5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
April 27, 2021, 10:03pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
What a shame that it ended the way it did for him. Probably won't see him in a Town shirt again (fingers crossed that we do) but he has been brilliant the last few games. Had he stayed on the pitch tonight as he should have, you never know, he could have done for us what Rose did when we escaped under Jolley, but the ref had other ideas, the w@nker.

Anyway, thanks for your efforts Jay and good luck with your career.
Logged Offline
Private Message
April 27, 2021, 10:16pm
Guest User
Matiti, please from now on.
But yes such a shame seen worse for no yellow.
Reply: 1 - 43
DB
April 27, 2021, 10:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.39
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,055
Gold Stars: 391
A beacon of light in a town shirt. Thank you for all your efforts.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 43
carrot top
April 27, 2021, 10:20pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +22 / -1
Approval: +817
Gold Stars: 2
It was a yellow at worst

[color=black]The Ecky 1977
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 43
Abdul19
April 27, 2021, 10:21pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,616
Gold Stars: 220
I'd give a bollock to have him back at the club next season. Not a chance though, far too good for non league. Really hope he has a good career.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 43
moosey_club
April 27, 2021, 10:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,325
Gold Stars: 229
Would echo the above.

In his short time he single handedly improved our midfield , for a young lad , with little previous League experience he has looked more interested, more capable and more motivated than most. Never been bullied and showed great promise.
Love the way he uses his body and positioning , seems to play with alot older head on his shoulders.

Given that he dropped the level to play games and boosted our performances as a result then a perfect example of a loan player.

Would love to see him stay and play for us but destined for bigger and better things i would think.  If you do read this then thank you for your efforts in this little corner of the world. A bright spot in an otherwise cr@ppy season.

All the best.

P.S ...just watch the late challenges  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 43
ginnywings
April 27, 2021, 10:33pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from moosey_club
Would echo the above.

In his short time he single handedly improved our midfield , for a young lad , with little previous League experience he has looked more interested, more capable and more motivated than most. Never been bullied and showed great promise.
Love the way he uses his body and positioning , seems to play with alot older head on his shoulders.

Given that he dropped the level to play games and boosted our performances as a result then a perfect example of a loan player.

Would love to see him stay and play for us but destined for bigger and better things i would think.  If you do read this then thank you for your efforts in this little corner of the world. A bright spot in an otherwise cr@ppy season.

All the best.

P.S ...just watch the late challenges  

Didn't do Paul Scholes any harm.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 43
Mariner93er
April 27, 2021, 10:38pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,736
Gold Stars: 28
Great player but I think having Coke in there really helped him too - what a midfield combo that would be going into the conference.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 43
Teestogreen
April 27, 2021, 10:39pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -163
Gold Stars: 23
Mr Matete nearly did it for us.
Great effort by him.
Hope Town can sign him for next season - if Stockport can get Paddy Madden ?!!

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 43
Withnail
April 27, 2021, 10:55pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,453
Gold Stars: 36
Matete has been superb, as others have mentioned, from day one.

A real warrior in the middle of the park, which we'd been missing for a long time.

Love the fact he gets stuck in, can play a bit, rarely loses possession, and isn't frightened of having a crack.

When I saw he'd put us 1-2 up I really thought we might win tonight and maybe...just maybe...pull off the greatest of great escapes at Scunthorpe's expense.

He grabs the game by the scruff of the neck so no complaints from me about his blood and thunder style.  It sounds like his early bath was harsh by all accounts.

I would like to see Hewitt, Menayese, Clifton, Coke, John Lewis, Macca and Matete all here next season but as others have mentioned I think likelihood is we won't see Matete in a Mariners shirt again.

If that's the case, thanks a million Jay for helping us to believe, despite the odds being stacked heavily against us and best of luck with your new adventure.

PS if you're reading this and you're willing to help us win promotion at the first attempt, name your price and we'll start another Operation Promotion...  You'll go down in Grimsby folklore if you do 😎 UTM!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 43
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Matete

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.