4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Norseman
March 23, 2022, 12:53am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +277
Gold Stars: 48
Even if we scraped into 7th we can't beat teams above us so it's pointless .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 34
promotion plaice
March 23, 2022, 1:02am

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,082
Gold Stars: 201
Quoted from Norseman
Even if we scraped into 7th we can't beat teams above us so it's pointless .

The play-offs are a lottery and all ways will be, you've got to be in it to win it.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 34
DB
March 23, 2022, 4:05am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.39
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,055
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from promotion plaice

Where's DB when you want him  

2 points of the play offs and loads of points to play for. Of course, were going to make the play offs and then get promoted. We will miss a local derby with Scunny but who cares when we're in L2. Positive and optimistic for promotion.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 34
aldi_01
March 23, 2022, 6:29am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
After being the worst team in the league, having that flipping charlatan Holloway in charge, 17 years of embarrassing dictatorship, 6 years or whatever in non league and learning nothing, letting the only manager since Buckley to bring stability and success leave because saving a few pounds was better, and anyway, a fitness coach doesn’t get you three points.

A confused catalogue of urine poor decisions and embarrassing approaches to running a club, sitting two points outside the playoff at the first attempt is not to be sniffed at. It could be better but then I’m sure every fan at every club says the same…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 34
bradzmilne
March 23, 2022, 6:46am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,433
Gold Stars: 30
Now the dust has settled from last night.

There is still reason to be positive.

Win on Saturday, we’ll be back in the POs - albeit only due to games in hand for teams elsewhere. However, as I said a couple of weeks ago, it’s better to be in the POs than not at this stage of the season. .

I firmly believe that if we’re still in touch after the Stockport game. We’ll be OK.

Saturday does feel absolutely crucial now though. As does probably 7 points out of the next 9 (Daggers, Chesterfield & Weymouth).

Easy on paper…. Our form against the top half suggests it won’t be.

Keep the faith. UTM

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 34
HertsGTFC
March 23, 2022, 8:15am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,005
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Hagrid
It is only 2 points, but we just dont win games we should and lose games we shouldnt. Repeat after repeat

Mentally draining

I’m trying to get my head around your comment what category does the 17 games we’ve won fall into?

On a serious note in this league with numerous big spenders or teams like our opponents last night who may not be recognisable names but have been solidly building for a few years we where always going to find it hard to get a firm hold on a play off position.

Well before Hurst & 1878 arrived this club and the team needed major reconstruction surgery and a full rebuild from top to bottom as it wasn’t fit for purpose..... that purpose? Being competitive on the football pitch.

Anyone who thought we’d come roaring back in such a competitive league must have been deluded, it’s not nice to see and at times difficult to support.but In reality there’s a long way still to go.

I don’t expect us to go up but did think we’d be good for a play off position but the table does not tell lies abd I suspect we’ll be on the outside looking in as the season comes to a close.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 34
GollyGTFC
March 23, 2022, 8:17am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,066
Gold Stars: 359
It’s hard to be positive when we have just 9 points from 14 matches against teams in the top 10.

Unless we turn that form around in the 4 remaining games against top 10 opposition (Dag & Red at home, Chesterfield away, Stockport at home & Boreham Wood at home) then we’re destined to finish 10th.
Logged Online
Private Message Skype
Reply: 16 - 34
Hagrid
March 23, 2022, 8:22am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,518
Gold Stars: 544
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I’m trying to get my head around your comment what category does the 17 games we’ve won fall into?

On a serious note in this league with numerous big spenders or teams like our opponents last night who may not be recognisable names but have been solidly building for a few years we where always going to find it hard to get a firm hold on a play off position.

Well before Hurst & 1878 arrived this club and the team needed major reconstruction surgery and a full rebuild from top to bottom as it wasn’t fit for purpose..... that purpose? Being competitive on the football pitch.

Anyone who thought we’d come roaring back in such a competitive league must have been deluded, it’s not nice to see and at times difficult to support.but In reality there’s a long way still to go.

I don’t expect us to go up but did think we’d be good for a play off position but the table does not tell lies abd I suspect we’ll be on the outside looking in as the season comes to a close.

Referring to teams around us sorry
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 34
jamesgtfc
March 23, 2022, 9:36am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,042
Gold Stars: 190
A lot of these games we are losing against teams above us are of our own doing. Last night we took the lead against the run of play but weren't clinical enough during the period we were dominant. Clifton missed a gift of a header at home against Chesterfield I think it was. When we get presented with a gift, we need to be taking advantage.

Often when we break, if the keeper saves it that's the end of the attack. Last night Crocombe pulled off a great save but parried it into the path of Hudlin. There was a moment in the first half where McAtee took the ball wide, the midfield didn't run forward so his only option was to try beat 3 defenders with the cross into Taylor.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 34
Maringer
March 23, 2022, 9:57am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,680
Gold Stars: 189
I take exception to the idea that Crocombe made a great save before their first goal. It was a weak shot which he flapped into the path of their striker. I thought he could have put his hand on it, personally, but he had to push it wide and not into the middle of the box if he wasn't going to hold it.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 34
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Stay positive

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.