lew chaterleys lover
February 19, 2022, 5:44pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,791
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from rancido

No, based on the fact that you post on a site about male football, which you support, but are not interested in women's football. The obvious conclusion is that you are interested in football as long as it is only played by men. As a point of interest do you watch tennis? If so, is it only the male version you watch or do you watch women's tennis as well?

That is not the definition of misogyny at all!

Are you really trying to say the majority of men who don't like to watch women play football are misogynistic? It is a niche sport, lots of women don't like watching women play football. It is just a preference, nothing more nothing less.
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 35
Meza
February 19, 2022, 5:57pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,650
Gold Stars: 50
Quoted from arryarryarry

Stop talking crap, I don't watch woman's football because it is very poor quality compared to men's football. If it was anywhere near as good it would possibly get similar crowds but it doesn't.

Are all those that watch mens football and don't watch woman's, misogynists?

I watched a bit of womans football during the start the England and Arsenal forward Kelly Smith scoring a worldie of a volley a technique only some men can do.  Then i lost interest as soon as Aluko and her gob started talking shite (womans wages should match the mens).  If the interest isn't there you cant go and force people etc (much to what i felt Aluko was trying to do).

[URL=https://imgur.com/VCxdH2Y][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/VCxdH2Ys.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/uMRVvRe][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/uMRVvRes.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/5p7nllT][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/5p7nllTs.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/46BEw5M][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/46BEw5Ms.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/06NXnQF][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/06NXnQFs.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 35
rancido
February 19, 2022, 6:02pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,661
Gold Stars: 102

That is not the definition of misogyny at all!

Are you really trying to say the majority of men who don't like to watch women play football are misogynistic? It is a niche sport, lots of women don't like watching women play football. It is just a preference, nothing more nothing less.

No it isn't but it could be interpreted as one element of it. It wasn't so much as saying that a majority of men don't like watching women's football, a debatable point in itself, merely that the poster said "nobody gives an excrement about it". That is a very sweeping statement and not true. I watch it and I know quite a few male friends who do.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 35
toontown
February 20, 2022, 9:37am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,273
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from rancido

No, based on the fact that you post on a site about male football, which you support, but are not interested in women's football. The obvious conclusion is that you are interested in football as long as it is only played by men. As a point of interest do you watch tennis? If so, is it only the male version you watch or do you watch women's tennis as well?

Isn't he just discussing the topic at hand (at a slight tangent) on a football discussion forum, happens all the time on here. He has a different view to you.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 35
Gaffer58
February 20, 2022, 9:47am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 33
The women super league attendances do not even match some of the smaller clubs in our league.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 35
KingstonMariner
February 20, 2022, 11:36am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Gaffer58
The women super league attendances do not even match some of the smaller clubs in our league.

WTF!

“They’re selling bananas cheap at Tescos. Get yourself down there.”
“Bananas are not as good as pork chops.”
“Pork chops are worth more per pound than bananas.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 35
DaleH
February 20, 2022, 11:43am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +808
Gold Stars: 168
Quoted from Gaffer58

And your point is?

Folks, stop getting carried away in this debate. Believe me, women’s football at all levels, knows where it is in its development. Especially in regard to small but growing attendances, as well as participation, where growth in female football across the ages is growing more than any other sport in existence.

People in the female game really aren’t making comparisons to the men’s game. They really aren’t. There’s been less than a handful of female pro’s in the world, that have made daft assertions about the need for equal pay etc. Those of us that are sensible and intelligent in the game, know that those outlandish claims are balderdash, for all of the unviable commercial reasons. Apart from those wallies, the vast majority of people in the Womens game do not seek to compare it to the mens game. That would be stupid.

If you took time to know folk involved in the female game, what you would actually find, is great people, that are extremely passionate about their sport, enjoying their sport of choice, and really enjoying being a part of the growth of the female game and the journey it’s going on as it continues to evolve.

You’d also find some extremely gifted athletes, extremely gifted technicians, and equally some average and below average participants too, just like you will in any other sport that is enjoyed by women and men. You’ll find extremely knowledgable people involved in the women’s game, that are first class students of the game. Including some incredibly talented coaches. You won’t find the same level of power or physicality in the Womens game as you do in the men’s game, but, as I’ve said, people that are involved in the Womens game aren’t suggesting that those similarities exist or that those comparisons should be made.

There’s plenty of people out there that struggle to warm to women’s football. Some that are rude about it, and they are mostly men that are, let’s face it, dinosaurs with outdated chauvinistic attitudes to women in sport. Unfortunately we have to live with that. But believe me, that will not be barrier to girls’ and women playing football, and the acceleration in the growth of Womens football will not abate anytime soon.

Nobody is trying to force Womens football on people. My original post was a message to let people know that the Womens team has a big game and huge uphill challenge today. If that resulted in a few more Grimsby fans going along to see them play and support them, then that’s fantastic. If not, we’ll that’s fine too.

The game is being played at Yarwood Sports and Leisure Centre in Lincoln, and it’s a 2pm kick off, and it’s free admission

Good luck to the players’ today in their massive challenge. Do your best in a game where nobody expects you to cause an upset. And hold your heads up high no matter what the outcome is

All the best
Dale
#UTM

"BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 35
Lincoln Mariner 56
February 20, 2022, 12:30pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,773
Gold Stars: 82
game is being played at Yarwood Sports and Leisure Centre in Lincoln, and it’s a 2pm kick off, and it’s free admission

Think that should be Yarborough Leisure Centre which is straight off the A15 roundabout.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 35
Heswall Mariner
February 20, 2022, 2:56pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +594
Gold Stars: 30
At the very top level - Arsenal.Chelsea,Man City etc - there are some very good players providing great entertainment.
Although their game is rapidly becoming more popular they cannot expect pay deals any way near the men's game until they generate equivalent revenues.
I would still go & support our girls if I lived anywhere near NE Lincs.
Anyone got the half time score there?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 35
pizzzza
February 20, 2022, 3:27pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,721
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from Heswall Mariner

Anyone got the half time score there?

It's currently Lincoln 3 Grimsby 1 after 60 mins played
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 35
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lincoln City v Grimsby Town

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.