Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › POLICE NOT AT FAULT!!!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 252 Guests

POLICE NOT AT FAULT!!!

This thread currently has 5,466 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
KingstonMariner
July 15, 2021, 1:21pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Probably because this final attracted more than the usual fair share of knobheads.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 52
dapperz fun pub
July 15, 2021, 1:28pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,049
Gold Stars: 84
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

So South Yorkshire police were not to blame then regarding Hillsboro ?

I’d like the who ever red crossed this to explain their thoughts then , cmon show some balls and back it up because South Yorkshire police were fully to blame for the loss of 96 pour souls in my eyes
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 52
VinnyGTFC
July 15, 2021, 1:36pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -5
Approval: +142
Gold Stars: 21

I’d like the who ever red crossed this to explain their thoughts then , cmon show some balls and back it up because South Yorkshire police were fully to blame for the loss of 96 pour souls in my eyes

I'll tell you who were to blame, all those foul football fans of the era who meant as a child I was caged in at football matches. The fences caused the problem. The fences were only there due to idiots. The blame lays with them.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 52
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
July 15, 2021, 1:45pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.84
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,832
Gold Stars: 556

I didn’t red cross this or your previous post but there is no way SY Police were ‘fully to blame’ for the tragedy.

There were many contributing factors (discussed several times on this forum) and the police were certainly partially to blame.

However, if the British public weren’t such morons and a significant element of British ‘football fans’ caused so much trouble in the 70s and 80s, there would have been no need for small pens and the fencing. It is highly unlikely that anyone would have died without this.

Likewise, I realise that Liverpool fans weren’t solely to blame for Heysel but the behaviour of a minority of their ‘fans’ contributed to the deaths of 39 people.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 52
supertown
July 15, 2021, 3:42pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,471
Gold Stars: 53
Quoted from DB

I received a few X for this post and wondered why?. Outside Wembley the police are responsible for law and order and when they have information that acts of vandalism etc. are to take place they should act. The so-called fans who broke into the ground to see the match are not real fans, otherwise, they could have watched the match on the telly like the rest of the 30+ million.

In general, I am a supporter of the police but I do continue to read of many issues with the police and football games. After Hillsborough and the various subsequent investigations, you would think that the police would have got their act together.

It has already been suggested on another thread that our Stockport away game has been changed to an evening fixture on police advice. What is the police advice based on? We haven't played away at Stockport for years!. In fact, there hasn't been spectators at games for over 12 months!

The whole issue does not bode well for the integrity of the Police.

This happened within the grounds of Wembley , which is controlled by civilian staff and backed up by Police when needed
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 52
KingstonMariner
July 15, 2021, 3:47pm
Meths Drinker

I didn’t red cross this or your previous post but there is no way SY Police were ‘fully to blame’ for the tragedy.

There were many contributing factors (discussed several times on this forum) and the police were certainly partially to blame.

However, if the British public weren’t such morons and a significant element of British ‘football fans’ caused so much trouble in the 70s and 80s, there would have been no need for small pens and the fencing. It is highly unlikely that anyone would have died without this.

Likewise, I realise that Liverpool fans weren’t solely to blame for Heysel but the behaviour of a minority of their ‘fans’ contributed to the deaths of 39 people.

You’re right that there were many factors, but significant numbers of people would have still died without the fencing. I don’t think everyone who died was at the front.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 52
KingstonMariner
July 15, 2021, 3:49pm
Meths Drinker
PS Not excusing the Liverpool hooligans at Heysel, but didn’t that wall collapse because it was poorly maintained?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 52
July 15, 2021, 4:14pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from KingstonMariner
PS Not excusing the Liverpool hooligans at Heysel, but didn’t that wall collapse because it was poorly maintained?

Yes, similarly to Hillsborough, the stadium was not fit for purchase and the ticketing situation and segregation was a mess.

However, if the hooligan element had behaved, it’s unlikely events would have unfolded as they did.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 52
July 15, 2021, 4:16pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from KingstonMariner

You’re right that there were many factors, but significant numbers of people would have still died without the fencing. I don’t think everyone who died was at the front.

You’re correct as far as I know. Although without the fence, fans would have been able to spill out on to the pitch more easily and quickly.

That’s assuming the police wouldn’t have drawn their batons and stopped the fans from getting on to the pitch, without realising the reasons for it!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 52
DB
July 15, 2021, 4:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.38
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,056
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from supertown

This happened within the grounds of Wembley , which is controlled by civilian staff and backed up by Police when needed

The troublemakers had to travel to get to Wembley and could have been stopped earlier.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 52
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › POLICE NOT AT FAULT!!!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.