Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › As we are near certainties for relegation.?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 263 Guests

As we are near certainties for relegation.?

This thread currently has 6,950 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Yoda
January 9, 2021, 7:30pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,189
Gold Stars: 72
buggar off fenty/ runaway you are a joke i implore the consortium to pull the plug.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 40
Fillipe Noche
January 9, 2021, 7:31pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
Quoted from Heswall Mariner
I'm not sure about you Fillipe -  but support your post. Rock On.

Well there you go then Hemswell we’ve all got something in common here

Some of these doom and glooom people see doom and gloom for understandable reasons

But if we keep being woe is us, we won’t help anything

If we get positive and inventive then we help the fight
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 40
ginnywings
January 9, 2021, 7:33pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
If there was no transfer window to work with, then yes, probably. If it was a situation like Jolley inherited, much further along in the season, where he had to work with what he had, we wouldn't have the same chance given the squad we currently have to work with.

This time, we have a better, more experienced manager, more games to work with and a transfer window.

It's natural just to look at your own woes, but other sides and fans will be panicking too. There's loads of games to go yet and it's not as if we are cut adrift miles from the teams above us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 40
Yoda
January 9, 2021, 7:33pm
Fine Wine Drinker
You are fenty stooge go away we don’t want you on here.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 40
Yoda
January 9, 2021, 7:48pm
Fine Wine Drinker
nearly a third of the window gone nobody in yet not a good sign.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 40
fishcake63
January 9, 2021, 7:55pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,225
Gold Stars: 62
can i cheat & let you know after this window , next week is massive now let's hope we get at least 4/5 through the door , at least we got half of season left
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 40
Yoda
January 9, 2021, 7:56pm
Fine Wine Drinker
if you was a player would you come here.!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 40
HertsGTFC
January 9, 2021, 8:18pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,005
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from ginnywings
If there was no transfer window to work with, then yes, probably. If it was a situation like Jolley inherited, much further along in the season, where he had to work with what he had, we wouldn't have the same chance given the squad we currently have to work with.

This time, we have a better, more experienced manager, more games to work with and a transfer window.

It's natural just to look at your own woes, but other sides and fans will be panicking too. There's loads of games to go yet and it's not as if we are cut adrift miles from the teams above us.

There are clearly parallels but I can’t remember the side being so bad when Jolley took over and that season there was at least 3 maybe 4 sides worse than us, I’m not being a smart @rse but we are the worst side I’ve seen in this league.

Hurst is going to find it hard as no EFL player who’s playing will want to move here. We could get free agents and squad players so it will take them some time to get going. The league position would suggest that no big clubs will loan their young stars to be part of what could quite easily be a relegation ah1t show.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 40
ginnywings
January 9, 2021, 8:27pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from HertsGTFC

There are clearly parallels but I can’t remember the side being so bad when Jolley took over and that season there was at least 3 maybe 4 sides worse than us, I’m not being a smart @rse but we are the worst side I’ve seen in this league.

Hurst is going to find it hard as no EFL player who’s playing will want to move here. We could get free agents and squad players so it will take them some time to get going. The league position would suggest that no big clubs will loan their young stars to be part of what could quite easily be a relegation ah1t show.

We hadn't won for what felt like a century under Slade, then Wilko.

We probably did have a better side then in all probability, but we had less time, a less experienced manager and no window. This situation isn't as bad as that in my opinion.

Even when we went down in 2010, we took it to the last game. People having us relegated already this season is way too premature.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 40
GrimRob
January 9, 2021, 8:28pm

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,450
Gold Stars: 115
According to the bookies we are not "certainties" at all! In fact, they think we are more likely to stay up than to get relegated.

Sky Bet have us at 11/10 to get relegated. Other firms have us odds-on but all of them think we have at least a fair chance of staying up.

https://m.skybet.com/football/sky-bet-league-two/event/26221500

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Online
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 19 - 40
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › As we are near certainties for relegation.?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.