Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Rearing it's ugly head again......
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 267 Guests

Rearing it's ugly head again......

This thread currently has 8,280 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Sandford1981
February 6, 2022, 6:19pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,085
Gold Stars: 59
As if to prove the point being discussed that Leicester City ‘fan’ is going to be in big bother. Imagine being a fully grown adult and not being able to control yourself because the opposition score a goal against your team. Absolute clown!

“I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 57
Phil the cod
February 6, 2022, 6:22pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +5 / -5
Approval: -332
Gold Stars: 61
Quoted from pen penfras

Unlikely. Even if Russia do attack, everybody will stand by and watch, threaten some sanctions that'll ultimately push up inflation further and Putin will get what he wants like he did with Crimea.

Can't see him being worried about sanctions when we've allowed ourselves to be reliant on Russia for our gas.
He's played our idiotic government for fools for years.
Aided and abetted by the liberal classes that run our country.
Still, we've got rainbow flags on police cars,so I guess all's good.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 57
Kris2
February 6, 2022, 6:27pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from Phil the cod
Meanwhile, ww3 is about to start in Ukraine, and here we are fretting about someone eating birthday cake and having a few drinks at work, and Harry Pell being "assaulted" I bet Putin's quaking in his boots.

Lol no. Even if some sort of conflict started, which it won't it, wouldn't come close to the complex politics of the two world wars. With things like nuclear deterrents and how world politics is set up, it makes it basically impossible for a world war to start.

This is a football forum though and football topics are discussed. I think situations go too far when fans are running on the pitch touching players or damaging football grounds, it's not just our fans but we have a group who insist on doing something every week. Also embarrassed by a section of younger fans who are hooligan wannabes who go to away days to terrorise the locals, cause trouble at matches and take pictures of themselves doing Nazi salutes. The same kids would probably chant "two world wars" at the Germans even though they apparently support the ideals we defeated.  
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 57
Phil the cod
February 6, 2022, 6:32pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +5 / -5
Approval: -332
Gold Stars: 61
Quoted from Kris2

Lol no. Even if some sort of conflict started, which it won't it, wouldn't come close to the complex politics of the two world wars. With things like nuclear deterrents and how world politics is set up, it makes it basically impossible for a world war to start.

This is a football forum though and football topics are discussed. I think situations go too far when fans are running on the pitch touching players or damaging football grounds, it's not just our fans but we have a group who insist on doing something every week. Also embarrassed by a section of younger fans who are hooligan wannabes who go to away days to terrorise the locals, cause trouble at matches and take pictures of themselves doing Nazi salutes. The same kids would probably chant "two world wars" at the Germans even though they apparently support the ideals we defeated.  

Yeah, I've seen this , morons.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 57
aldi_01
February 6, 2022, 7:23pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
But it was Harry Pell…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 57
Manchester Mariner
February 6, 2022, 7:25pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,822
Gold Stars: 41
Agro at the match>Harry Pell>Russia invading Ukraine.

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 57
Rodley Mariner
February 6, 2022, 8:23pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,258
Gold Stars: 180
I have just seen the Harry Pell incident and obviously condemn in the strongest blah, blah, blah. But it is important to recognise that it is flipping hilarious.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 57
bobbyturtle
February 6, 2022, 10:17pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +954
Gold Stars: 18
isn't the p, pronounced b?

Icenian Prediction League 2015 (Game 2) winner
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 57
Poojah
February 6, 2022, 10:49pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,898
Gold Stars: 1,527
Some absolute pleb had a pop at the Forest players in their game against Leicester. Shame the stewards had to intervene.

Seriously, what's wrong with people. Say 'hi' to Mason for me...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpQTYkabkuc

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 57
LH
February 6, 2022, 11:05pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,601
Gold Stars: 177
Every time someone jumps the fence to punch a footballer the rest of the country’s sane football fans have to wait another five years before we can legally sit with a pint watching a match. It must be roughly five years since I said the same thing when someone punched Jack Grealish at St Andrews.
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 57
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Rearing it's ugly head again......

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.