Reply: 30 - 97
Tommy
September 4, 2021, 10:31pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,869
Gold Stars: 76
I don't think there's anything wrong with someone airing their negative opinion or constructive criticism after a victory. Can't really have rules on when we're allowed to make negative comments. As long as its constructive or backed up by some reasoning, then I don't have a problem with it, and it can be debated rather than just shut down.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 97
MuddyWaters
September 4, 2021, 10:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Tommy
I don't think there's anything wrong with someone airing their negative opinion or constructive criticism after a victory. Can't really have rules on when we're allowed to make negative comments. As long as its constructive or backed up by some reasoning, then I don't have a problem with it, and it can be debated rather than just shut down.

Pretty much sums up my post. There’s no doubt in my mind that Hurst and Doig will watch that back and be concerned about what happened defensively today.
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 97
Mikey_345
September 4, 2021, 10:44pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +5,576
Gold Stars: 113
“Now for the negative bit”

Why? We’re unbeaten in 3 with two wins and a good away point at well fancied Stockport.

We went two goals behind and managed to pull it back and get a win. What does that say about this group of players and their attitudes…

5k+ for the second game in a row.

BP was rocking and there is a feel good factor around our club again.

Don’t get me wrong, we’re all entitled to an opinion but let’s just have a while to enjoy this after one of the worst years of our lives as GTFC fans - there will be plenty of time for talking about negatives along the way…

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 97
Bigdog
September 4, 2021, 10:56pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.12
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Bunch of drama queens. Don't spoil the positive energy bulllshit. As if anything OC could say should make a blind bit of difference to what any fan or player should be feeling tonight, no offence OC. Maybe everyone wants to line up and have a go at Hurst re his post match interview as well. He was quite scathing at times and named names. We scored four, great, we conceded three, not so great. Why not have a bit of a balanced debate on here like grown ups instead of behaving like spoilt three year olds..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 97
MuddyWaters
September 4, 2021, 11:01pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Bigdog
Bunch of drama queens. Don't spoil the positive energy bulllshit. As if anything OC could say should make a blind bit of difference to what any fan or player should be feeling tonight, no offence OC. Maybe everyone wants to line up and have a go at Hurst re his post match interview as well. He was quite scathing at times and named names. We scored four, great, we conceded three, not so great. Why not have a bit of a balanced debate on here like grown ups instead of behaving like spoilt three year olds..

Exactly. I’m as thrilled with today as anyone. I just think we can get better. We could have put them away 5 or 6 today, surely that’s a positive? I see a weakness, what’s wrong with calling it out?
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 97
Lincoln Mariner 56
September 4, 2021, 11:13pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,773
Gold Stars: 82
Tend to agree re Macca and also believe Shaun should have done better in his challenge which led to the first goal and McAtee should have done better with when laying the ball off straight to a Barnet player that led to the second. For a change I sat in the Pontoon so can’t comment on what went wrong for their third.

But without their goals we wouldn’t have had the great drama and excitement so like 50 years ago the second home game was won 4-3, albeit that was a league cup game. Personally felt the defenders did ok but in the latter part of the first half they got on top in midfield and to be fair we’re fairly sharp with their passing and had a few decent players who caused us problems. Second half our midfield totally dominated and I can’t remember a game where we spent so much time in the oppositions half for many a season.

Still need a couple of players but a great match, good football and a late winner so pretty much a perfect afternoon.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 97
arryarryarry
September 5, 2021, 12:05am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,050
Gold Stars: 117
Not sure what he was doing for their 3rd but the first two were down to poor defending and not Macca's fault.
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 97
Heisenberg
September 5, 2021, 12:19am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +5,116
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I totally agree. Problem is that he’s quite slight in stature compared to many keepers, including Crocombe, and I worry that a more savvy team will work out that it’s a weakness. Yes, we had a great day today but we also got a bit lucky.

Slight? Are you kidding me?! That’s preposterous. Whatever we think of Macca, he’s an athlete and definitely not slight.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 97
Vance Warner
September 5, 2021, 7:59am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,832
Gold Stars: 106
Whilst people are entitled to post what they like I think the bloke’s done enough in the last ten years to deserve a bit more respect. He started the season with two clean sheets and a very solid looking defence. There were various reasons in different areas of the pitch why we conceded 3 goals against Barnet but to single out Macca is baffling. There are very few keeper who command their box at all times and can claim the majority of crosses. Dave Beasant is the only one I’ve seen do it for town. For me it’s a cheap shot and strange to post something negative on a day of so many positives. I wouldn’t swap him for another keeper in the conference as didn’t see many better in League Two. Remember some of the jokers we had in goal before Macca and be careful what you wish for.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 97
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Now the negative bit

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.