Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › would you accept JSF staying on in a paid role?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 281 Guests

see the title thread
no, i'd boycott or protest
yes, if it meant the sale went through
no, but i'd accept a compromise of Day staying on as Fenty's representative
  View Results 167 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll

would you accept JSF staying on in a paid role?

This thread currently has 7,391 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
DB
April 2, 2021, 11:10am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.38
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,056
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from ginnywings
The sad thing is that the football has become secondary and seems to have been that way all season.

It's all been talk of budgets and covid clauses and furloughs and financial survival, followed by chaos on and off the pitch, with a crazy manager and his pathetically amateur squad. He then leaves the "best run club in the country", with "the best fans in the country". We move onto manager number fook knows in the last 5 years.

Then there is the whole Alex May fiasco and smiling Phil looking and sounding as gormless as Worzel Gummidge, while the principal funder (TM) is conspicuous by his absence, apart from his regular and expected cockeyed statements. Takeover talks then ensue and drag on far longer than any of us can bear, only to hit a snag as all things seem to do involving this club
This club is a sh1t show, season after season and it's no wonder we are about to fall out of the EFL once again. The actual football team, the reason for everything, is almost a secondary issue, when it should be front and centre. I'm sick of it all. It should be fun and exciting following your local team, with the odd times when it's sad and depressing, losing vital games, getting relegated. All we ever get is the latter and none of the former fun and excitement. It's been this way for far too long and it needs to change.

Fenty is not change, Fenty is more of the same.

I think you have summed up everything perfectly. Ownership should be a side issue to pitch performance first. Man U and the Glaziers come to mind.

For honest appraisal, a gold star is on its way.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 59
KingstonMariner
April 2, 2021, 11:41am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Zmariner

I would not put my kids lives on the line for such drivel.
This has to work both ways though clearly none of us know that it was 100% Shutes fault (Although what appears to be his reason is not bothering the others) and many are presuming this is all Fenty’s fault. It is a highly public fact that Fenty wants out And so not a lot of incentives for him to crash the deal really

It’s not obvious from Fenty’s behaviour that he wants out. He might have said he does but I don’t trust him. That’s just my opinion based on his actions.

All we do know is the official statement says Shutes pulled out for personal reasons. You know, like anyone would pull out of a business venture for personal reasons. What makes you say it’s Shutes’ fault? There could be something serious going on his life that comes before a basket case of a football club.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 59
Zmariner
April 2, 2021, 12:29pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,131
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from KingstonMariner

It’s not obvious from Fenty’s behaviour that he wants out. He might have said he does but I don’t trust him. That’s just my opinion based on his actions.

All we do know is the official statement says Shutes pulled out for personal reasons. You know, like anyone would pull out of a business venture for personal reasons. What makes you say it’s Shutes’ fault? There could be something serious going on his life that comes before a basket case of a football club.

I did not say that it was Shutes fault........ and so I have no idea what you are on about

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 59
FishOutOfWater
April 2, 2021, 12:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,578
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from ginnywings

Why is he? We don't know the reasons for his backing out. Perhaps he backed out because someone else ruined it. We have no idea at this stage.

We don't even know it is ruined. Talks are ongoing.

As for the poll; it's time for a change and we need new blood at the helm. I've already left in my head and whether I return is down to what happens next.

Ginny...is that the same kind of thing Fenty had going on in his head  when he said the loans had been written off so wouldn't be looking for repayment?

Though I take it you are more a man of your word.....
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 43 - 59
lukeo
April 2, 2021, 12:45pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,405
Gold Stars: 149
Quoted from forza ivano
thanks to Golly and Davs for the info they've been providing.
you can take from this what you will......

I don't login for 2 days and alll hells broken loose... What have i missed?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 59
Bristol Mariner
April 2, 2021, 12:51pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +2,877
Gold Stars: 79
He could wash up at his favourite sink

GTFC Exile, Bristol Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 59
toontown
April 2, 2021, 1:17pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,273
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from Zmariner

I would not put my kids lives on the line for such drivel.
This has to work both ways though clearly none of us know that it was 100% Shutes fault (Although what appears to be his reason is not bothering the others) and many are presuming this is all Fenty’s fault. It is a highly public fact that Fenty wants out And so not a lot of incentives for him to crash the deal really

I would not set much store by fentys claims he wants out, his ego and utter lack of a role without being chairman/principal funder/major shateholder/whatever he is calling himself this week means he will cling on if he possibly can. I doubt his personality could cope with being a failed nobody.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 59
DB
April 2, 2021, 1:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.38
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,056
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from lukeo

I don't login for 2 days and alll hells broken loose... What have i missed?

In a nutshell. Shutes has done a runner, Stockwood and Pettit don't know what to do.

Phil is still doing whats told and when to do it, using the club website for the use of a private individual, guess who??????????

Fenty is still in charge and saying everything is not my fault, but I will consider a new offer!!!!

Basically, if the consortium members don't like what he wants he taking his ball home instead of his cheque. He's continuing to stick 2 fingers up at the fans ably assisted by his hit-man Filipe.

So nothing has really changed since January.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 59
forza ivano
April 2, 2021, 2:32pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,285
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from Humbercod
What exactly is the latest? Fenty still getting hammered it seems, but hasn’t  the deal stalled because Shutes has pulled out?

i would've thought the thread title and the options might have given you a clue.........
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 59
forza ivano
April 2, 2021, 2:36pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,285
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from pen penfras

The latest is that Shutes has pulled out, probably because he was only in it for money and realises he won't be making any. Then everybody makes up stories to blame it on Fenty, and then that becomes fact, so we have a poll on something that isn't even happening.

It might be worth taking a thought about what the consortium think to this constant stream of abuse and how much they want to get involved if they, despite their best efforts, aren't successful on the pitch. Seeing a tirade of abuse at somebody can't fill you with enthusiasm for putting yourself into that position.

Talks are ongoing and the deal is not dead.

and you accuse me of making things up..........

ps still waiting to herar what fenty is going to do with those 200,000 shares he was gifted
pps if i was lying how come your mate confirmed in his statement last night that the deal was supposed to be signed,sealed and delivered yesterday?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 59
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › would you accept JSF staying on in a paid role?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.