FishOutOfWater
March 23, 2022, 5:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,578
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from pontoonlew

Late to put subs on when we were on top to captialise on it. The obvious tactic we seem to have in the first 45 mins of EVERY single game against tough opposition which seems to be allowing them into the game and not going for it too early on.

Both negative approaches, both seen last night and both seen multiple times throughout the season, always to ill effect.

Two of our three subs came on when we were 1-0 up last night

I'd agree that at 1-1 we could have / should have made the third change but it is what it is... their two substitutions worked out better for them than ours did for us
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 30 - 34
forza ivano
March 23, 2022, 6:59pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,285
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from pontoonlew
It feels a bit ironic to be asked to be positive when we've got a manager so intent on being negative

what was negative about last night? efete and amos attacking full backs and nobody in midfield who you'd call defensive..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 34
ivanosandwich
March 23, 2022, 7:19pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +8 / -1
Approval: +1,465
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

Rob

Just completed it ( based on my Town predictions ) and it shows a final table with only 42 games.

Or have I not completed it correctly?  

I don't know whether the calculator is linked to the fixtures on this site here - https://thefishy.co.uk/fixtures

Those fixtures are missing the last 2 games.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 34
jamesgtfc
March 23, 2022, 8:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,042
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from forza ivano

what was negative about last night? efete and amos attacking full backs and nobody in midfield who you'd call defensive..

Lets not let facts get in the way of an agenda.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 34
gtfc_chris
March 24, 2022, 2:35pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +10 / 0
Approval: +1,519
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from GrimRob
I ran the calculator, had us beat the teams below us and lose to the teams above us, and we came 5th. I'll take that.

https://thefishy.co.uk/calculator0.php?competition=5

I did this a few weeks back and had us finishing 10th. Done it again and I have us 6th, joint points with Solihull and Notts County with Bromley 1 point behind outside play-offs. Boreham Wood drop out in mine so maybe I'm being unkind to them. Stockport top, Halifax second and Wrexham third.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 34
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Stay positive

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.