Madeleymariner
March 9, 2021, 9:35pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,063
Gold Stars: 51
Quoted from Vance Warner
Funny how people see things to suit their agenda. They had just missed an open goal so I’m not sure how you could say we were cruising. Tactics were spot on for the vast majority of the game and it’s the first time in ages I remember us dominating in midfield.

And then he changed it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 46
RonMariner
March 9, 2021, 9:41pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,862
Gold Stars: 230
Snatching a draw from the jaws of victory.

Well done Hurst and Waterfall.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 46
arryarryarry
March 9, 2021, 9:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,051
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from Vance Warner
Funny how people see things to suit their agenda. They had just missed an open goal so I’m not sure how you could say we were cruising. Tactics were spot on for the vast majority of the game and it’s the first time in ages I remember us dominating in midfield.

I didn't know Coke was playing till nearly 30 minutes in.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 46
tashee69
March 9, 2021, 9:54pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +28 / -4
Approval: +970
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Hagrid
Pay him off. Paid to clear the cunting ball.

Hurst will get some blame. But we’re 1-0 up with 4 mins to go. Everyone brings on a centre back. Just a shame ours is that useless twit

Most other teams that bring on a centre back can defend, we can’t and it’s obvious. Why change things. Why give the momentum to the opposition. It would be nice for us to learn from our mistakes for a change instead of just repeating them.

Baldrick ! The only impression you can do is that of a man with no talent !!
GTFC team 09/10 - Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 46
headingly_mariner
March 9, 2021, 9:55pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 124
Ffs Waterfall was on for 2 minutes, it wasn’t great defending but nobody else reacted and it’s dropped straight to their player with zero challenge from anybody else.

There was always gonna be pressure at the end, how often do we see teams do that to us and see it out. Bringing Clifton on was a really good sub and sured us up, we were unfortunate at the end and Waterfall shouldn’t be a target.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 46
LouthMariner
March 9, 2021, 10:00pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +104
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Hagrid
Pay him off. Paid to clear the cunting ball.

Hurst will get some blame. But we’re 1-0 up with 4 mins to go. Everyone brings on a centre back. Just a shame ours is that useless twit

Can't believe how many people are blaming Hurst. I suppose he gets the blame as the manager but he cant stop the team dropping deeper and deeper. Like someone has said, they had just had a free header saved and missed a sitter. They were putting balls into the box and we were camped in the 18 yard box. Yes the midfield had been on top, but only for 85 minutes, the last 10 was all them pumping balls into the box.

It was an absolute killer blow, but we should have seen them off earlier, we didn't do enough at the other end and it cost us. The decision to bring on an extra defender and waste an extra minute was the right one. Unfortunately it was Waterfall, enough said.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 46
MuddyWaters
March 9, 2021, 10:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Sad that Mattie is now fourth choice CB.
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 46
Marinerdeano
March 9, 2021, 10:03pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +467
Gold Stars: 27
No we don't dwell, we take a point and move on. Waterfall never been spectacular but only recently become boo boy target. He was actually something of a warrior early 2020 eg. at Scunny.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 46
bawarmy
March 9, 2021, 10:35pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +2,021
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from mariner91
One of the worst centre backs we’ve ever had. Only slightly better than Matt Heywood due to being slightly more mobile. Can’t believe we’re stuck with him for another year.

He’s never been a world beater but I don’t think he’s always been bad for us. I think the club can suck the life out of players.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 46
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Waterfall

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.