louth_in_the_south
January 2, 2021, 1:51pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,712
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Bristol Mariner

I’ve seen Lloyd on tour, was actually quite good. He also stayed behind and had a beer with many of the audience.  He also used his position to be very vocal about JSF.so I’d say he’s one of us.

I met him on the train to Bognor trophy game and he was a really down to earth bloke so he ok for me .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 54
Madeleymariner
January 2, 2021, 2:28pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,063
Gold Stars: 51
I dont get the bile aimed at Holloway to be honest, glad he has gone. His plans went awry for various reasons so he resigned. His excuse is neither here nor there. Lets hopefully move forward and put this chapter behind us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 54
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
January 2, 2021, 3:05pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +877
Gold Stars: 123
Quoted from Simon
Am I on my own then, I thought it was great to see him with a smile on his face again

I agree. Comparing how he looked when he first joined us to when he left, he looked ill. Remember it's still only recently that he lost his best mate. He could be suffering with depression
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 54
Simon
January 2, 2021, 3:31pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Approval: +234
Gold Stars: 33

I agree. Comparing how he looked when he first joined us to when he left, he looked ill. Remember it's still only recently that he lost his best mate. He could be suffering with depression

And lost his best mate in such an awful way, that has to affect even the strongest of us!! Add to that trying to sell a house down in Bristol, buy one up here, then the lock down, not being able to see family etc etc I just think some people need to cut the guy some slack

All Town aren't we ..... UTM  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 54
KingstonMariner
January 2, 2021, 3:42pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Simon

And lost his best mate in such an awful way, that has to affect even the strongest of us!! Add to that trying to sell a house down in Bristol, buy one up here, then the lock down, not being able to see family etc etc I just think some people need to cut the guy some slack

If he cut out the BS and possible lies, and just concentrated on the truth, people might have some time for him. Woodsy is still held in great affection despite being a failure here as a manager. But then he didn't BS, blow smoke up people's arses, make implausible excuses, renege on commitments and then leave the club in the lurch.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 54
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Soccer AM

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.