DB
February 14, 2021, 4:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.39
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,056
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from smokey111
DB - I assume you are disagreeing with Arryarry?

I was certainly excited but must admit I didn't even have a semi on. Like all good conmen, he lured the bulk of us in. I am sure there are those who will, with hindsight, insist they always had their doubts. 🤔

Nope. If you read one of my posts I described what a con man does, slowly slowly paints a glowing picture and strikes. And we go WOW what a brilliant bloke.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 49
Limerick Mariner
February 14, 2021, 5:12pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,744
Gold Stars: 138
Quoted from forza ivano
good post Darren - i was absolutely thrilled when he was appointed and he gave the whole club a huge lift.
I've said previously that i am convinced in a few years time we will come to see that there was a pre covid holloway, which was very good and a covid era holloway which was disastrous.I would not be in the least bit surprised to find that he had some fairly serious mental health issues during that last 6 months.
Despite how badly its turned out Holloway has given me some great memories - the games at Orient, Mansfield and Bradford were amongst the best away days i've ever had. And he signed some bloody good players - Clark grandin and the 2 Burnley lads

Agree with this  - our form was fringe playoffs - 24 points from 15 games, and we were building a decent squad. Looking back to the close season it was almost as if he'd chucked in the towel at that point. Repeatedly saying the season shouldn't start, no friendlies and no strategy for squad building other than just having alot of players.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 49
oochiad
February 14, 2021, 5:19pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,724
Gold Stars: 28
It’s the content of the statement DB, so I take it then that you did male masturbation over your keyboard.......
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 49
meddaboy
February 14, 2021, 5:34pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: -6
a very subdued holly , does,nt have any answers for you guys , he wont get another job ,not in football anyway , looking at from the outside as non gtfc person you need at least 5 points from your next 3 games to have any sort of chance in staying up . best of british  .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 49
moosey_club
February 14, 2021, 5:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,316
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from meddaboy
a very subdued holly , does,nt have any answers for you guys , he wont get another job ,not in football anyway , looking at from the outside as non gtfc person you need at least 5 points from your next 3 games to have any sort of chance in staying up . best of british  .

Football tends to have a short memory when it comes to regional lower league clubs , Holloway is keeping his media profile going by continuing to appear on Quest intermittently and i would doubt by the time this season is over, even we will be discussing him that much.
From his perspective i would think he is keeping up some sort of appearances to keep his name out there....give it 6 - 12 months and i bet he has his appetite back to be back in the game.

It is fair to say, as others have, that the pre Covid version was alot different to Covid version where he quite literally lost the plot.  He definately suffered mentally too.... however

the biggest disappointment for me was how quick he legged it and the pathetic excuses given which left alot of questions regards his knowledge of the fraudster May, his wider motivations for being here and the suspicion that the penny had dropped that he had fcked up building the terrible squad we had and was looking for convenient a way out, only a few weeks before he virtually offered his resignation to the supporters when discontent started amongst the fans.

Maybe one day the true whole picture will come out.....but i doubt it with the size of the ego's involved.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 49
pontoonlew
February 14, 2021, 5:53pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,098
Gold Stars: 181
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

Agree with this  - our form was fringe playoffs - 24 points from 15 games, and we were building a decent squad. Looking back to the close season it was almost as if he'd chucked in the towel at that point. Repeatedly saying the season shouldn't start, no friendlies and no strategy for squad building other than just having alot of players.

The only defense I can give Holloway in Summer is that I think he would’ve kept the spine of the squad if he could. It was Phil Day with his terrible handling of the situation that caused us to lose our best players. If Day hadn’t done that I think things would be different now.

However Holloway made a bad situation worse with his terrible recruitment and complete lack of planning.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 49
Eastendmariner
February 14, 2021, 6:17pm
Mariners Trust Life Member
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +8 / -5
Approval: +942
Gold Stars: 22
q from limerick Mariner

totally agree like a different beast .

Close season was a absolute disaster a total lack of planning from the club the ST fiasco no structure from pre season games  undermining the  start to the season so didn't prepare un professional TBH.

Mariner Trust Life Member  

Seen the Mariners win AWAY at 70 league Grounds

Grounds Visited 281[img][/img]

Blundell Park a Training ground for bum ref's
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 49
moosey_club
February 14, 2021, 6:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,316
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from pontoonlew

The only defense I can give Holloway in Summer is that I think he would’ve kept the spine of the squad if he could. It was Phil Day with his terrible handling of the situation that caused us to lose our best players. If Day hadn’t done that I think things would be different now.

However Holloway made a bad situation worse with his terrible recruitment and complete lack of planning.

You actually seem to believe that Day had anything to do with it ??

We all know who made the decisions.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 49
pontoonlew
February 14, 2021, 7:28pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,098
Gold Stars: 181
Quoted from moosey_club

You actually seem to believe that Day had anything to do with it ??

We all know who made the decisions.

I have to believe Day was a huge part of it, Fenty obviously played his stingy role but Day is just as bad. I’ve disliked Day from the second he took over and his interviews that our fan base lauded at the time always struck me as verbal vomit from a guy who didn’t have a clue what he was doing.

If Holloway came out and said he was quitting because of the existing board and not the new board, he’d have got some respect from me because I think they’re fully to blame for this mess. The fact he sided with them leaves a huge stain and makes it easy to blame him for all of it. In reality I think he actually had a relatively small role in the circus.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 49
GollyGTFC
February 15, 2021, 7:21pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,064
Gold Stars: 359
The Countdown producers were obviously not impressed with Colin Murray’s flimsy attempt at interviewing his mate because they’ve given the presenters job to Anne Robinson instead of him despite him having a lengthy stint standing in for Nick Hewer recently.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 49 - 49
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hollowords on Quest this SaturdayI

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.