Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New Start.
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 245 Guests

New Start.

This thread currently has 4,434 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Heswall Mariner
April 28, 2021, 7:03pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +594
Gold Stars: 30
Actually it has just occurred to me that I have had those recurring thoughts for 60+ years.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 27
chipsandgravy
April 28, 2021, 7:09pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,631
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from friskneymariner
[quote=83]

Spot on.

'' If we want the new owners to engage with fans, then we have to stop critisizing them every minute of every day.''

Perhaps if  they didn't provide us with a reason not criticise them would be a start,suppose you would like us to follow like sheep.

I think that its aimed at a small minority who visit here and like to criticise for criticism sake! They are often outside the boundary of normal debate.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 27
forza ivano
April 28, 2021, 7:18pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,285
Gold Stars: 266
Radio humberside reported that there will be a press conference after the egm. That is something to look forward to
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 27
Heswall Mariner
April 28, 2021, 9:20pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Approval: +594
Gold Stars: 30
Rock on forza -you always speak informed sense.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 27
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
April 28, 2021, 10:18pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +877
Gold Stars: 123
To be honest I have never wanted to be an "integral" part of the club - I just want to be a normal fan who is proud of the club and have competent people to run it. And be successful on the pitch.

I hope far more attention is paid to getting the right backroom set up, better facilities for both players and supporters, and most of all better footballers on the pitch.

The question is how much are the new bosses prepared to spend, note spend not invest, on BP to make the place better for fans in the 'short term', depending on if and when a new Stadium is constructed.

Our 2 new men are potentially a force to be reckoned with. Stockwood is one of the best bosses in the country with many fingers in many pies including technology, and Pettit is a renowned seeker of investors, so may use his persuasive skills to get investment for a new ground, or sponsorship etc etc.

How about the club running their own PPV matches along the lines of iFollow. Does non-league have anything like that?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 27
goldenfish
April 29, 2021, 12:07pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +212
Gold Stars: 16
Once the dust settles , Fenty goes ... new owners , all the usual pre season optimism and excitement comes back ... before you know it , you’ve renewed your season ticket , bought all the new kits and 2020/21 is forgotten ! we go again .. ATAW
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 27
louth_in_the_south
April 29, 2021, 12:12pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,712
Gold Stars: 96
If you abandon GTFC now just because we’ve been relegated you need your head examined. Why stick through 16 years of utter cr.ap served up by JSF when there’s the very real possibility of a bright new dawn ?!!!!!
I can’t wait for next season and am planning an expensive battering of my credit card in the club shop once the new stuffs in 👍👍

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 27
April 29, 2021, 12:27pm
Guest User
Quoted from Heswall Mariner
I am now  at peace.
The inevitable has now happened & I am now oddly stress free.
I look forward to the close season developments.
I foresee a bright future - really!

Absolutely with out doubt concur with this sentiment.
Reply: 27 - 27
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New Start.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.