Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Rearing it's ugly head again......
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 243 Guests

Rearing it's ugly head again......

This thread currently has 8,276 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Gilbertswand
February 10, 2022, 8:24pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Approval: +184
Gold Stars: 21
While i dont condone some of the behaviour i saw on Saturday some blame has to lie with the the police and EMR.
They know its a 3pm kick off.
One of Grimsby's best away days of the season.
They know  2500 Grimsby will be attending (at least half of which will come on the train).
Yet putting on special trains and coaches at additional cost to EMR is an after thought and a decision on the day?
What happened to the football specials?

Could have had all town fans on one train direct. In and out and boisterous fans not bothering other train users.
Throw in a few police/no alcohol on the train and a lot of these problems could have been avoided. UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 57
GollyGTFC
February 10, 2022, 8:26pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,066
Gold Stars: 359
Quoted from pontoonlew

I’ve never been called a nice bloke from Leeds before but that is indeed me!

Well, by Leeds standards you are.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 51 - 57
dapperz fun pub
February 11, 2022, 7:43am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,057
Gold Stars: 84
Lazy journalism throughout the piece
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 57
jamesgtfc
February 11, 2022, 9:04am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from pontoonlew

I’ve never been called a nice bloke from Leeds before but that is indeed me!

He's not under the influence of drugs or alcohol so held back his real thoughts 😉
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 57
grimps
February 11, 2022, 11:11am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,165
Gold Stars: 46
The football liaison officers seemed to have plenty of time to arrange for a reporter to travel with them but not enough to arrange extra train carriages .
I suspect if the police took a sniffer dog to the Times Christmas staff party they’d find more than 5 bags of drugs
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 57
aldi_01
February 12, 2022, 7:12am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I suspect if the sniffer dogs had hung around hooters after the match, their yield of gak would’ve been significantly higher…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 57
Mariner_501
February 12, 2022, 9:52am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +14 / -8
Approval: +223
Gold Stars: 28
Quoted from pontoonlew

I was the person stood on the row behind you who pointed this out to him. Him and his mates came and stood in front of us on our row, never seen the guy at a game before and quite clearly was actively looking for some kind of trouble.

Wonder if it was the same guy/group abusing the female kiosk worker, pushing the till off and chucking milk on people. Absolute w@nkers

I was on the train and tbh it was an absolute joke of a service. Never saw anything bad personally in the section I was in apart from the fact we were crammed in so much that we were could basically smell each other’s breath. Hard to feel sympathy for the train service, definitely feel sympathy for the people who missed trains due to whatever reason, be it the train service not planning properly so they couldn’t get on at stops, or due to the mess left behind
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 57
GibMariner
February 12, 2022, 11:53am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -964
Gold Stars: 21
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Is newarkmariner your username because you live in Newark or just a handy anagram?

Football is for everyone. A sizeable minority on Saturday showed a complete disregard for their fellow supporters on Saturday and caused noticeable distress to some younger fans and ruined their enjoyment.

No ones asking for anything unreasonable. Sit/stand in the seat you were allocated. Don’t bring smoke bombs/flairs to the game. Don’t drink so much that you are excessively drunk. Have a bit of awareness for the people around you- especially the young and old. Show the same level of respect to Notts County staff as we would expect the staff in our away end to be shown by fans visiting Blundell Park:

I’m old enough to remember how away fans used to be treated. The fact is if football continues on its current course those restrictive measures will come back for the clubs who fans cause the biggest issues.

If we play Notts next season everyone is going to moan when it’s a 1PM kick-off, when EMR make all their trains alcohol free, when the police are waiting for those fans at Nottingham station and don’t let them anywhere near a pub, when Notts County aren’t serving alcohol in the away end and when our allocation is restricted to 1,600 (80% of the seats) because some fans can’t just go to their allocated seat.

Football isn’t just about the result. It’s about it being an enjoyable overall experience. When it stops being that you end up with attendances like English football experienced in the 1980s.

Golly. About time we found some common ground. Post of the week me thinks
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 57
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Rearing it's ugly head again......

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.