kafunanapar140909
February 19, 2022, 11:50am

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +575
Gold Stars: 50
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

The big clubs run a womens team to look like equality matters to them but in reality do you think the sheiks of Man City settle down on a afternoon and watch a game ? Do you think Roman at chelski gives a toss about his ladies team nah I don’t think so …just because sky and others are pushing it doesn’t mean it will sell world wide , until I see the standard improve and the attendances vastly improve I’m not convinced

I definitely don't think the Sheiks of Man City watch their women's teams, and it'll be very interesting to see what Newcastle's new owners will do with their women's setup, given the cultural standing of women in Saudi Arabia.

But there has always been an underlying interest in women’s sport in this country – football included. Even the most casual football fan should be able to tell you that, before the FA ban, women’s football was hugely popular. During WWI, when the men’s game was obviously suspended, women’s football was watched by tens of thousands – male private, Kerr Ladies FC was the most famous team and for one of their games at Goodison over 50,000 watched.  

Right now women’s football is finally finding its feet again. Sky Sports and the BBC have paid £8million between them in broadcasting deals for the WSL. That’ll move games from the red button and online streaming to mainstream channels, and with it a predicted 300% increase in viewers. Barclay’s also seem to think women’s football is worth investing in: in 2019 they paid £15million to sponsor the WSL for three years, and in renewing their deal last year they doubled that to £30million.

Fair enough if it’s not for you but it’s here and growing fast, and we’d be stupid not to get on board with it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 35
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
February 19, 2022, 11:57am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +877
Gold Stars: 123
I’ve tried watching womens football it’s not for me good luck anyway red x away btw

In short fella no one gives a excrement about womens football no one cares about dale leaving his role or why he left putting it simply theirs no demand for it.  The only thing that matters is getting out of this excrement league and then possibly hopefully re locating to a new stadium that’s what will help the wider community

The big clubs run a womens team to look like equality matters to them but in reality do you think the sheiks of Man City settle down on a afternoon and watch a game ? Do you think Roman at chelski gives a toss about his ladies team nah I don’t think so …just because sky and others are pushing it doesn’t mean it will sell world wide , until I see the standard improve and the attendances vastly improve I’m not convinced

Im not sure, a few doubts are creeping in that you are not a fan of women playing football. Its just a hunch. Anybody else get the same feeling? Maybe you think they should all be at home washing the dishes and looking after the kids.

Theres a word for people like you, Sunshine, Be careful what you say. You can upset people, you know.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 35
dapperz fun pub
February 19, 2022, 12:23pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,056
Gold Stars: 84

Im not sure, a few doubts are creeping in that you are not a fan of women playing football. Its just a hunch. Anybody else get the same feeling? Maybe you think they should all be at home washing the dishes and looking after the kids.

Theres a word for people like you, Sunshine, Be careful what you say. You can upset people, you know.

What’s the word sunshine ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 35
darren9
February 19, 2022, 1:22pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / -7
Approval: +607
Gold Stars: 39

What’s the word sunshine ?

Misogynist.  

Twitter: @DarrenLeeNewman
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 35
dapperz fun pub
February 19, 2022, 1:39pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,056
Gold Stars: 84
Quoted from darren9

Misogynist.  

Based on my thoughts on womens football 😳 only on the fishy
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 35
rancido
February 19, 2022, 2:13pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,659
Gold Stars: 102

Based on my thoughts on womens football 😳 only on the fishy

No, based on the fact that you post on a site about male football, which you support, but are not interested in women's football. The obvious conclusion is that you are interested in football as long as it is only played by men. As a point of interest do you watch tennis? If so, is it only the male version you watch or do you watch women's tennis as well?

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 35
ginnywings
February 19, 2022, 2:45pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from rancido

No, based on the fact that you post on a site about male football, which you support, but are not interested in women's football. The obvious conclusion is that you are interested in football as long as it is only played by men. As a point of interest do you watch tennis? If so, is it only the male version you watch or do you watch women's tennis as well?

That would describe me too. I've watched women's football and it did nothing for me.

Does that make me a misogynist?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 35
KingstonMariner
February 19, 2022, 3:08pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from ginnywings

That would describe me too. I've watched women's football and it did nothing for me.

Does that make me a misogynist?

No. You don’t keep banging on about it, like Diaperz

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 35
kafunanapar140909
February 19, 2022, 3:14pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +575
Gold Stars: 50
Of course you can prefer men’s football to women’s football and not be a misogynist.

The point is that this was a fairly light-hearted thread posted by Dale, pointing out that our women’s team are playing against Lincoln if anyone fancied taking in a match this weekend, yet for some reason dapperz felt the need to jump on and declare his hatred of the women’s game.

The absolute lack of any reason to do this is why people are questioning him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 35
arryarryarry
February 19, 2022, 5:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,051
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from rancido

Stop talking crap, I don't watch woman's football because it is very poor quality compared to men's football. If it was anywhere near as good it would possibly get similar crowds but it doesn't.

Are all those that watch mens football and don't watch woman's, misogynists?
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 35
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lincoln City v Grimsby Town

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.