9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Nutsy
January 29, 2021, 10:08pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +158
Gold Stars: 5
Every time I’ve watched town, for a long time now, we have lacked a dynamic tackling player who got about the pitch and broke up play (the best ever had for a while was ahead), it pains me but imagine Matete and this new chap with Hess in the midfield

But I think out the current crop Clifton is the closest but I’d go for Rose for experience and hopefully a years time Spokes!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 88
Nutsy
January 29, 2021, 10:08pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +158
Gold Stars: 5
Every time I’ve watched town, for a long time now, we have lacked a dynamic tackling player who got about the pitch and broke up play (the best ever had for a while was ahead), it pains me but imagine Matete and this new chap with Hess in the midfield

But I think out the current crop Clifton is the closest but I’d go for Rose for experience and hopefully a years time Spokes!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 88
Sean in Cambridge
January 30, 2021, 12:37am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +75
Hi all Cambridge fan here....hope you don't mind me posting about Idris.

He came to us on loan during the 19/20 season and quickly showed his class, creativity and technical ability which was way beyond League 2.  He became a real fans' favourite.  All of the comments were about how he shouldn't be playing at our kind of level.  He then suffered a serious injury and went back to Ipswich.

He came back again to us but was never really able to tie down a place.  The Cambridge Utd of last season is pretty different to the one of this season but that's no reflection on him.  He just wasn't in the right place at the right time.  He is a quality player and just needs a continuous run in a side to start showing how good he is.  And he has a great attitude and is one of those players who you just want to succeed.

I'm wishing him all the best and wishing you, as a club, all the best too.  Don't even think about dropping out of the league...you're a proper football club.  It can't happen!

As a complete aside, when I lived down in London and refused to support the premiership bullshit I came across a localish club, Fisher Athletic, so saw them at most home games for about two years.  Ex-Marriner Wayne Burnett was their then manager and I had a number of chats with him.  Top bloke and a great sense of humour.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 88
wuffing
January 30, 2021, 7:08am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.40
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +851
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from Sean in Cambridge
Hi all Cambridge fan here....hope you don't mind me posting about Idris.

He came to us on loan during the 19/20 season and quickly showed his class, creativity and technical ability which was way beyond League 2.  He became a real fans' favourite.  All of the comments were about how he shouldn't be playing at our kind of level.  He then suffered a serious injury and went back to Ipswich.

He came back again to us but was never really able to tie down a place.  The Cambridge Utd of last season is pretty different to the one of this season but that's no reflection on him.  He just wasn't in the right place at the right time.  He is a quality player and just needs a continuous run in a side to start showing how good he is.  And he has a great attitude and is one of those players who you just want to succeed.

I'm wishing him all the best and wishing you, as a club, all the best too.  Don't even think about dropping out of the league...you're a proper football club.  It can't happen!

As a complete aside, when I lived down in London and refused to support the premiership bullshit I came across a localish club, Fisher Athletic, so saw them at most home games for about two years.  Ex-Marriner Wayne Burnett was their then manager and I had a number of chats with him.  Top bloke and a great sense of humour.  

Hi Sean. Thanks for the info, sounds like just what we need right now. I think he will come on a bomb with us under Paul Hurst. We certainly need creativity and bite in the middle of the park. Thanks for your kind words for our league survival - we need them!

Wayne Burnett was great for us, sheer quality in midfield and of course his brilliant side flick golden goal at Wembley that made a town cry with emotion, passion and total love for our side.

Good luck for the rest of your season and here's hoping we are all singing our heads off at the Abbey stadium soon (please god, sort it ).

Cheers

'I walked in the dressing room. The window was open and I thought that a sea fret had got in. Then I saw smoke billowing from a pipe in the corner of the room...it was my centre-forward. He looked seven stone wet through. He went on to score thirty-odd goals that season.' Lawrie McMenemy on encountering the legend that was Matt Tees.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 88
forza ivano
January 30, 2021, 10:47am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,285
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from Abdul19

Hipster  

no, more of a cheapskate - won't pay for BT or sky!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 88
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
January 30, 2021, 1:07pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from forza ivano

I just wonder whether he should try and reinvent himself as a solely defensive midfielder. Just watching Larne Glentoran and Larne have a black lad called Sule who just does what the much maligned Stacey Caldicott used to do. Sits deep, protects the back 4, breaks up play and then gives easy balls 10-15 yards any way. I'm sure he'd be capable of that

I agree with this but that depends on the manager wanting to play that way. I don’t think HC is good enough as a box to box midfielder in w 4-4-2 and I don’t think PH does either. Perhaps he should consider a long term move to full back? He is about the same age as John Macca when he moved there from the wing and he did OK.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 88
TownSNAFU5
January 30, 2021, 1:20pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,907
Gold Stars: 42
We seem to have a strong candidate for Post of the Week from Sean, the Cambridge fan.

We cannot get a POTW from a Town fan.

Moosey, in your analysis of Harry you could have added that his passing is not up to standard either.  As a local we all want him to do well.   I am disappointed that he has not kicked on since getting into the first team.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 88
KingstonMariner
January 30, 2021, 1:51pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from forza ivano

no, more of a cheapskate - won't pay for BT or sky!

Or pay for the beard grooming to be a hipster

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 88
January 30, 2021, 6:39pm
Guest User
What was he like today? Couldn’t bear to watch after last week. Didn’t hear him mentioned much on Humberside.
Reply: 78 - 88
forza ivano
January 30, 2021, 7:59pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,285
Gold Stars: 266
wasn't in the match much.Didn't help that he was playing in the mud heap first half and then wasn't helped by the flagging Harbegam in the second.had a few good touches
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 88
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Idriz el Masouni

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.