March 10, 2021, 10:49am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.38
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,055
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from Tommy
Just to correct a few people:

The Waterfall for Morais substitution was made BEFORE they had that chance where Eastwood saved it and their lad smacked it over from 5 yards out.

I maintain that while they were having a bit more possession, they weren't causing us problems or creating chances until we made that sub and made it easier for them to get higher up the pitch and put crosses in.

That is exactly what their commentator said would happen, and it did.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 46
fishcake63
March 10, 2021, 1:22pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,225
Gold Stars: 62
these subs can go one way or the other last night unfortunatly it went agsinst us , hanson should have headed that ball not waterfall simple  as that , but we are bottom of lge so need a scapegoat , some of the things i saw aimed at him on social media are way beyond football , would these fans of ours have the guts to face to face him ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 46
nightrider
March 10, 2021, 2:43pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
You can't blame a player who puts the effort in on the pitch but is basically not upto the job
It's the manager who puts him on. Don't think he's the sort of player who will hide Unlike some

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 46
arryarryarry
March 10, 2021, 5:21pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,052
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from fishcake63
these subs can go one way or the other last night unfortunatly it went agsinst us , hanson should have headed that ball not waterfall simple  as that , but we are bottom of lge so need a scapegoat , some of the things i saw aimed at him on social media are way beyond football , would these fans of ours have the guts to face to face him ?

Sadly he (and Pollock) have been at the heart of one of the worst defences in the entire EFL.
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 46
Lincoln Mariner 56
March 10, 2021, 5:43pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,776
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from arryarryarry

Sadly he (and Pollock) have been at the heart of one of the worst defences in the entire EFL.

Unfortunately Pollocks lack of pace is going to seriously affect his chances of moving to a higher level which is a great shame. Always looks a little overweight to me but that may just be his build as he’s naturally a big lad and always looks to be training hard in the background of PH’s interviews.

This season has probably been a blip in his development but given any experience should contribute to his overall improvement as a person and a player, let’s hope so.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 46
DB
March 10, 2021, 5:48pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.38
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,055
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56
Accept that Waterfall may have been better letting the ball hit him and clear rather than try and head it but after watching the goal a few times now I have to say that Hanson was a major factor as he made no effort to compete for the ball aerially and this allowed an easy flick on.

I saw that as well on the reply. Hanson is the golden boy at the minute and can do wrong, the goal came about by his fault not to head the ball, what's more his feet never left the ground.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 46
diehardmariner
March 10, 2021, 6:43pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,719
Gold Stars: 543
Quoted from Roast Em Bobby

There was only about 1.5 minutes between Waterfall coming on and them scoring, so the impact of the changes to formation were zero.

0-1 when he comes on and we change formation
1-1 within 2 minutes of him coming on and changing formation.

I'd say that's the absolute opposite of zero impact.

Waterfall came on.  They created that chance where Eastwood made a great save and then the Carlisle guy skied it.  That came from bad defending.  The lad was at the back post unmarked.

The goal came from shambolic defending.  Waterfall missed the ball, other players didn't know what they were doing.  They scored.

After that we nearly conceded again when they caused panic in our area.

Be it Waterfall as an individual, the change in system or a combination of both.  But that's what changed the course and outcome of the game.

Anyway, it's done now.  To say we need a result on Saturday is an understatement.  We take those sloppy 3 minutes out of it and it was a good performance and one that should give confidence/belief.
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 46
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Waterfall

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.