5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
lobsterpot
March 29, 2022, 4:09pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +18 / -2
Approval: +742
Gold Stars: 15
I know there’s not the buzz of the mens team surrounding our womens team but just like to drum up support where I can for them when I can so if anyones twiddling their thumbs tomorrow (wed) evening then get down to the Bradley stadium 7.45 ko for the game VS Grimsby Boro. We are unbeaten, only conceded 5 goals all season and need to win the remaining 5 matches to win the league so the girls should be going hell for leather for the win! UTM

" YOU ALWAYS SCORE FROM OUR CORNERS, SCORE FROM OUR CORNERS........"

Logged Offline
Private Message
Tommy
March 29, 2022, 5:09pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,869
Gold Stars: 76
Also, the Academy u15s are playing at Brigg Town's stadium tonight (KO 7pm) in the Floodlit Cup quarter final (vs Rochdale) if anyone is at a loose end tonight and wants to support the young lads.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 47
dapperz fun pub
March 29, 2022, 5:15pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,062
Gold Stars: 84
Quoted from Tommy
Also, the Academy u15s are playing at Brigg Town's stadium tonight (KO 7pm) in the Floodlit Cup quarter final (vs Rochdale) if anyone is at a loose end tonight and wants to support the young lads.

I might have  a look at that 👍 I keep seeing on Twitter about a shadow squad who have just landed in Portugal looking like there playing local sides. What’s this all about and what qualification will these lads get at the end of it ? Be interested to know what this all about
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 47
mariner chopper
April 1, 2022, 9:45am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +200
Gold Stars: 5
So in order to win the league now, GTFC need to win their last four games AND hope Arnold Eagles drop points in one of their remaining four games (assuming they lose to us in one of those four as well!)

https://fulltime.thefa.com/index.html?league=7385131#tab-2

Will be a tough ask as two of Arnold's remaining games are against the bottom two and all four of their games are at Home.

The link assumes just one, the champions, goes up - anyone know if this is definitely the case? Or is there an apply for promotion system from Step 6 to Step 5 like there was from 7 to 6 last season once the season was curtailed?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 47
It Bites
April 1, 2022, 4:45pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,217
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from oochiad

How can they be top spot with such a terrible midfield and strikers as you describe? Do they have injured players out?

Because, let's be honest Women's football is dreadful .
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 47
jamesgtfc
April 1, 2022, 5:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,050
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from arryarryarry

Well done to you for going, but I wouldn't travel anywhere to watch womens football even if you paid me.

So if you had a job in the sports industry, you would turn down money that pays the bills if you got sent to a womens game?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 47
psgmariner
April 1, 2022, 5:20pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from It Bites

Because, let's be honest Women's football is dreadful .

So is non league football but saddos like us still pay to watch it.

I watched a bit of the champions league ties. Sold out Camp Nou and loads of action and goals without the infuriating cheating and rolling around in fake agony which comes with the mens champions league.

Private Message
Reply: 6 - 47
arryarryarry
April 1, 2022, 5:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,051
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from jamesgtfc

So if you had a job in the sports industry, you would turn down money that pays the bills if you got sent to a womens game?

Erm..................I don't have a job in the sports industry and never had one.

Private Message
Reply: 7 - 47
jamesgtfc
April 1, 2022, 6:55pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,050
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from arryarryarry

Erm..................I don't have a job in the sports industry and never had one.

But, if you did, would you refuse to work at a womens game?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 47
arryarryarry
April 1, 2022, 10:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,051
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from jamesgtfc

But, if you did, would you refuse to work at a womens game?

I have no idea what the frig you are on about or what point you are trying to prove, there are probably thousands of jobs I wouldn't do even if they paid me lots of money. I wouldn't clean up other peoples excrement for example.

I don't give a toss if anyone wants to watch womens football I just can't stand it.

What is it that you fail to understand about that?
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 47
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › #GTFCWomen

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.