Rodley Mariner
August 11, 2021, 6:40pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,258
Gold Stars: 180
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Match day experience starts and ends with results. That’s what sells tickets.

They bought a complete basket case 3 months ago amd we haven't played a competitive game yet. You sound like a spoilt child despite your name.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 93
MuddyWaters
August 11, 2021, 6:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

They bought a complete basket case 3 months ago amd we haven't played a competitive game yet. You sound like a spoilt child despite your name.

My comment doesn’t relate to the current owners or any particular club. But if chucking insults around is your thing then so be it!
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 93
KingstonMariner
August 11, 2021, 6:49pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Complete lack of understanding. What patronising crap is that?

Of course we understand the clubs ‘situation’. We’re a rundown football club in the middle of nowhere that has been badly run for a very long time. We have new owners who have got a massive job on their hands. That doesn’t mean we should accept mediocrity on the pitch, does it? After all, football clubs thrive when their team wins football matches not because they sell nice beer.

You’ve just shown that you can’t join the dots. No point in trying to explain to you if you can’t do that.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 93
Grantley
August 11, 2021, 6:52pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,504
Gold Stars: 9
Guys it’s obvious the solution is just to spend a lot of money that we don’t actually have and if that fails, just do it again next year. Come on Jason, you knew that as well as spending a couple hundred grand on strikers, you also needed to pay back Fenty a million pounds this season. And if we don’t win the league at the first time of asking, I won’t be attending, meaning you’ve to spend even more of your own money sorting out other people’s mess. Bloody selfish.

Jordan Magrew
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 93
MuddyWaters
August 11, 2021, 6:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from KingstonMariner

You’ve just shown that you can’t join the dots. No point in trying to explain to you if you can’t do that.

Ah, the ‘I’m cleverer than you’ riposte.
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 93
LondonMariner43
August 11, 2021, 6:55pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,979
Gold Stars: 64
Think I’ll be staying well away from The Fishy this season.

If we make the play offs I will consider that to be a successful season.

If wealthy owners splash the cash for a season or two, get bored and leave, then a club is massively vulnerable to bankruptcy because it’s built up debts and losses beyond its means.  

The new owners have said they plan for losses for a few years but want to build a club that is sustainable for the long term.  As fans I’m sure they will want to get the club back up the leagues but want they want most is for the club to still exist when they no longer want to be owners.

So far Hurst has made some good signings and he has said that he wants to strengthen further.  No doubt he is working had on that and the owners have said they will support him, so why the panic?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 93
headingly_mariner
August 11, 2021, 6:59pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Of course we understand the clubs ‘situation’. We’re a rundown football club in the middle of nowhere that has been badly run for a very long time. We have new owners who have got a massive job on their hands. That doesn’t mean we should accept mediocrity on the pitch, does it? After all, football clubs thrive when their team wins football matches not because they sell nice beer.

We haven’t played a game yet!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 93
LondonMariner43
August 11, 2021, 7:10pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,979
Gold Stars: 64
Selling nice food and beer means more money for the club to invest in players.

Better training facilities means better quality training sessions and a better chance of players wanting to be part of the club.

Etc...

Anyone would think the new owners are making changes that have zero value...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 93
Bristol Mariner
August 11, 2021, 7:14pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +2,877
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from marinerjase
Jesus wept…

Some people..

Correct me if I’m wrong but the new owners have never once said they’d have the best budget, or be prepared to splash out over the odds.

There’s no quick fix. As someone said the other day the clubs reputation was in the gutter from previous relationships with other clubs, players and media. The working conditions awful, ground in ruins..list is endless..

It will take time..but improvement , gradual..along the way and signs of progress, on and off pitch are sufficient enough for those level headed supporters.

There’s no need to panic before a ball has been kicked..or fret because we haven’t signed a striker..there’s time..more than most realise obviously.

We’ll be ok.. if people allow them the chance to be.

Sensible post. Red flags no idea why, taking a break from this miserable angst driven forum. Ffs Fenty copulated us it will take some time to sort, we were on our knees last season.

See you on the terrace, to those winging illegitimates intercourse off

GTFC Exile, Bristol Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 93
HertsGTFC
August 11, 2021, 7:14pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,005
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Can you just not wait to we actually play a competitive game “on the pitch” before you pass judgment?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 93
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › In today’s Grimsby Telegraph

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.