12 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 All Recommend Thread
friskneymariner
January 1, 2021, 10:20pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
If I was a businessman with several convictions for fraud and dishonestly obtaining money I would be looking for a clean skin to front my company.
Someone who was not too bright,didn't ask difficult questions and had some standing in the community,commonly known in the trade a patsy.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 116
GollyGTFC
January 1, 2021, 10:27pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,066
Gold Stars: 359
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner
Whether it is JF charge or a consortium or whoever, the end goal is a Community Stadium, the regeneration of an area of Grimsby.  Of course, there will be some sort of financial gain for whoever delivers that and to be honest, I'm not all that arsed who gets what as long as the football club benefits in the long term.

I may be wrong, but I didn't see/read/hear Shutes refer to his stadium plans as a "Community Stadium". Their plans seem to be for a Grimsby Town FC Stadium.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 111 - 116
mariner91
January 1, 2021, 10:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,769
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from Fillipe Noche

There’s nothing to suggest that his current wealth is a result of ill gotten gains.

Neither is there anything to suggest the £1 million was going to be invested by way of GTFC share purchase.

See above

This is literally the first paragraph from the club's statement on the 14th of last month:

"The Board of Grimsby Town Football Club PLC have met this evening to consider an application by Mr Alex May to acquire shares in the Club."

This is the fourth paragraph:

"Mr May had visited the Club on occasions to discuss his proposal. He wished to acquire £1,000,000 of shares which would not have been used for the day to day running of the Club but as a contribution towards the cost of a new training facility for use of the Club and also the local community."

You are an exceptionally boring and tedious poster as well as being consistently wrong on virtually everything.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 116
Fillipe Noche
January 1, 2021, 11:19pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
Quoted from mariner91

This is literally the first paragraph from the club's statement on the 14th of last month:

"The Board of Grimsby Town Football Club PLC have met this evening to consider an application by Mr Alex May to acquire shares in the Club."

This is the fourth paragraph:

"Mr May had visited the Club on occasions to discuss his proposal. He wished to acquire £1,000,000 of shares which would not have been used for the day to day running of the Club but as a contribution towards the cost of a new training facility for use of the Club and also the local community."

You are an exceptionally boring and tedious poster as well as being consistently wrong on virtually everything.

As a board member you’d think I’d have known that 😉
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 116
Stadium
January 1, 2021, 11:24pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19

Just a member I think.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 116
mariner91
January 1, 2021, 11:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,769
Gold Stars: 262

On the contrary. Lying, being mistaken or being economical with the truth seem to be some of the very few requirements for being on John Fenty’s board. As well as loyalty to him.

Fortunately, we won’t have to put up with them much longer.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 116
BlackandWhiteBarmy2
January 2, 2021, 12:07am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,022
Gold Stars: 59
Hey Noche

Consortium in, Fenty out.

Haaa Haa

Get used to it

And when you fall back into the mud it hurts a lot.
No! None of it was true, none of those things we thought we could see existed at all.
All that was really there was still more misery

Emile Zola
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 116
12 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Holloway on the local Bristol newspaper

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.