Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › would you accept JSF staying on in a paid role?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 279 Guests

see the title thread
no, i'd boycott or protest
yes, if it meant the sale went through
no, but i'd accept a compromise of Day staying on as Fenty's representative
  View Results 167 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll

would you accept JSF staying on in a paid role?

This thread currently has 7,393 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
pontoonlew
April 2, 2021, 10:03am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,098
Gold Stars: 181
Quoted from Humbercod
I just hope all this hate and we are now talking death threats hasn’t put stockwood and Pettit off!
‘Look what happens if we screw this up’ It must of crossed their minds.

Whilst the death threats are a step too far, Fenty has gone 20 years without much protest, in which time he’s spectacularly copulated up everything he’s touched. I’d say we’re an incredibly patient lot given the circumstances
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 59
cannylad68
April 2, 2021, 10:06am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +33
Gold Stars: 8
I've always said that John Fenty will not relinquish Grimsby Town FC whilst he has breath in his body.

I can see him trying to co-opt  Pettit and Stockwood on to the board.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 59
Bigdog
April 2, 2021, 10:06am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.12
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from pen penfras

The latest is that Shutes has pulled out, probably because he was only in it for money and realises he won't be making any. Then everybody makes up stories to blame it on Fenty, and then that becomes fact, so we have a poll on something that isn't even happening.

It might be worth taking a thought about what the consortium think to this constant stream of abuse and how much they want to get involved if they, despite their best efforts, aren't successful on the pitch. Seeing a tirade of abuse at somebody can't fill you with enthusiasm for putting yourself into that position.

Talks are ongoing and the deal is not dead.

What a hypocrite you are. You make up a story about Shutes.. I note that you use the word probably, and then accuse others of making up stories..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 59
KingstonMariner
April 2, 2021, 10:08am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Bigdog

What a hypocrite you are. You make up a story about Shutes.. I note that you use the word probably, and then accuse others of making up stories..

Standard Operating Process for Team Fenty.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 59
Humbercod
April 2, 2021, 10:09am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,503
Gold Stars: 83
Quoted from ska face

Must have come as quite a shock after three years of talks to only realise that the morning the deal was due to complete.

Besides, the statement said he’d pulled out for ‘personal reasons’. Perhaps he found Fenty so utterly repellant on a personal level that he couldn’t countenance giving him a single penny. I’d certainly have some sympathy with that conclusion.

Sherlock Holmes on the case.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 59
Zmariner
April 2, 2021, 10:10am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,131
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from Bigdog

We all want change here but I think everybody is losing the plot. Shutes  for whatever reason is the one that has ruined this. He is the one that has walked away and ruin the deal and so for me at this point this is where the blame lies and I want change as much as the next man
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 59
MuddyWaters
April 2, 2021, 10:12am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,290
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from ska face

Must have come as quite a shock after three years of talks to only realise that the morning the deal was due to complete.

Besides, the statement said he’d pulled out for ‘personal reasons’. Perhaps he found Fenty so utterly repellant on a personal level that he couldn’t countenance giving him a single penny. I’d certainly have some sympathy with that conclusion.

I'm sure Mrs Shutes can find a use for £833,333.33.
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 59
Bigdog
April 2, 2021, 10:15am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.12
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from Zmariner

We all want change here but I think everybody is losing the plot. Shutes  for whatever reason is the one that has ruined this. He is the one that has walked away and ruin the deal and so for me at this point this is where the blame lies and I want change as much as the next man

But you have to take these conversations for what they are, supposition, like blokes talking down the pub. And unless you've been privy to the details of the whole takeover process, could you honestly say for certain, putting your kids lives on the line, that Shutes is 100% to blame? You can't. It's supposition, but I can't say for definite that you're wrong..

What can be taken from this forum and elsewhere online is that the fanbase have virtually zero appetite for JF, Day etc to be any part of the club post-takeover even with Shutes out of the picture. Valuable information for Stockwood and Pettit, especially if a compromise deal could now be on the table..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 59
ginnywings
April 2, 2021, 10:24am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Zmariner

Why is he? We don't know the reasons for his backing out. Perhaps he backed out because someone else ruined it. We have no idea at this stage.

We don't even know it is ruined. Talks are ongoing.

As for the poll; it's time for a change and we need new blood at the helm. I've already left in my head and whether I return is down to what happens next.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 59
Zmariner
April 2, 2021, 10:24am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,131
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from Bigdog

But you have to take these conversations for what they are, supposition, like blokes talking down the pub. And unless you've been privy to the details of the whole takeover process, could you honestly say for certain, putting your kids lives on the line, that Shutes is 100% to blame? You can't. It's supposition..

I would not put my kids lives on the line for such drivel.
This has to work both ways though clearly none of us know that it was 100% Shutes fault (Although what appears to be his reason is not bothering the others) and many are presuming this is all Fenty’s fault. It is a highly public fact that Fenty wants out And so not a lot of incentives for him to crash the deal really
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 59
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › would you accept JSF staying on in a paid role?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.