This thread currently has 11,014 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
May 3, 2021, 3:17pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,082
Gold Stars: 201

I hope they get the idiot that caused the facial injury to this policeman, he could have lost an eye.

[img]https://i2-prod.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article24025892.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/0_SDC_MDG_-Police-face-slashed_20802JPG.jpg[/img]

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 100
rancido
May 3, 2021, 3:20pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,658
Gold Stars: 101
Quoted from promotion plaice

I hope they get the idiot that caused the facial injury to this policeman, he could have lost an eye.

[img]https://i2-prod.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article24025892.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/0_SDC_MDG_-Police-face-slashed_20802JPG.jpg[/img]

A bit worse than lobbing the occasional chair but correct, the guy is an idiot and should be locked up even if he is is a "true fan". Amazingly this was recorded by The Daily Mirror and not the Right Wing press.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 100
DB
May 3, 2021, 3:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.38
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,056
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from Abdul19
I always wonder why fans who cause a bit of trouble are unfailingly referred to as 'so called fans'. That police fella above isn't a 'so called policeman'.

If I go to 46 games a season and lob a plastic chair every now and again, I'm still a fan.

Disclaimer: I've never actually lobbed a plastic chair.

If you could have gone to our last 46 games and lobbed a plastic chair at Fenty you'd be called FANtastic!

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 100
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
May 3, 2021, 3:30pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.84
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,832
Gold Stars: 556
Quoted from DB

If you could have gone to our last 46 games and lobbed a plastic chair at Fenty you'd be called FANtastic!

Day’s the chair man

Fenty’s the barstool
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 100
ska face
May 3, 2021, 3:46pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,811
Gold Stars: 852
Quoted from rancido

So what's are you objecting to? The police per se, the police as they are structured, the people who the police recruit or the whole concept of a police force?

Well on this specific occasion it’s the officers dragging a member of public out of view so their colleague could punch him 7 or 8 times while he was held down. In general it’s the fact that they uphold, by force, an abstract social order predicated on wage labour and private property. Is that ok with you?
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 100
KingstonMariner
May 3, 2021, 3:59pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Rick12
Yes that policeman was a bit overzealous but you cant generalize. Not all of them act like that.

‘Overzealous’ is a euphemism in this case for ‘violent, cowardly thuggery’. Repeatedly punching someone while he is held in the ground? Hardly self-defence or the use of necessary force is it?

Then they chase the cameraman away because they are trying to hide their crime. Disgusting behaviour.

I bet he doesn’t get disciplined. There’ll be some sort of lie put out as an excuse.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 100
rancido
May 3, 2021, 4:04pm

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from ska face

Well on this specific occasion it’s the officers dragging a member of public out of view so their colleague could punch him 7 or 8 times while he was held down. In general it’s the fact that they uphold, by force, an abstract social order predicated on wage labour and private property. Is that ok with you?

Of course members of the public never attack solitary policemen without provocation or gang up on the police when they are trying to control violence? It's an answer which leads to another question. What kind of structure would you propose to keep order in a modern society? Would you protect yourself or your property as an individual without including some kind of police structure? If a member of your family was assaulted, robbed or raped would you sort it out yourself or use an "abstract" social order. Maybe vigilantes are your solution or kangaroo courts to mete out punishment/justice.

"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 100
rancido
May 3, 2021, 4:29pm

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from KingstonMariner

‘Overzealous’ is a euphemism in this case for ‘violent, cowardly thuggery’. Repeatedly punching someone while he is held in the ground? Hardly self-defence or the use of necessary force is it?

Then they chase the cameraman away because they are trying to hide their crime. Disgusting behaviour.

I bet he doesn’t get disciplined. There’ll be some sort of lie put out as an excuse.

So what justification is there for somebody attacking a policeman with a bottle or was he defending himself against a horde of police officers just out to cause trouble.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 100
ska face
May 3, 2021, 4:48pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,811
Gold Stars: 852
Quoted from rancido

Of course members of the public never attack solitary policemen without provocation or gang up on the police when they are trying to control violence? It's an answer which leads to another question. What kind of structure would you propose to keep order in a modern society? Would you protect yourself or your property as an individual without including some kind of police structure? If a member of your family was assaulted, robbed or raped would you sort it out yourself or use an "abstract" social order. Maybe vigilantes are your solution or kangaroo courts to mete out punishment/justice.

You’ve just watched a video of a person being dragged off the street, held down and punches repeatedly, and you’re insinuating that it’s OTHER PEOPLE who may be the vigilantes meting out punishment? Incredible.
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 100
Rick12
May 3, 2021, 4:59pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Police are lot more accountable than they once were which is right .In this case that policeman went over the top and hope he gets reprimanded to some degree and can change his ways .

You need to realize the pressures of the job though.Some police will slip by the wayside in terms of standards. Put yourself in the polices shoes for a year and you may have a better understanding of what they face. In the main dealing with lawbreakers and a lot of stress and confrontation not to mention the shift work. I always remember someone who I use to work with had a sister who said was a lovely person before joining the police. Once in the uniform the constant in his words "fighting " a majority of the time with lawbreakers changed her to a differing persona. She lost a lot of the niceness she once had.The job wore her down.

Quoted from ska face

Law and order has mostly always existed  though . Without it you need to realize what happens. Just to recap police went on strike in Canada in the late 1960s:

"As a young teenager in proudly peaceable Canada during the romantic 1960s, I was a true believer in Bakunin’s anarchism. I laughed off my parents’ argument that if the government ever laid down its arms all hell would break loose. Our competing predictions were put to the test at 8:00 a.m. on October 7, 1969, when the Montreal police went on strike. By 11:20 am, the first bank was robbed. By noon, most of the downtown stores were closed because of looting. Within a few more hours, taxi drivers burned down the garage of a limousine service that competed with them for airport customers, a rooftop sniper killed a provincial police officer, rioters broke into several hotels and restaurants, and a doctor slew a burglar in his suburban home. By the end of the day, six banks had been robbed, a hundred shops had been looted, twelve fires had been set, forty carloads of storefront glass had been broken, and three million dollars in property damage had been inflicted, before city authorities had to call in the army and, of course, the police to restore order. This decisive empirical test left my politics in tatters (and offered a foretaste of life as a scientist).”

Pinker, Steven (2003). The Blank Slate. Penguin Books. p. 285.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 100
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Man Utd v Liverpool

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.