MuddyWaters
September 4, 2021, 7:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Kris2

It's always the same group of people tbh. They formed an "I hate Macca" club and will pick on him for every single goal we let in even if we win.

That’s complete bull. Massively respect Macca but he had a stinker today and several last season. In this league, we’ll need someone who is far more decisive under crosses. If you think different, then you need to take your rose tinted specs off.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 97
jamesgtfc
September 4, 2021, 7:17pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from toontown
I like Macca and he did make a good save today in the first half, low to his right.

However, against Stockport he had a bad game with poor kicking and failing to get a good punch on a number of crosses. And yes it was the same today with crosses, unfortunately.

McKeown is never going to be the best at distribution. He made a great save today, will be disappointed with their first but the second was nestled in the bottom corner.

The defence was shaky today and that doesn't help the keeper.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 97
headingly_mariner
September 4, 2021, 7:21pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 124
What a flipping shite thread
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 97
Mariner56
September 4, 2021, 7:24pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +276
Gold Stars: 3
Is this thread really necessary today of all days?

Can we not just enjoy a thrilling victory without creating a thread to single out one player for criticism.

Are we all forgetting Macca’s brilliant save in the first half, he played his part as did every other player in the team.

Just for once, let’s enjoy a memorable win, the likes of which we haven’t seen for a very long time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 97
MuddyWaters
September 4, 2021, 7:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Mariner56
Is this thread really necessary today of all days?

Can we not just enjoy a thrilling victory without creating a thread to single out one player for criticism.

Are we all forgetting Macca’s brilliant save in the first half, he played his part as did every other player in the team.

Just for once, let’s enjoy a memorable win, the likes of which we haven’t seen for a very long time.

Probably as necessary as your thread with an ancient interview of Kewell as Notts County boss 🤭🤡
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 97
Harry Haddock
September 4, 2021, 8:24pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +18 / -8
Approval: +670
Gold Stars: 5
Its true he didn't have a great game (all players have an off day) but do you really think this thread is going help his confidence ? Do you think players don't read the Fishy ?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 97
Mariner56
September 4, 2021, 8:41pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +276
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Probably as necessary as your thread with an ancient interview of Kewell as Notts County boss 🤭🤡

Oh well, that's you versus me for 'Twit of the Week' then
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 97
MuddyWaters
September 4, 2021, 8:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Harry Haddock
Its true he didn't have a great game (all players have an off day) but do you really think this thread is going help his confidence ? Do you think players don't read the Fishy ?

I know things are going well, but aren’t we allowed an opinion? That performance against a better team would cost us points.
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 97
headingly_mariner
September 4, 2021, 9:03pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I know things are going well, but aren’t we allowed an opinion? That performance against a better team would cost us points.

I’ve just seen the goals again and I’m not sure he’s at fault for any of them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 97
September 4, 2021, 9:04pm
Guest User
I think he, and everyone else knows that commanding his area has never been good, and still isn't.  So, all these years he's had that problem, why haven't the coaches helped him to overcome it.  It IS something that can be coached, so why hasn't it been done.
Reply: 19 - 97
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Now the negative bit

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.