DB
February 10, 2021, 2:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.39
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,056
Gold Stars: 391
up up and away    5th Dimention

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 62
Zmariner
February 10, 2021, 2:35pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,131
Gold Stars: 44
I agree  this is oh dear but and I hope to be quoted on this later on  ,I have some faith in Paul Hurst
This approach is very iterative and step-by-step you improve but the anus predecessor left one of the biggest messesthat we have ever been in
I firmly believe that once we get off the mark we will have a decent run, whether this will be on time or not is debatable but I truly believe the team is improving And I genuinely believe that we will go on a decent run of results. Paul Hurst approach to management was always a bit of a slow burner but we always hit the play-offs which was about where our budget was.
I have not thrown in the towel at all and I also think that in this division the margins between the better and the worst teams are not so great and so playing the better teams is not quite as bad as it sounds
Utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 62
DB
February 10, 2021, 2:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.39
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,056
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from Zmariner
I agree  this is oh dear but and I hope to be quoted on this later on  ,I have some faith in Paul Hurst
This approach is very iterative and step-by-step you improve but the anus predecessor left one of the biggest messesthat we have ever been in
I firmly believe that once we get off the mark we will have a decent run, whether this will be on time or not is debatable but I truly believe the team is improving And I genuinely believe that we will go on a decent run of results. Paul Hurst approach to management was always a bit of a slow burner but we always hit the play-offs which was about where our budget was.
I have not thrown in the towel at all and I also think that in this division the margins between the better and the worst teams are not so great and so playing the better teams is not quite as bad as it sounds
Utm

Good to read a positive post

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 62
Bigdog
February 10, 2021, 3:29pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.12
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Being bottom of the whole EFL would be hugely symbolic of Fenty's reign at GTFC if the takeover goes through within the next couple of days..

Championship to bottom of the league..Desperate need of a new stadium, desperate need of new training facilities, desperate need of modernisation throughout the club, desperate need to rebuild the brand image of GTFC, desperate need to rebuild the first team squad and desperate need of a decent playing surface at BP..

Bravo John, bravo..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 62
grimsby pete
February 10, 2021, 4:05pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,836
Gold Stars: 222
We get knocked down but we get up again you will never keep us down.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 62
Madeleymariner
February 10, 2021, 4:16pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,063
Gold Stars: 51
Down Down Status Quo
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 62
Madeleymariner
February 10, 2021, 4:17pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,063
Gold Stars: 51
Or as our defence should sing  Roll Over Lay Down and Let Them In
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 62
RichMariner
February 10, 2021, 4:34pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,164
Gold Stars: 211
Took us from Championship to non-league. That, by anyone's standards, is an appalling record to have.

But the story doesn't even end there.

After fighting to get out of non-league for six years, we look like going back there again.

Perhaps we should remember John Fenty for these words of wisdom he spoke after Jolley left the club:

"But, when all's said and done, success generally comes very quickly—if it’s going to come."

Like he'd know what football success looks like. Nearly two decades of abject failure. But I do agree that there is some poetry in him leaving us rock bottom. Means the consortium barely need to lift a finger to surpass his achievements.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 48 - 62
ginnywings
February 10, 2021, 4:50pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from RichMariner
Took us from Championship to non-league. That, by anyone's standards, is an appalling record to have.

But the story doesn't even end there.

After fighting to get out of non-league for six years, we look like going back there again.

Perhaps we should remember John Fenty for these words of wisdom he spoke after Jolley left the club:

"But, when all's said and done, success generally comes very quickly—if it’s going to come."

Like he'd know what football success looks like. Nearly two decades of abject failure. But I do agree that there is some poetry in him leaving us rock bottom. Means the consortium barely need to lift a finger to surpass his achievements.

Or when we appointed Jolley and the club statement ended:

"We are confident the good times are just around the corner"

Still waiting.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 62
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › O dear

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.