7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
HertsGTFC
February 9, 2021, 10:36pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,005
Gold Stars: 228
If we where looking at someone else in our position, form, games played and goal difference we’d write that team off.

Add to that we’re a new side that’s not even quite through the forming stage never mind “storming, norming and performing” bit again you’d think we are doomed.

Indeed this time ladies and gents we are not and in reality never have been to good to go down, in fact we’ve just never been good enough.

Fenty, Day, Marley, Race horse trainer missing person bloke, Holloway you gave us fans one hell of a beating!!

On a serious note I’d be amazed if we got out of this.

On an ultra serious not if this effing takeover gets to complete those mentioned above should never be allowed near BP or anything to do with football ever again!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 62
ginnywings
February 9, 2021, 10:45pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from forza ivano

i admire your optimism Ginny, but there is very little evidence, as regards Town, to back up your hope.
on the contrary there is plenty of evidence that we won't be turning it around.As i said in a previous post we are still making the same mistakes and have the same deficiencies as we had under Holloway . There has been absolutely zero sign of a new manager bounce, whilst all around us teams pick up points here and there.Even on Saturday we only played well for 45 minutes, then lost; 2months previously i seem to remember us having a good first 45 at Southend before going on to lose. the only thing that changes is our goal difference and league position, both for the worst

People keep saying it's optimism on my part, but it's not. I'm as pessimistic as the next fan when it comes to GTFC.

I think the problem most fans have is that because it's been sh1t, they expect it to stay sh1t, and they also expect other teams that have been sh1t to suddenly buck that trend and start winning games left right and centre.

10 games ago, Stevenage had 2 wins and were deep in the mire. Since then, they have won 4, drawn 4 and lost 2. Do you think Stevenage fans thought they would be doing that? The same can be said for Southend and Barrow, in that most of their wins have been recent. We had our best run to date earlier in the season, so we are going backwards at the moment compared to those around us.

All the naysayers may well be right and we never get out of this mess, but there are far too many games to go yet to be as certain as some seem to be.

We are/have been dreadful, no getting away from that, but so are other sides in this league and they have managed to cobble together some results. I'm amazed that Southend won at Tranmere, but it also gives me hope.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 62
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
February 9, 2021, 11:03pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.84
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,832
Gold Stars: 556
Quoted from GollyGTFC
I remember Kelly Holmes being 7th (out of 8 runners) at the bell in the 2004 Olympics Games Women's 800m Final. She won gold. We might still win gold (finish 22nd)..

Mind you, the athlete who finished 7th is now dead and at least two of the others were caught doping (including the bronze medal winner).

Maybe doping is the answer.

Although knowing Town we’d accidentally order a load of oestrogen instead of testosterone.

I can just imagine our back four wandering around the pitch, doubled up with hot water bottles clutched to their bellies and crying because the vertical stripes are making them look fat.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 62
RonMariner
February 9, 2021, 11:41pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,865
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from ginnywings

People keep saying it's optimism on my part, but it's not. I'm as pessimistic as the next fan when it comes to GTFC.

I think the problem most fans have is that because it's been sh1t, they expect it to stay sh1t, and they also expect other teams that have been sh1t to suddenly buck that trend and start winning games left right and centre.

10 games ago, Stevenage had 2 wins and were deep in the mire. Since then, they have won 4, drawn 4 and lost 2. Do you think Stevenage fans thought they would be doing that? The same can be said for Southend and Barrow, in that most of their wins have been recent. We had our best run to date earlier in the season, so we are going backwards at the moment compared to those around us.

All the naysayers may well be right and we never get out of this mess, but there are far too many games to go yet to be as certain as some seem to be.

We are/have been dreadful, no getting away from that, but so are other sides in this league and they have managed to cobble together some results. I'm amazed that Southend won at Tranmere, but it also gives me hope.

It's the fact that Southend and Stevenage's form improvement is recent that is the problem. It makes our tasks in overtaking them that much more difficult. They have already turned things round. We have yet to do so, and when we do we have to have better form than they are showing.  

Personally I doubt we will catch Stevenage. So I think its just Barrow and Southend in the mire with us and we will need to finish above them both.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 62
RonMariner
February 9, 2021, 11:44pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,865
Gold Stars: 231

Mind you, the athlete who finished 7th is now dead and at least two of the others were caught doping (including the bronze medal winner).

Although knowing Town we’d accidentally order a load of oestrogen instead of testosterone.

I can just imagine our back four wandering around the pitch, doubled up with hot water bottles clutched to their bellies and crying because the vertical stripes are making them look fat.

I am willing to clutch at any straw, but looking to an old 800m race as evidence that we can survive is pushing it even for me.

Didn't some bloke fall out of a plane an survive once? There you go. Maybe we will be like him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 62
KingstonMariner
February 10, 2021, 1:00am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218

Fenty would never sanction the purchase of testosterone.

Not when he's got a job lot of hake testes in storage.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 62
KingstonMariner
February 10, 2021, 1:01am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
We're exactly where I thought we'd be this month.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 62
Boris Johnson
February 10, 2021, 1:16am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +2 / -15
Approval: -2,797
Gold Stars: 4
The Fat Lady hasnt quite broken into song, but she has certainly done the soundcheck
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 62
DB
February 10, 2021, 1:59am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.39
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,055
Gold Stars: 391
it's never over till the maths say so.
A win on Saturday and the revival starts
When your bottom the only way is up
It can't get any worse
The fight back starts now
It's our turn for a decent run
National League made null and void
In the fans football court fenty and holloway and found guilty of mismanagement and banned from the game for life.
Del boy said tomorrow we'll be millionaires, and tomorrow Town will be top (or survive at least)
HOPE, Bob Hopes dead, we are in no hope but tomorrow their is some HOPE

Trying to be positive

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 62
GollyGTFC
February 10, 2021, 9:11am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,066
Gold Stars: 359

You are correct. Benhassi nearly caught Holmes too

It’s the 800m. Not the 801m.

Actually the bronze medal winner was finishing fastest and would have probably taken it if it was 801m.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 29 - 62
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › O dear

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.