aldi_01
May 27, 2021, 6:00am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from forza ivano

Surely another lie for you to comment on pen penfras??

Ironic I guess...those of us who have only ever actually stated fact and then offered nothing more than an opinion followed by a question asking for some corroborated evidence perhaps have been talked down yet few facts are offered in support of (dis) honest John...

Nobody ever answers the questions either...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 65
BobbyCummingsTackle
May 27, 2021, 8:13am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,319
Gold Stars: 309
Quoted from aldi_01

Ironic I guess...those of us who have only ever actually stated fact and then offered nothing more than an opinion followed by a question asking for some corroborated evidence perhaps have been talked down yet few facts are offered in support of (dis) honest John...

Nobody ever answers the questions either...

The support for Fenty always follows 3 themes: 1. Saved the club financially 2. He's a supporter 3. Put money in that we (the supporters) didn't know about.

There is never a defence for poor decisions, mistreatment of staff (John Macca etc), the abject failure of the club on the pitch, the way the infrastructure has been left to rot or the amount of money wasted on the stadium pipedream.

I suspect that they are indefensible.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 65
aldi_01
May 27, 2021, 10:03am

Barley Wine Drinker

The support for Fenty always follows 3 themes: 1. Saved the club financially 2. He's a supporter 3. Put money in that we (the supporters) didn't know about.

There is never a defence for poor decisions, mistreatment of staff (John Macca etc), the abject failure of the club on the pitch, the way the infrastructure has been left to rot or the amount of money wasted on the stadium pipedream.

I suspect that they are indefensible.

The more we find out though the more those points are refuted...you could argue he’s a supporter but a supporter that never made a decision for the good of the club...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 65
MarinerMal
May 27, 2021, 2:39pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +7 / -5
Approval: +783
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from nightrider
I honestly thought John was a fan, at the very least

He is.... of himself!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 65
FishOutOfWater
May 27, 2021, 7:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,578
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from nightrider
I honestly thought John was a fan, at the very least

I’ve said many times that I don’t believe any fan of the club would have led us to relegation out of the league, twice

He maybe redeemed himself slightly in that we got back up the first time we ended up down there, but he didn’t learn from his errors.

He could have been a saviour but he chose self promotion ahead of taking the club up the divisions.

I’m pleased to see the back of him and his cheap skate handling of affairs that more often than not were conducted to spite the fans and didn’t help the situation we found ourselves in because of his vainglorious projects on the one hand and penny pinching on the other hand

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 64 - 65
aldi_01
May 27, 2021, 7:44pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

I’ve said many times that I don’t believe any fan of the club would have led us to relegation out of the league, twice

He maybe redeemed himself slightly in that we got back up the first time we ended up down there, but he didn’t learn from his errors.

He could have been a saviour but he chose self promotion ahead of taking the club up the divisions.

I’m pleased to see the back of him and his cheap skate handling of affairs that more often than not were conducted to spite the fans and the situation we found ourselves in

UTM

This has always been my argument, any fan would’ve learned from mistakes, not used the clubs website as a platform to release irrelevant and nonsensical statements and waste club money chasing a dream that ever found it’s way off the back of a homosexual packet.

I’m sure one of his chums/supporters will argue he is a fan and he simply made mistakes but the evidence is there to prove otherwise...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 65
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The Fenty Years: Part Two

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.