KingstonMariner
April 28, 2021, 7:01pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Kris2

Shouldn't, but it happens all the time. Manager's get in a ref's ear at half time and make him feel bad or question a decision made and it can have an affect on what he does later. Probably got complaints he was being too lenient with Matete and they'd probably have a point, he probably should have been booked much earlier in the game for a bad tackle and wasn't. Doesn't mean what he was sent off for was worthy of an instant red, probably combination of tunnel talks and being sick of him carrying on with bad tackles and dangerous play after being spoken to 4 times.

I agree that could be what happens, but it’s not really fair as if he got booked earlier he might have been more careful in the rest of the match. The second yellow offence might nit have occurred:

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 43
Caveman
April 28, 2021, 9:55pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +767
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from Rick12
Agree with the sentiments .No way was that a red card last night. Likewise for me the best player I saw in a Grimsby shirt in the recent Bradford game. Technically looked good. I dont think like others have said will want to play conference. I feel could be a league 1 player at least if he continues to improve and maintains consistency.

If an opponent had made that tackle on a Town player at BP
every fan in the ground would have been off their seat screaming
for a straight red.

At least I hope they would !

Would love to see him back.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 43
Oly1987
April 29, 2021, 1:22am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,228
Gold Stars: 22
Quoted from 140067

Are you saying the ref gave him a red for a yellow offence because he should have booked him earlier. After thought shouldn't come into it. Its either yellow, or not. Not a red.

Yeah pretty much, shouldn't happen but its the only reason I can see for giving him a straight red.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 43
toontown
April 29, 2021, 12:33pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,273
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from Oly1987

Yeah pretty much, shouldn't happen but its the only reason I can see for giving him a straight red.

Yeah I think that's why he got a straight red too, shouldn't work like that but it seems like it. Matete was very lucky not to have been booked up to that point.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 43
Rick12
April 30, 2021, 7:09am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Caveman

If an opponent had made that tackle on a Town player at BP
every fan in the ground would have been off their seat screaming
for a straight red.

At least I hope they would !

Would love to see him back.
I think some would but not all  .  Looking at it again I dont think it was a dirty challenge at all. Foot a bit high but that was it. Just the referees interpretation. Some refs would not  have given that as a red. Possibly appeal ?.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 43
golfer
April 30, 2021, 7:36am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
If you appeal can you still play until your appeal is heard. If that is the case then we should appeal at 2-30 on Saturday  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 43
Rick12
April 30, 2021, 7:45am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from golfer
If you appeal can you still play until your appeal is heard. If that is the case then we should appeal at 2-30 on Saturday  
Good to know. Thanks for the information 👍.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 43
Son of Cod
April 30, 2021, 10:28am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,331
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from grimsby pete
We can appeal for a straight red .

So hopefully we have not seen the last of him in a town shirt.

Last I've seen of him in a Town shirt, sod paying another £20 to watch our last two matches of the season.

Quality player though, he brought a bit of enjoyment into a relentlessly tough to watch season. Really hope he kicks on and has a great season in 2021/22 wherever he is. I think he'll probably be in that Fleetwood starting lineup before long.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 43
Nelly GTFC
April 30, 2021, 12:32pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,761
Gold Stars: 31
[tweet]1386042024139296768[/tweet]

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 43
Madeleymariner
April 30, 2021, 12:37pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,063
Gold Stars: 51
The amazing thing is the difference in quality of the midfielder Hurst brought in and the 2 that Holloway signed up
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 43
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Matete

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.