February 19, 2022, 1:20pm
Live in Bucks born and bred in Grimsby.
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,280
Gold Stars: 36
Quoted from PaceyMariner
Wow, I hope new signings don’t read the Fishy. Admittedly it’s not the most exciting signing on paper, but god, give the guy a chance. He’s not kicked a ball here yet.

He might be crap, and a poor signing. Not denying that, but let’s see him play before we completely write him off.

Totally agree. Sometimes the negativity on this forum beggars belief. #UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 112
headingly_mariner
February 19, 2022, 2:29pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 124
This thread is minging.
I’ll never understand how people can moan like intercourse about a player they’ve never seen play. It’s just pathetic.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 112
GrimExile
February 19, 2022, 5:02pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from headingly_mariner
This thread is minging.
I’ll never understand how people can moan like intercourse about a player they’ve never seen play. It’s just pathetic.

Totally agree Headingly. See my post immediately above yours!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 112
GrimPol
February 19, 2022, 8:17pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +5 / -6
Approval: -787
Gold Stars: 76
This thread is minging.

Hang on a minute, I've re-read the comments, and actually, nobody is moaning. They (I'm) are simply pointing out the bleeding obvious that in 220 outings (various) he scored 26 goals. Also, everyone who signed him loaned him out. Now he's on loan to Grimsby. He's 26 so not a newbie but a finished article.
Nobody says we shouldn't have signed him, but it's no good pretending he's a Ronaldo or Henry in disguise either.
It's a discussion, not a put-down, nor should it be a blind disregard of the obvious.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 112
lukeo
February 19, 2022, 8:46pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,405
Gold Stars: 149
For all we know in those 220 game's he's assisted 300+ times 😉
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 112
promotion plaice
February 19, 2022, 8:56pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,082
Gold Stars: 201

I rated Jamille Matt when he played for us and he only scored 4 goals in 34 games, he's not done too bad since he left us.

Give the lad a chance.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 112
bawarmy
February 19, 2022, 9:00pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +2,021
Gold Stars: 33
This thread is minging.

Imagine if the fishy had been around when that has-been from Halifax signed for us, that went on to become one of the best players we’ve seen in a town shirt.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 112
Mariner_501
February 19, 2022, 9:03pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +14 / -8
Approval: +223
Gold Stars: 28
Quoted from Quagmire
Red cross away but it’s a pointless signing.

Is this really the best we can do?

You can generally tell how a player will do looking at their record and the comments from fans of the club he is coming from.  

Look at the strikers our rivals pull out of the bag, and we bring this lad in.  

He’ll play a slack handful of minutes coming off the bench, score no goals and be back at Tranmere in May.

Where’s the ambition?  How are we building for the future?

Agreed. Absolute waste of money. Rather have saved it and used it for next season. Efete is a better goal scorer from right back.

Must have seen 30+ comments from previous clubs at this point and not any positive.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 112
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
February 19, 2022, 10:31pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.63
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,698
Gold Stars: 72
To be fair doubt most players these days know internet forums still exist and probably just read social media comments
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 112
GrimExile
February 20, 2022, 12:05am
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from GrimPol

Hang on a minute, I've re-read the comments, and actually, nobody is moaning. They (I'm) are simply pointing out the bleeding obvious that in 220 outings (various) he scored 26 goals. Also, everyone who signed him loaned him out. Now he's on loan to Grimsby. He's 26 so not a newbie but a finished article.
Nobody says we shouldn't have signed him, but it's no good pretending he's a Ronaldo or Henry in disguise either.
It's a discussion, not a put-down, nor should it be a blind disregard of the obvious.

No but it’s putting negative slant on it as the guy hasn’t even played 1 game for us yet. Let’s make a decision on him when he’s played a game or two please. #UTM

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 112
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Incoming striker

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.