December 16, 2020, 10:29am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,774
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from GrimRob
GO, IN THE NAME OF COD, GO

It seems most years we sack the manager, and most times you urge caution and say we will never get anywhere without some stability, yet you seem to want Ollie out.

We now have the highest-profile manager for years, who has been dealt the worst hand in football memory.

We would not be in this mess if it wasn't for covid, or more particularly how our board dealt with covid. It has been documented many times what a hash we made of it - covid clauses, late back, thinking the season would not finish blah blah, getting cheap players at the last minute. On top of that he has to deal with Fenty, the most useless owner in world football.

What I would question is why Holloway thought Fenty was a good egg, over that fish and chip lunch? Why did he agree to the covid clauses? I think he may have overestimated his ability to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear, and he possibly got over excited at how he could turn the club around given Fenty's flaws, but with proper backing he could realise his vision of turning the club round with a new forward thinking board.

Keep Ollie, sack the board.
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 99
oochiad
December 16, 2020, 11:34am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,724
Gold Stars: 28
Keep Ollie. UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 99
GrimRob
December 16, 2020, 11:40am

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,452
Gold Stars: 115

It seems most years we sack the manager, and most times you urge caution and say we will never get anywhere without some stability, yet you seem to want Ollie out.

We now have the highest-profile manager for years, who has been dealt the worst hand in football memory.

We would not be in this mess if it wasn't for covid, or more particularly how our board dealt with covid. It has been documented many times what a hash we made of it - covid clauses, late back, thinking the season would not finish blah blah, getting cheap players at the last minute. On top of that he has to deal with Fenty, the most useless owner in world football.

What I would question is why Holloway thought Fenty was a good egg, over that fish and chip lunch? Why did he agree to the covid clauses? I think he may have overestimated his ability to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear, and he possibly got over excited at how he could turn the club around given Fenty's flaws, but with proper backing he could realise his vision of turning the club round with a new forward thinking board.

We haven't sacked that many managers, it's a bit of a myth. Slade was arguably the only sacked for football reasons since Woods. I think I wanted Slade and Woods to go for sure, also Buckley. I never wanted Hurst or Jolley to go, not for a second did I entertain the thought. Bignot wasn't here for long enough for me to form an opinion of him as to his future, although he was definitely in the Holloway school of changing too much.

I do like stability you are right. But Holloway is trying to change too much too fast, just as Bignot did. He is putting the cart before the horse in trying to play a way that belongs in a different place and time with different people to what he has or had.

Sacking the board is a nonsensical thing anyway, not even a realistic suggestion for a limited company. I am all for a change of ownership if someone can be found who has the time, money and commitment and that is acceptable to the current shareholders.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 92 - 99
londonmariner2
December 16, 2020, 11:43am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: -24
Gold Stars: 1
Keep Ollie.  He has been dealt a bad hand, whoever we get in will have the same problems to deal with.
Players wont come here as the club is tinpot, word gets around.
Nothing will change while Fenty is in charge.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 99
Boris Johnson
December 16, 2020, 11:46am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +2 / -15
Approval: -2,797
Gold Stars: 4

A total fraud of a manager, and a lazy get to boot.  An incoherent mess of a communicator, and totally responsible for assembling the worst squad in the history of a club. Bringing in players he hadnt even seen play on the basis of an abject scouting system of mates.  A total failure to address the goalscoring issue, but the ability to scapegoat our longest serving player, and then state that he might not be looking for a new keeper after all.

The bloke does not know what he is doing, he clearly has no coaching ability, no motivational ability, but thinks he can throw it all off with a laugh and a giggle and a comment about where are your forwards from his Mrs.

He is an embarrasment to this club and the Town, I want him out and out now..  So much so Ive written to him today to ask him to resign.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 99
lew chaterleys lover
December 16, 2020, 11:52am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,774
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from GrimRob

We haven't sacked that many managers, it's a bit of a myth. Slade was arguably the only sacked for football reasons since Woods. I think I wanted Slade and Woods to go for sure, also Buckley. I never wanted Hurst or Jolley to go, not for a second did I entertain the thought. Bignot wasn't here for long enough for me to form an opinion of him as to his future, although he was definitely in the Holloway school of changing too much.

I do like stability you are right. But Holloway is trying to change too much too fast, just as Bignot did. He is putting the cart before the horse in trying to play a way that belongs in a different place and time with different people to what he has or had.

Sacking the board is a nonsensical thing anyway, not even a realistic suggestion for a limited company. I am all for a change of ownership if someone can be found who has the time, money and commitment and that is acceptable to the current shareholders.

Fair enough, but sack the board is just a shorthand way of saying a new board is needed.
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 99
Bristol Mariner
December 16, 2020, 6:11pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +2,877
Gold Stars: 79
many wanted Hurst out, then Bignot, then Slade, then Jolley and now Holloway.

The cancer at this club is not the managers, it's the head - cut the head of the snake off......

GTFC Exile, Bristol Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 99
oochiad
December 16, 2020, 6:27pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,724
Gold Stars: 28
If Holloway hadn’t lost certain players before the season started which was the boards fault, he would have had a good platform to build on. Instead he was given the covid clause and key players departed. Given time he will build again but only if the board gives him the money to do so. That’s the problem right there, and it would be the same with anyone who would replace him if sacked....I’m definitely for keeping Ollie as I like him and his style of play when working well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 99
Boris Johnson
December 16, 2020, 6:33pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +2 / -15
Approval: -2,797
Gold Stars: 4
Should have been shown the door first thing this morning.

Weak leadership as per usual.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 99
Yoda
December 16, 2020, 6:48pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,189
Gold Stars: 72
Who can do a better job he needs to pull some of his contacts on the game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 99
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Holloway needs to go

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.