Mayaman
February 20, 2022, 2:00am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,442
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
My Tranny mate reckons he’s worse than Stefan Payne…..

I’ll wait and see for myself

Your mate from Transylvania?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 112
GrimPol
February 20, 2022, 8:19am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +5 / -6
Approval: -787
Gold Stars: 76
Fine, have it your way, all I can gather is that some of you live in Cleeps, near the beach, so you can stick your head in the sand.

Personally, if PH is that desperate, why not grab one of our youngsters, let him warm the bench.
E.g. Callum Stratton, he's pacey enough.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 112
Mariner56
February 20, 2022, 3:48pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +276
Gold Stars: 3
The Salford fans seem to rate him. this is a typical post from when he left to sign for Tranmere:

"Good luck to him. I hope he does well there except when he plays against us and I hope also that he gets a good reception from the Salford fans for the valuable contributions that he made to our club. Whatever his faults he never gave anything less than 100 per cent, played his heart out and always with a smile on his face. Key moments will of course be him scoring our first goal in the National League play off final against AFC Fylde as well as setting up our third and final goal, scoring our first ever two EFL goals in our 2-0 season opening win against Stevenage, converting a penalty in last seasons Papa John's Trophy penalty shoot out win against Portsmouth, scoring the third goal against his old club Kidderminster Harriers when we drew their 4-4 after trailing by four goals with just 10 minutes remaining. All major contributions for which he should be very proud"

"I'm sure gonna miss singing his "Do, Do, Do ... " song"
(Duke of Earl tune maybe?) not sure how to pronounce his name but generally known as Mani
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 112
The Yard Dog
March 5, 2022, 5:20pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,516
Gold Stars: 74
The only stats that count as far as we are concerned are, he has made 2 appearances and scored 1, that goal vitality important in keeping our mini run going and closed in on the play-offs.
How important that goal might be, only time will tell.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 112
rancido
March 6, 2022, 1:32pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,659
Gold Stars: 102
If the goal he scored ends up being the  difference between us securing a play-off place or not then he was worth signing, even if he doesn't score again.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 112
Jarmo.Is.God
May 30, 2022, 2:07pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Remember, a Wikipedia page of someones goal scoring record means intercourse all.

P.S
Sorry if you see this pop up and thought... why the fluff we signing a striker with 1 game left
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 112
GtfcGarner
May 31, 2022, 9:30am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +30 / -14
Approval: +1,794
Gold Stars: 26
Ended up being a sh!t signing didn’t he that bloke who had a 1 in 10 record.

Lovely to see him playing with a smile on his face as well. From what I’ve heard he’s an infectious character in the dressing room. Scored some very important goals and 2 so far in the playoffs, think his hold up play has been exceptional aswell. This is why to never judge a book by its cover, even if we don’t end up signing Mani on a permanent he’s given me memories that will last a lifetime.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 112
mariner91
May 31, 2022, 9:54am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,770
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from GtfcGarner
Ended up being a sh!t signing didn’t he that bloke who had a 1 in 10 record.

Lovely to see him playing with a smile on his face as well. From what I’ve heard he’s an infectious character in the dressing room. Scored some very important goals and 2 so far in the playoffs, think his hold up play has been exceptional aswell. This is why to never judge a book by its cover, even if we don’t end up signing Mani on a permanent he’s given me memories that will last a lifetime.

He has cult status already. Imagine if he got the winner on Sunday. I love him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 112
Poojah
May 31, 2022, 9:55am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,881
Gold Stars: 1,526
I’m not one to lay into new signings before they’ve kicked a ball but I have to hold my hands up and say I was underwhelmed to Jon Nolan-esque levels when this one was announced.

What an impact he’s had. I’m not quite sure what his minutes per goal record is but it’s certainly well under 90; Kabongo Tshimanga is on 100 for context.

He’s scored some huge goals going right back to his last minute winner in his home debut against Woking, and his general performances have got better and better with each game. Is it any fluke that he appears to be playing the best football of his career for Town, or did Hurst see something to unlock in him that others couldn’t? I suspect it may be the latter.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 112
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Incoming striker

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.