SomeSanity
December 15, 2020, 10:37pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +855
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Mariner93er

We all know Fenty needs to go, but this season of all seasons, this reason doesn't pass. Everyone's subject to the same salary cap, so you can't blame it on budget. The recruitment's just been terrible.

I see a few parallels between  Holloway's and Jolley's reigns.

Both came in and turned it around with someone else's squad.

Then there was a break. End of season in MJ's case and COVID in IH's.

They both ripped two 'on form' squads apart and brought in the own players,  playing style and formation, or formations in IH's case.

Holloway can blame COVID and that's a fair point BUT most of teams around us, I use Walsall as a prime example here largely stuck to what they had. Not us, we panicked and it cost us the likes of Vernam and Hess.

We then proceed to add COVID clauses in contracts, I'd imagine putting off a fair few players because we sure as shite didn't get our first choice targets.

So where did it all go wrong?  Well...

The typical GTFC panic was the start - We are supposed to be a family club, who look after their employees.  Instead, We look amateur and a laughing stock to all around us. Made every single one of those employees playing and office staff look dispensible We ask them to take 25% pay cuts. Because of this, we were left with the some 'leftovers' and some 'Who the bloody hell are theys'.

So my guess is that this situation was all orchestrated by the board and now its bit them on the bottom... As usual.

So this aspect is the board.

Then the tactics, formations and lineup which seem to change more often than MrsSanity uses our credit card. Why? because the manager probably hasn't seen half of them play before signing.

But who's to blame?

The Fans... It always is  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 99
denni266
December 15, 2020, 10:40pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +703
Gold Stars: 132
I dont think who is manager ,, we have crap players that are playing out of there natural depth .. .Sunday league , Lincs league at best . We are only going down with this lot
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 99
Iknowyoursecret
December 15, 2020, 10:41pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +0 / -3
Approval: -34
Gold Stars: 2
After his rant at the officials and it looked like he called one of them a four letttered word.Disgusting  .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 99
GrimRob
December 15, 2020, 10:41pm

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,462
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from forza ivano
few ifs here, but if he went and if we got the holy trinity in, would Hurst be prepared to come back?

Of course he would. There are only a small number of potential employers in the league, he won't want to drop back into non-league for sure. He'd jump at the chance to rebuild his career.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 63 - 99
heppy88
December 15, 2020, 10:43pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from forza ivano
few ifs here, but if he went and if we got the holy trinity in, would Hurst be prepared to come back?

To be honest I don’t think Hurst believed the board were the main problem, it was “us” fans. I wouldn’t want him back, the football was dire to watch even if he could foster a great team spirit. We have short memories.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 99
mariner91
December 15, 2020, 10:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,772
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from heppy88

To be honest I don’t think Hurst believed the board were the main problem, it was “us” fans. I wouldn’t want him back, the football was dire to watch even if he could foster a great team spirit. We have short memories.

I had far more fun watching Hurst's teams the majority of the time than I've had since we've been back in the league.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 99
Northbank Mariner
December 15, 2020, 10:48pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,533
Gold Stars: 172
So much for team the fans would be proud of...right now all he's done is give us a team to be ashamed and embarrassed of!...he needs to get his head out of his own posterior and accept he's royally duffed up with GTFC, he stays then we go down because he won't change, he'll change some of the squad but he'll keep fluffing and fannying about with match squad, week in and week out, time he went back to talk sport and evenings with!..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 99
Eastendmariner
December 15, 2020, 10:50pm
Mariners Trust Life Member
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +8 / -5
Approval: +942
Gold Stars: 22
Ive been saying it for weeks basic's basic's   Basic defending  basic midfield  What happens tonight 1-0  down in 60 seconds against the bottom league club  unacceptable. Stop yr one liners and start managing. If you can't  time to go  Tired of our headless chicken approach

Mariner Trust Life Member  

Seen the Mariners win AWAY at 70 league Grounds

Grounds Visited 281[img][/img]

Blundell Park a Training ground for bum ref's
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 99
TownSNAFU5
December 15, 2020, 10:51pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,907
Gold Stars: 42
The risk with keeping Ollie is that past performance with us has shown that he has wasted money on too many below-average players.   He might do the same again in Jan. this might be curtains for our FL place.

Our position is now more critical, the money is more important to get the right players.  This is harder to achieve as we could be relegated, the club is in turmoil and the manager is not thinking clearly.  Pressure in every area is mounting.

Getting in a new manager has about the same level of risks as keeping Ollie.  Although different risks.  The Jan transfer window is here as very bad timing for a new manager who does not the club or team etc.  (Hurst would alleviate some of the risks here.  He might be able to steady the ship with some, dull defensive performances).  Why would he want to return though?

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 99
HertsGTFC
December 15, 2020, 10:55pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,011
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from heppy88

And Hurts’s teams where always fit too, with players being able to play 90+ mins and not fading after 55.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 99
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Holloway needs to go

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.