Jarmo.Is.God
May 31, 2022, 10:07am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Quoted from Poojah
I’m not one to lay into new signings before they’ve kicked a ball but I have to hold my hands up and say I was underwhelmed to Jon Nolan-esque levels when this one was announced.

What an impact he’s had. I’m not quite sure what his minutes per goal record is but it’s certainly well under 90; Kabongo Tshimanga is on 100 for context.

He’s scored some huge goals going right back to his last minute winner in his home debut against Woking, and his general performances have got better and better with each game. Is it any fluke that he appears to be playing the best football of his career for Town, or did Hurst see something to unlock in him that others couldn’t? I suspect it may be the latter.

Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
Watched at home...
I'm a big Hurst fan, but he got everything spot on last night.
High press, which i feared we would run out of steam in the 2nd half, clearly not!!!
Even down to the subs, which Twitter was in meltdown, as of course, should of been earlier....

You should never fall in love with a loan player, but when Dieseruvwe said 'i've just flipping thrown myself at it', i did just that! What a guy
He's actually scored 6 goals in 424 minutes, which is a goal every 70minutes of football.... and a lot of them minutes have been less than 20 from the bench.... Tranmere slated him, but he's made a huge difference without standing out IMO.

I'm worried about being without Fox in the winter next season when he gets called up by Southgate... league 1 performance from him last night.
However, he only signed a 1 year deal, and he's only 23!!!! get that one sorted please

Sousa - If he had that end product, he would be 2/3 leagues above... So please don't moan when he's gone past 3 and been wasteful, because the next time he goes past 3, he gets us a foul.

I posted this after the Notts County game - a goal every 70 minutes.

After Wrexham, its now - 7 goals in 470 minutes, which is a goal every 67 Minutes and as i say above, a lot are from the bench!
In fact, he's only started 3 games, and only played the full 90 once! in which he scored a hat-trick....

He's now our joint 3rd top scorer
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 112
TownSNAFU5
May 31, 2022, 10:41am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,907
Gold Stars: 42
Haarland contracted to sign for City to play with McAtee.  If a contractual error, maybe signs to play with a McAtee at another club? 😌
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 112
TownSNAFU5
May 31, 2022, 10:53am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,907
Gold Stars: 42
The  NL paper this Sun had an article about a young, promising striker with a top class pedigree.  21 year old Michael Gyasi.  He scored a stunning hat trick for Dover this year at Wrexham.  On loan from King’s Lynn.  (Both relegated),

He is talented, fast and hardworking.  Chelsea paid a lot of money for him at aged 11.  Since went to Leicester Academy.

Sounds an early and late developer.  Chesterfield and top Scottish club after him,

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 112
12 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Incoming striker

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.