friskneymariner
January 1, 2021, 8:47pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from Fillipe Noche

And how does one bring offshore money legitimately back into a British corporation without then revealing that money?

Believe me  there are numerous businesses on the East Coast that have been brought with and used to launder drug money from various parts of the country.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 116
KingstonMariner
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Alliterative arithmetic

Fenty = Fraudster’s friend
Felipe = fraudster’s friend
Fenty + Felipe = failure
Felipe = nincompoop

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 116
GollyGTFC

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,066
Gold Stars: 359

I’d have no problem at all with John Fenty. From the point of view of him being a safe pair of hands, financially the club was and is safe. Yes we have to ride the waves highs and lows, and in a football sense I appreciate the lows are more prevalent. But that really isn’t intentional and I don’t think he can be accused of not trying. Let’s face it, everyone (mostly) thought he’d played a blinder when Holloway had arrived.

He’s worked incredibly hard to try and deliver on the stadium. Prior to Covid setting this back yet again, the Freeman Street prospects look or looked promising.

So in summary I had no problems with John.

In terms of the consortium. I have no problem with them if they are going to support equally as well financially, or better.

Their approach to the John Fenty loans intrigue me though. Do they not have the personal wealth to pay those off on day one? Which would give me a lot of confidence in them. To me it smacks of them buying us, but still needing JF

You're joking? Fenty was nowhere near delivering a new stadium. He had given up and was resorting to the hope that the council will build (and fund) it for him.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 92 - 116
jamesgtfc
January 1, 2021, 8:48pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,050
Gold Stars: 190

Is your preference that revenue from player sales goes towards paying off loans rather than being used to increase the budget or strengthen via permitted income in terms of salary cap etc?

Like I said I'm sure they have a plan. The installments give them some security if anything untoward is going on. I'm guessing as part of the takeover negotiations they may have gone through the books in depth but I really don't know.

John is getting a good deal because at the average rate of repayment over the last 5 years he wouldn't have his loan back until 2032.

Be interesting to see in the accounts next year what he's done with the shares he was "gifted" too.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 116
KingstonMariner
January 1, 2021, 8:49pm
Meths Drinker
Well said James. About time he gave them back.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 116
KingstonMariner
January 1, 2021, 8:50pm
Meths Drinker
PS I’d be very disappointed if the consortium let Fenty anywhere near the boardroom. He’s tainted.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 116
Gaffer58
January 1, 2021, 8:55pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 33
Back to Mr May and his or someone he was working for investment of £1 million. You invest to reap a reward/ dividend/ profit at a later date, so I can only assume this reward etc would have been from the development of the new stadium, this is my concern that hopefully those at the top are there because they want a successful football team and not what they can make out of it personally.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 116
MuddyWaters
January 1, 2021, 8:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
I’m quite amazed that, bearing in mind the club has 2.8 million accumulated losses and a creditors column of 2.3 million, anyone would expect the person who built up those figures to get paid up in full.
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 116
It Bites
January 1, 2021, 8:58pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,216
Gold Stars: 266
How would the club's sponsors reacted to the owners getting involved with a convicted fraudster ? Asking for a friend 😍😍😍❤️❤️❤️
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 116
friskneymariner
January 1, 2021, 8:59pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
People also seem to have missed the terminology Mr May used in terms of the investment.

He was at pains to point out that he looks after investments on behalf of others. In a sense like a broker or a driver for investors.

Was it his own money he was investing? Or was he in the business of placing investments on behalf of others ?

Think in this case there is very little difference between his own money and other peoples.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 116
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Holloway on the local Bristol newspaper

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.