DB
May 26, 2021, 5:57am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.39
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,055
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
Why were none of the other board members/trust/staff saying anything about the (quite obvious) capitulation that club was going through and the
Quite obvious fact that the club was in total free fall

Other board members, excluding the trust, were his men.
Trust board members were tied up with company law about what they could say.
Staff had mortgages and bills to pay or face unemployment.

A bully knows how to manipulate to maintain his position.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 65
aldi_01
May 26, 2021, 6:09am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from DB

That’s how I see it...

I’ve said before, I work with a woman who’s dad worked close with Fenty in the early years of Fivestar, not long until he sold it to be fair...he used the word bully...despises the man and isn’t even a town fan...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 65
jamesgtfc
May 26, 2021, 9:28am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,044
Gold Stars: 190
I admit that I sat on the fence regarding Fenty until the day he invited a convicted criminal to Blundell Park last December.

I always knew that he was power hungry and a penny pincher but I told myself "at least we still have a club and he won't demand it all back at once."

Reading these articles makes me feel sick that we allowed this circus to go on for so long.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 65
friskneymariner
May 26, 2021, 10:29am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from aldi_01
I’m still awaiting a response from Fenty apologists or those that didn’t think he was that bad...I really am curious as to why they wouldn’t speak out etc. even though the facts clearly pointed to a deluded narcissistic sharp object killing our club...

I’m sure they’ll trot out the usual flimsy defence of ‘we could be like Bury’...funny really, had the May secret gone through we probably would’ve ended up like Bury...

Been trying to get a responses out of them for ages.Maybe they do not provide any justification for him,because there is none.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 65
friskneymariner
May 26, 2021, 10:33am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from heppy88
Another great piece by CA. Makes for great reading, but also disheartening how he was effectively able to continue unchallenged for so long. He may have been a complete disaster for the club, but he had an uncanny ability to get control and convince people he was always acting for the best interests of the club and Town.

Every paragraph points to a man with a Narcissistic personality disorder, a pattern of self-centred, arrogant thinking and behavior, a lack of empathy and consideration for other people, and an excessive need for admiration. Others often describe people with NPD as cocky, manipulative, selfish, patronizing, and demanding. Fenty demonstrated all these hallmarks throughout his tenure and the cost of allowing such an individual to run our club has been plain to see.

Said this years ago and got shot down in flames,additionally to having a N.P.D. I also think he had a saviour complex,which led him to get very frustrated when he was not seen as such.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 65
Kris2
May 26, 2021, 10:52am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from DB

He managed to oust all of his opponents from the board so there was nobody left to question him as they were replaced by cronies. Quite scary when you read all at once how ruthless he was at getting rid of anyone who could challenge his ownership of the club or his stadium plans. We didn't even get to the manipulation of the trust and effectively forcing a vote in his favour to get shares and any power the trust had to oppose his decisions removed.

When they mentioned the tour video Fenty did with how the staff react to him it says it all. The whole video is absolute cringe and nobody in the office looks like they want him near them.
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 65
crusty ole pie
May 26, 2021, 12:21pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,382
Gold Stars: 66
Pretty clear why the club as been staved of investment nobody would trust him and be able to work with the man. Over the years I forgot all these little issues which resulted in our great club being the laughing stock of football. Looking forward to episode 3 even though it’s hard to read and brings a tear to my eye when I remember the great years before fenty
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 65
KingstonMariner
May 26, 2021, 1:31pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Just rewatched that cringefest of a video. The man doesn’t even know when the Findus was built.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 65
diehardmariner
May 26, 2021, 2:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,717
Gold Stars: 543
I dread to think how long it took to research each of these pieces.  Again, superbly written and so important that these things are documented.

Like others, I'd forgotten so many of the things that are mentioned.  
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 65
nightrider
May 26, 2021, 5:56pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
I honestly thought John was a fan, at the very least

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 65
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The Fenty Years: Part Two

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.