treatment or favours from me. I'm proud to say, that we was leading the division with all players fully engaged and getting good amounts of game time, and all players making good positive contributions. I used to bore my players senseless, when I used to remind them all, that in non-league unpaid football, that "if you don't use your players, then you lose your players". Hence why I kept the squad small, but with great players for our level.

If anything, without me being there as manager, that should have been a positive for my daughter, as nobody could ever look at the situation and suggest that there was any element of nepotism, Not that there ever was. It's well documented that players in teams managed by their father, can often be disadvantaged, because the parent can often find it easier to bring their own kid off. I was always conscious to get the balance right, and I have never treated my kids any different to any other players, in all of the teams that I have run over very many years.

I think that as Town fans, we have to keep our fingers crossed that there is an upturn in fortunes for the women's team. Getting it away from GTSET into the GTFC would be a massive step forward though. It really would.

For those not in the know (inc me) What is the difference between GTSET and GTFC. I get GTFC but not the significance, as I don't understand GTSET. And what was your beef?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 47
lew chaterleys lover
April 4, 2022, 1:48pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,788
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from GrimRob

Read what he posted again. It's a match report, in which one paragraph criticises a player for their poor attitude and lack of fitness. The whole point of a forum is for discussion and posting a first-hand account of a game and expressing a view on people's performance is its bread and butter. You frequently read that players are not strong enough, unfit, poor attitude, it's standard opinion. It would establish a terrible precedent to start removing posts because they state that a player had a bad game.

Chauvinism is defined as "the belief that women are naturally less important, intelligent, or able than men". I, therefore, don't see why they shouldn't receive the same sort of criticism that men do.  If those comments had been made about a male player nobody would have batted an eyelid, in fact, nobody did for four days, because it was nothing unusual to the regular readership.

Surely nobody sensible would want a football forum censored if the post is about the performance of either the mens or women's GTFC teams?

Private Message
Reply: 35 - 47
GrimPol
April 4, 2022, 1:54pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +5 / -6
Approval: -787
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from Tracey

So after reading this mans “opinion” I am appalled how in this comment someone could mention a ladies weight “too much timber!” And actually think this is acceptable in this day and age!!!
The effect that this can have on someone’s mental health a young female that is just playing  a sport which she loves.
Your comments may cause this person very low self confidence self esteem and actually never to play again or even Develop Eating Disorders!!!
As a parent (and adult) i regular watch these grimsby town women and take my hat off to all of them who participate, any shape size race etc etc They are not Premier League players they are just wanting to enjoy the sport and pay to do so and enjoy it
What gives you the right to make these totally unacceptable comments and hide behind this forum!!
Man up Grow up and identify yourself!!!

I’m putting this out there because I would hate to think that YOU would do this to anyone else
Well known saying is “if you have got nothing nice to say say nothing at al!!!!!

And In a world where you can be anything BE KIND!!
THINK BEFORE YOU WRITE!!!
😡

Well, unfortunately, football is still in mid 20 century where all Refs don't know their parents and anybody not svelt and has had a poor game, is a Fat B.
But the women's team, including girls, i.e. under 18 should be treated with respect. It's supposed to be fun.
Only the other week Marcus Bignot (remember him) has been charged with  "improper and/or abusive and/or insulting language" when Birmingham Women lost to Tottenham. So it's not just this corner of UK. A lot to learn.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 47
It Bites
April 4, 2022, 2:00pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,216
Gold Stars: 266
The big question for me is this

Is it a huge privilege to represent Grimsby Town FC at all levels from U9 to the first team ? If the answer is yes then with huge privilege comes criticism.
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 47
supertown
April 4, 2022, 2:03pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,471
Gold Stars: 53
Quoted from Tracey
Not everyone! I certainly aren’t and we are not talking about them, you are generalising and  I’m certainly not talking about everyone on here l. On the sidelines I’m sure other parents would have their say face to face verbally about their children, players
I’m talking about one person who thinks it right to put finger to keyboard for all to see and singling a person out with rude comments and you and him thinks it’s ok
THATS WHAT ISNT RIGHT

Isn’t it??

Just think before you put your fingers to the keys before hurting anyone’s feelings race religion weight any hurtful comments.  is that a lot to ask and also  deal with it

Don’t get your knickers in a twist.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 47
Hagrid
April 4, 2022, 2:13pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,523
Gold Stars: 544
Quoted from supertown

Don’t get your knickers in a twist.

i shouldnt laugh
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 47
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › #GTFCWomen

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.