Fillipe Noche
April 2, 2021, 7:15pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Asking for a friend? Not sure he counts.

It’s a fair question though hey. I’d imagine though, a question that too many on here will be too embarrassed to give an honest answer to. Especially those that have cited managerial appointments on their list of Fenty dislikes
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 58
Mariner Ronnie
April 2, 2021, 7:17pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Fillipe Noche
Jason Stockwood likes Hursty and he will be here next season under Stockwood and Petit

So tell me guys, given that managerial appointments had always been high up on the criticism charts for John Fenty. Does this make Stockwood and Petit bad custodians straight away, if they don’t bring in a new manager and get rid of Hurst?

You can’t have it both ways. You cannot pick and choose how you pillory John but judge the newcomers differently for the same decisions. Not to mention the fact that the consortium were instrumental in Paul Hursts appointment

Asking for a friend

Sacking a manager suddenly after only 4 months in charge with not a bad track record and bringing in a manager without a single winners medal to his name would be more of a questionable managerial decision.

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 58
Yoda
April 2, 2021, 7:20pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,189
Gold Stars: 72
20 years of bad manager choices you think he might of flukes one good one.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 58
Fillipe Noche
April 2, 2021, 7:30pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
Quoted from Mariner Ronnie

Sacking a manager suddenly after only 4 months in charge with not a bad track record and bringing in a manager without a single winners medal to his name would be more of a questionable managerial decision.

I agree

But there’s plenty in here that won’t agree, but probably won’t say so, because it highlights how ridiculous they are in judging owners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 58
Humbercod
April 2, 2021, 7:33pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,503
Gold Stars: 82
Agree with Northbank, I really didn’t want him here but I have to give him some credit. In a relatively short space of time he’s turned a useless team into one that now looks organised hard to beat and confident......something which was severely lacking.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 58
lukeo
April 2, 2021, 7:37pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,405
Gold Stars: 149
Without sounding rude I don't come on enough to know everyone's names and poster usernames etc.. But there's one or two that I'm starting to notice come up more often than not when I'm reading their rubbish.... Fans forum and we all have our opinions etc but seriously either get out of a certain person's back side or if you are that certain person just stop posting and logout.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 58
Vance Warner
April 2, 2021, 7:40pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,832
Gold Stars: 106
Quoted from Yoda
I think if when we go down he should go.

Bringing in LJL has proven a poor choice i like him but he cannot score and misses sitters his other players have been poor.

Struggles to close out a game nearly every time and cannot score more than 1 goal.

So for me a fresh start and a new board.

Didn’t you watch any games before Christmas or do you just have a complete lack of understanding of the fundamentals? There were games under Holloway were we had not outlet whatsoever and ended up playing the majority of games in our own half. LJL’s hold up play is crucial for us being able to get up the pitch. If he was a prolific goal scorer he wouldn’t be with us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 58
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
April 2, 2021, 7:42pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.84
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,832
Gold Stars: 556
I thought the general consensus on here was that Fenty’s management appointments have not been that bad.

Newell was a complete lack of due diligence, Holloway wasn’t here for the football and I love Neil Woods to bits but he was the wrong choice.

Most of the rest of the managers have been reasonable. It was mainly the Board that caused their downfall due to a complete lack of support, rather than the recruitment being wrong.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 58
psgmariner
April 2, 2021, 7:46pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
All that mattered when he arrived was our league position and that’s got much, much worse despite signing a brand new team. After his pathetic start, I kept being told to wait for him to sign new players, then wait for them all to gel etc. I’m sick of waiting.

If we finish bottom he simply cannot be allowed to continue.

Yes he’s working under the constraints that managing GTFC come with, but nobody mentions it being an impossible job when they look back at Holloway, slade, bignot etc. I’ve no idea why everyone cuts him so much slack. If it’s to do with getting us promoted all those years ago then that just sums up our backward looking fanbase!

It’s a result business and since he left Shrewsbury in 2018 his have been shocking!

Private Message
Reply: 28 - 58
arryarryarry
April 2, 2021, 7:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,050
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from MuddyWaters
We could and probably should have had 8-10 points more out of the last seven games even with a catalogue of injuries. Anyone suggesting PH doesn’t deserve the job needs their bumps felt. We’re harder to beat and starting to score in most games. Maybe it’s too late, hopefully not.

The point is we didn't.

Come the end of the season Paul Hurst will have been in charge for 23 games, 50%, if we continue in the same form we are in  now and draw our last 8 games he will have a worst points per game total than Ian Holloway. Now I was never a fan of Holloway but let's not forget we had no real pre-season plus players having to isolate as well as having loads of new players so if the excuse for Paul Hurst that he didn't have time to get the squad going then the same could be said for Holloway.
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 58
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Paul Hurst

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.