5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
headingly_mariner
March 13, 2021, 7:40pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 124
Played ok in the first half, should’ve been in front. 2nd best 2nd half. Think we ran out of steam and didn’t have options to change it. Thought Clifton did better than either of our usual left backs. Interesting that they had a few key players back in.

It looks like history repeating itself, Neil Woods made us competitive in 2010 but just couldn’t get us winning in time. At the minute we are right in the games but just can’t get the wins. Hopefully when one comes a few will.
Logged Offline
Private Message
cmackenzie4
March 13, 2021, 7:42pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.24
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
I think with Barrow winning we’ve just left ourselves with too much to do, it’s still doable (to stay up) but I think deep down we all know that’s not going to happen. We really needed a win today.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 46
Hagrid
March 13, 2021, 7:43pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,523
Gold Stars: 544
Second half was a sign of a broken side. A side lacking belief, confidence, and a will to win. They were there to be got at, and we were absolutey shite. Dont like Pell but he’s effective for them. 2 CB’s for us i thought played well, Hanson done his best, payne very poor when he came on

Are we playing better.. first half and at carlisle yes, but we arent winning. And over the last week 2 winnable games, we’ve taken 2 points and are 7 adrift including GD. Ive accepted it now and its heartbreaking that all thr work we did, The players of 15/16 and Hurst did, was really for nothing

We can blame Hurst, Holloway, the players. But this is down to one man. And if you think otherwise your a deluded fool. John Fenty has killed us again
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 46
RonMariner
March 13, 2021, 7:43pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,865
Gold Stars: 231
At this rate we will struggle to hit 40 points let alone 50.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 46
GTFCNiles
March 13, 2021, 7:45pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +42
Gold Stars: 6
Was so painful to watch.

Players don't want to play for PH, they have no desire at all to put a shift in.

No one  willing to get hold of the ball, just constant lumps up to no one, flick ons when they are the last man. I dont know if its fitness or just laziness.

Clifton played well at full back though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 46
moosey_club
March 13, 2021, 7:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,325
Gold Stars: 229
Signs of understanding and partnerships developing which would be fantastic if we were a dozen games in ...rather than having a little over a dozen left.

Zero attacking threat is our downfall, the back four has looked relatively ok, the midfield partnership is quite hard to break down....just the spark up front needed.

Thought the players put a shift in until they tired, think the LJL miss on the stroke of half time hit us hard mentally, after bossing the first 45 mins a goal would have been the cherry, missed it and I think half the team thought "here we go again"

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 46
arryarryarry
March 13, 2021, 8:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,051
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from headingly_mariner
Played ok in the first half, should’ve been in front. 2nd best 2nd half. Think we ran out of steam and didn’t have options to change it. Thought Clifton did better than either of our usual left backs. Interesting that they had a few key players back in.

It looks like history repeating itself, Neil Woods made us competitive in 2010 but just couldn’t get us winning in time. At the minute we are right in the games but just can’t get the wins. Hopefully when one comes a few will.

Was about to post the same, I wouldn't bother with the other two left backs just play Clifton the rest of the season.

Good first half probably the best 45 minutes for months but apart from LJLs glaring miss no threat especially in the second half.

In the end probably lucky to get a point.

Sadly not good enough.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 46
Hagrid
March 13, 2021, 8:21pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,523
Gold Stars: 544
Quoted from Steve Richards
Very poor zero creativity attacking threat. Subs were poor made no impact and whole team tired towards the end. Where are Williams, Bennett and Scannell when you need them? On to Wednesday...

Are you George Williams?

2 are Injured 1 is excrement. Hurst made attacking subs. Paynes not interested
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 46
DB
March 13, 2021, 8:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.39
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,055
Gold Stars: 391
Well I thought I had heard all the excuses but where has this tired excuse come from. Now let me think, you go to work and midway through the afternoon the boss comes up to. Your looking a bit tired, take the rest of the shift off. I've never heard of it, have you?

So you're a PROFESSIONAL footballer, you know that you have to be fitter and athletic more than the average person, it's in the job description. Being able to run, once or twice a week for say 2 hours each day.

Do you :-

A/  Get fit like most people
B/ Do lots of exercise to ensure your are at your peak all the time
C/ Do B and then do extra to make sure that regardless of any situation that you can perform 100% all of the time.

After all 2/4 hours per week to perform to the maximum of your ability out of a working week of 40 hours should not be too much to ask is it.

So why don't they work for a living, most people do.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 46
ska face
March 13, 2021, 8:28pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,812
Gold Stars: 852
Quoted from Steve Richards
Very poor zero creativity attacking threat. Subs were poor made no impact and whole team tired towards the end. Where are Williams, Bennett and Scannell when you need them? On to Wednesday...

Please Mr Williams, I implore you, tell your son to work a bit harder on the training ground. If he can’t force his way into this team then what hope do we have?
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 46
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.