TheRonRaffertyFanClub
January 1, 2021, 1:57pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Bristol Mariner

We’ve not although no one reads the Bristol Post it’s shite.

Told all my Gas Head mates what a false profit he was....

That's interesting because it is part of BristonLive and owned by Reach which is the company name of the Daily Mirror which also happens to be the owner of  ............... the Grimsby Telegraph.

Reach media journos  share a lot of social media and information across the titles.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 116
TuckerJenkins
January 1, 2021, 2:01pm

Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +68
Gold Stars: 1
I wouldn't be surprised if he does the dirty on his house sale and pulls out. That's the sort of person he is.

Flippin' 'eck Tucker!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 116
Cod Cheeks
January 1, 2021, 2:17pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +374
Billy Bullshit on Soccer AM tomorrow at 10:00
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 116
aldi_01
January 1, 2021, 2:24pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
The more you think about it the more you realise that his tenure was only ever gonna end in tears...

He clearly feel some weird loyalty to Fenty, one can speculate as to why but it doesn’t take a genius to realise it can’t have been a footballing reason.

The man is finished, his bullshit might work for TV and I’m sure he’ll create some weird narrative about him being honest with integrity, not a bottle job but someone who was loyal to the regime...thankfully, he’s been a rotter at enough clubs now to know that football fans with half a brain recognise him for what he is; a bullshitting charlatan.

He will ensure that the narrative is about him and the relationship with the board, sale of the club, not the fact he assembled one of the clubs worst squads, with tactics that are outdated, ineffective and took zero accountability for the shite served up.

We’ve dodged a bullet...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 116
Gainsbro_Mariner
January 1, 2021, 2:45pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +27 / -2
Approval: +1,459
Gold Stars: 15
For all the times he rambled on about loving the fans, understanding us blah blah blah blah that article is testament to the fact he both never understood us or was clearly oblivious to the fact Fenty has been largely unpopular with many fans for over a decade. If he knew the relationship between JSF and the fans then surely he wouldn't be surprised he was "hounded out".

I take from it Holloway seems to arrogantly assume his departure was the reason why we wanted Fenty out, his departure was a mere straw that broke the camels back, if even that. It was one of a number of things which highlighted the serious need for change and if he was as Pro Fenty as he sounds then we swerved a disaster.

Fair to add that his performance as Town boss would potentially go against any job offers anyway, so I shouldn't be too bothered about that Mr Holloway.  

Tony Gallimore nicked my Pint and my sausage roll
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 116
Rick12
January 1, 2021, 2:50pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from mariners1

Seriously? Treated them ok?
Sorry, but was I dreaming John McDermott’s book and Podge Amond’s recent interview?
Sorry but that man deserves no credit at all in my opinion
Iam not referring to them sources though but players I have met .Granted Fenty wasnt perfect but Iam sure  has some love for the club.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 116
aldi_01
January 1, 2021, 2:55pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I’ve met people across football and many a player, not many say a lot when you mention Fenty...some will use a few words, others just roll their eyes.

Thankfully he has gone; alarms should’ve rang for fans when Holloway said Fenty was a good man and the club was well run. He never ever really understood us and it’s obvious it was all just hyperbole. His reason for being here was monetary, a deal with Fenty, the crook and whoever else wanted to soil their reputations...

There’s more to the whole situation and as someone on Twitter pointed out; normally that boring Scottish twit on talk sport, Colin Murray and the likes would normally be all over the shenanigans that have gone on at town...they haven’t. Perhaps they’re worried about their mate?

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 116
Boris Johnson
January 1, 2021, 3:05pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +2 / -15
Approval: -2,797
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from Gainsbro_Mariner
For all the times he rambled on about loving the fans, understanding us blah blah blah blah that article is testament to the fact he both never understood us or was clearly oblivious to the fact Fenty has been largely unpopular with many fans for over a decade. If he knew the relationship between JSF and the fans then surely he wouldn't be surprised he was "hounded out".

I take from it Holloway seems to arrogantly assume his departure was the reason why we wanted Fenty out, his departure was a mere straw that broke the camels back, if even that. It was one of a number of things which highlighted the serious need for change and if he was as Pro Fenty as he sounds then we swerved a disaster.

Fair to add that his performance as Town boss would potentially go against any job offers anyway, so I shouldn't be too bothered about that Mr Holloway.  

and yet the vast majority on here thought he was the best manager we could get.....I stand with Ollie was one laughable thread.  Some of us called for his sacking, and were ridiculed at the time.....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 116
chipsandgravy
January 1, 2021, 3:16pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,632
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from aldi_01
The more you think about it the more you realise that his tenure was only ever gonna end in tears...

He clearly feel some weird loyalty to Fenty, one can speculate as to why but it doesn’t take a genius to realise it can’t have been a footballing reason.

The man is finished, his bullshit might work for TV and I’m sure he’ll create some weird narrative about him being honest with integrity, not a bottle job but someone who was loyal to the regime...thankfully, he’s been a rotter at enough clubs now to know that football fans with half a brain recognise him for what he is; a bullshitting charlatan.

He will ensure that the narrative is about him and the relationship with the board, sale of the club, not the fact he assembled one of the clubs worst squads, with tactics that are outdated, ineffective and took zero accountability for the shite served up.

We’ve dodged a bullet...

Yep unfortunately agree. As a fan of, shall we say, mature years I am slightly  ashamed to say I fell for it.
I have to say the whole sorry episode left me feeling as deflated as I ever felt. Thought we were so lucky to have got him in the first place but I think charlatan is now a very apt description.
It has only been the great news of a new regime and the appointment of a pragmatic safe pair of hands that has brought me round. A few days ago I felt like I was lost on a mountain top in sub zero temperatures only to be found and placed against a warm fire!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 116
HertsGTFC
January 1, 2021, 3:21pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,005
Gold Stars: 228
The problem with the likes of Holloway is that the old boys network that is the broadcast and written media will give him work for the entertainment value and because he's "a character" (in their eyes not mine) and that's what they believe people want, he talks a lot and says very little.

Though he actually described himself as a "dower Yorkshireman" in the half time interview on Tuesday it was quite refreshing to hear Hurst's interview with Matt Dean yesterday where he gave straightforward answers to the questions asked..      

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 116
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Holloway on the local Bristol newspaper

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.