Mayaman
December 16, 2020, 12:24am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,442
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from mariner91
His interviews, his demeanour, his appearance and his actions (tactics, selections) etc, I think he's suffering from a mental health issue. What it is I don't know but something is off about him. He's not the man that was in charge for the first three months of this year.

Quite possibly.  He hasn't dealt well with COVID - many haven't, the suicide of his mate and leading a bunch of unfit can't be arsed players out week in week out.  The players have some responsibility there. Can he get it back?  Can he drag us from relegation danger?  Tune in next week to see a catalogue of defensive errors, miss kicks and conceded goals.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 99
Ipswin
December 16, 2020, 8:26am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
He needs to go and quickly not just for our sake but his own He needs to be with his wife and family and away from football. The man is not himself at all and I see a deterioration every week. He's not the Ollie who breezed into Grimsby like a tornado just a year ago

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 99
Mallyner
December 16, 2020, 8:35am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +2,515
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Plankton

We did struggle however dire is an unfair assessment. In hindsight, it wasn't always pretty, but that is the nature of non-league and we made it count in at the ultimate.

In this league too, I would settle for the footballing equivalent of the Elephant Man until we are safe. Then we can go pretty.  

Supporting Town for 65 years.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 99
Jarmo.Is.God
December 16, 2020, 8:58am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Quoted Text
I've had the night to reflect, and to me, it's obvious why IH said we played well.

He has a month before he can sign anyone, in that time we have 6/7 HUGE games with teams in and around us.

If he come out and said we are rubbish, it would only make a bad position even worse.

I honestly believe he expected the season to stop again, and due to the contract's we offered, we struggled to get the players that are actually good enough, and that he actually wanted to sign...
Offer a young non-league 2/3x more the wages they already earn, and a chance to play league football... they was always going to be the type of players that wanted to sign, despite the clause
Having said that, IH has to take sole responsibility for the players we have actually signed, as 90% are clearly not good enough

I also think he was planning for a season with Hanson up front, and that's also not gone to plan

He now has a huge month and half, to steady the ship, and then rapidly sort this mess out, otherwise its game over for the club

The squad is fuc*ing huge, and needs to be cut pretty quickly

Be brutal, get rid of some of the young lads that we've never seen
Sisay
Jackson Jr - Who is becoming one of them players that gets better without playing to many of our fans...
Spokes

The loans have been terrible
Gomis
Bennett
Taylor
Morton

Bin:
Green
Hanson

Holloway can't go anywhere, as getting someone new in won't work.

Holloway is 100% still the right man for the job, but probably faces his biggest challenge for a very long time..

This is what i said after the Newport defeat, and still very much remains my thoughts entirely.

Morais looked bright in the first half when he come, and made a difference

Is Green injured? or has he been told he's going... not seen since Exeter
Gomis played 35 mins in the last 8 league games
Morton played 7 mins in last 7 games
Jackson Jr, has scored in both games, fair play to him, hope his confidence is beaming, unlike the others
Spokes not played since Harrogate
Sisay - Not played for us
Bennett - Is awful
Hanson - Injured too often

If you believe certain websites, the above 6 (excluding bennett) players add up to over £5600pw - Bennett was rumoured to be on £4000pw at Rovers, and i'm sure we will be paying part of that...

This problem can't be sorted until mid/end of January, until then, we have to grind out results and hope we can keep our head above water, and off the pitch issues turn more positive
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 99
BottesfordMariner
December 16, 2020, 9:29am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +1,312
Gold Stars: 9
I had high hopes like everyone else when IH was appointed. After a promising start it all seems to be falling apart. I have been critical for a while.

My thoughts:
His behaviour. He is 100 miles an hour. Goes off at tangents in interviews. Sometimes seems erratic, How does that effect his communication with players ?

The excuses re covid and player fitness getting old. we are 3 months into the season. Players should be match fit now.

Tactics. We try to play a possession based game. Sometimes you need to adapt to the players you have. Are they up yo what he wants to do?

We seem 'soft' . We are not hard to play against. We lack quality going forward and there is no incisiveness to our play.

Player recruitment. Quite frankly disastrous. IH has al but intimated a total overhaul in January required. Thats never good. I work out he has brought in almost 20 players since he took over. How many can you say yeh theyve been a success certainly those brought in before this season ,Which seemed at the time rushed and lacking any planning. Mohnsi??? What was the point.

Most have being kind been disappointing. Some dont seem good enough. A few of. the younger academy loanees dont seem ready for the rigors of L2.

Edwards has talent, reminds me Dembele, but inconsistent and poor decision making. Windsor looks like he has something about him and Preston a decent performer. Beyond that.....some not even given a chance.

Can IH turn it around. I am not convinced.

The question who do you bring in. I cant think of many names out there who I would say yes please e have a chance. People say Hurst. Yeh he could change it perhaps. Would he want to come back?? I think there's a bitter taste on how things ended before on both sides.

Going into games against teams around you Mansfield, Southend Scunn and Bradford you would have said we need 8-9 pts to show we can turn it around. Thats not going to happen . If we dont beat eithr Scunny or Bradford you wonder where the pts will come from. We could be bottom by the New Year.

Big decisions required as I am not convinced we will recover from another relegation.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 99
Lincoln Mariner 56
December 16, 2020, 9:44am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,773
Gold Stars: 82
If we could select our best eleven I don’t think we would be in any trouble, however, the chances of being in this position seem non existent as the likes of Scannell, Rose and Hanson struggle for fitness with continued muscular problems. Add Wright to that trio and you lose 90% of any attacking threat plus a lot of know how and experience so replacements for these guys plus a centre half and central midfield general are essential signings whoever is in charge and these players need to be arriving in early January not on deadline day.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 99
Hagrid
December 16, 2020, 9:47am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,523
Gold Stars: 544
Had the night to reflect and i just dont think we can trust him with January. His recruitment has been atrocious. Any other manager we’d be crying for him to go.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 99
Ipswin
December 16, 2020, 10:15am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from heppy88

He did indeed. If I remember rightly he said one of the main reasons he came was to work with Fenty who he has a lot of respect for.

Surely after this weekend that respect has gone. I have no respect for Holloway if it hasn't

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 99
Boris Johnson
December 16, 2020, 10:23am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +2 / -15
Approval: -2,797
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from Ipswin

Surely after this weekend that respect has gone. I have no respect for Holloway if it hasn't

There all in it together, do you honestly think that the first time Holloway knew anything was the Monday Meeting, utter crap.

That deal would have been accepted had the dealings not been exposed, its that simple.  

I want them all gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 99
Mayaman
December 16, 2020, 10:24am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,442
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from Yoda
Please no we do not want Hurst back his football was dire struggled to get out of the conference.
Remember the long diagonal ball to monkhouse every game.

A far sight better than passing it into our own net.  We also have to remember that Hurst has more experience under his belt now.  I am not sure, he'd want to come back.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 99
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Holloway needs to go

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.