Hagrid
September 4, 2021, 5:20pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,517
Gold Stars: 544
Wow. That was flipping incredible

First half i thought first 30 we played well but went to sleep and were punished, started 2nd really well but rank bad defending made it 3-1. Then the gamechanger. I must admit i didnt see a hand, but great compusure by Mcatee who was absolutely
Brilliant all game, we attacked and attacked and a great ball from Sousa who never stopped all game, super diving header from Taylor. game almost fizzled out but then that free kick. Magical. Majestic. The roar from every stand. Ive not heard an atmosphere like it at BP for some time.
Kudos every player for not giving up, my MOM Waterfall who despite conceeding 3, i thought was excellent, mcatee a close 2nd
Logged Offline
Private Message
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
September 4, 2021, 5:22pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +878
Gold Stars: 123
Well! Well! Well!

3 points in the bag.

What an effort in the second half

5th in the league with a game in hand
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 86
hampshiremariner
September 4, 2021, 5:28pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,050
Gold Stars: 35
Brilliant fight back and what a winner. The results in the Nat League, however, are all over the place. Consistency is going to be the key. Good start by the Mariners.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 86
Pocklington Mariner
September 4, 2021, 5:32pm

Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +33
Great game great fight  back... does anyone know when and where the high lights are shown.. Hope we can show this much fighting spirit in the games to come
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 86
DB
September 4, 2021, 5:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.38
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,056
Gold Stars: 391
Played 3 and 7 points, no defeats & spent little. Wrexham and Stockport below us and spent millions between them. What they can't buy is 5,000 fans like Grimsby fantastic fans to cheer on a team.

The results show that this league is wide open and we can win it.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 86
DB
September 4, 2021, 5:36pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.38
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,056
Gold Stars: 391
Great game great fight  back... does anyone know when and where the high lights are shown.. Hope we can show this much fighting spirit in the games to come

Log onto Abdul, match thread, for the winning Gooaaal.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 86
jamesgtfc
September 4, 2021, 5:40pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Awful goals to concede. Would have taken a point at 3-3 given the fact we were 2 goals down.

On the balance of play though, we kept attacking them for 90 minutes and deserved to win. Great way to win it at the end against a very unsporting Barnet.

Sousa looked much better on the right wing and we did look to be trying too hard to score at times.

McAtee covers every single blade of grass.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 86
It Bites
September 4, 2021, 5:41pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,215
Gold Stars: 266
I've not seen a Town team attack like that for along time . Even at 1-3 down it still felt possible to get something . Superb spirit Hurst has installed already . Mcatee mom bit Sousa was superb today
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 86
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
September 4, 2021, 5:51pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.63
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,698
Gold Stars: 72
It sounds like the team is really coming together quite quickly, I feel like last time in none league we had a high turnover of players and it took a long time to figure the squad out but we seem to already have a foundation to build on this time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 86
LH
September 4, 2021, 5:53pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,601
Gold Stars: 177
Really good value day at BP. If you’ve not been back yet you simply must. The polar opposite of what you’d expect a Paul Hurst team to do and I think there’ll be a lot of work for the players this week at the ground. The goals against were poor but even at 3-1 I felt we had enough to get something from the game and for the second week running the crowd played it’s part in getting the win. I reckon if we can all stay on the same page as the team we could maybe surprise a few this season.
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 86
9 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.