8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 All Recommend Thread
Boris Johnson
November 9, 2020, 10:58am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +2 / -15
Approval: -2,797
Gold Stars: 4
Would love to see Graham Alexander take over..

Don’t think we would be seeing these clowns much longet
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 73
Lincs Iron man
November 9, 2020, 11:45am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +0 / -5
Approval: -577

Why go there, they lose too .... how about all those small town inhabitants of Market Rasen & Caistor etc, pop down the A46 to the LNER/Sincil Bank?

A new SW Stand being built to allow more fans in, positive atmosphere abound, forward thinking Board, slick Buckley-esque football at its finest, 2nd Tier football on the horizon, what's not to like?

For once Norfolk ImpI am actually jealous of you Imps. Great young forward thinking manager, a board that's constantly investing, I hear of a new investment from Cadbury's in new stand to increase your capacity and won't be at all surprised to see you get into the championship. What pisses me off is that for the last few seasons, lads I know have been going down the A15 from Brigg and also Castor to follow the imps. Although I despise the two brothers, but they really did get your city bouncing from no where. It pains me to say but good luck to you.

As for us, we are in deep trouble. A young manager who could become good but some average players and limited budget so I just hope we can re group and string some results together. Grimsby are similar but an old manager who is let's be honest passed it. Just talks a lot but can't back it up whatsoever and will end up fleeing back down to the south west. Grimsby have a team of bog standard players similar to us with no investment and will struggle all season. Just look at both of our FA Cup games against lower league opposition at the weekend. How bloody embarrassing.
I just hope it's not just Lincoln Who are the only league club in Lincolnshire by the end of the season
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 73
KingstonMariner
November 9, 2020, 1:03pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Is there a funny smell in here? It was OK before but there’s that horrible smell that we had a few weeks ago that disappeared when we started winning and Scunthorpe dropped into the bottom two. Funny because Scunny are still in the bottom two.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 73
lew chaterleys lover
November 9, 2020, 1:24pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,774
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from Henryscat

I think without Covid we’d have seen a completely different squad. I suppose you could call me “rose tinted” because I can see that we’re one or two things “clicking” away from being a very good side.

Yes I’m frustrated at some of the things that are happening, I said on here the other week if we got a penalty we’d probably play it back to McKeown, but I also appreciate that there might not be 92 clubs finish this season (and possibly less clubs survive if the season itself doesn’t finish)

I appreciate that lots of people are frustrated, I dare say the majority of posters on here are, but we have to remember the fishy is only a small proportion of people who follow Town.

Nobody likes seeing us lose but we all want a club to follow in the 21/22 season.

I think the worse thing is the posters who are nowhere to be seen when we win and come on here spouting venomous bile the second we lose. I assume the management and players read this board and when they’re low on confidence (evidenced by some of the play) being slagged off isn’t constructive. There are a couple of players in the squad I don’t think are anywhere near league 2 standard but I wouldn’t name and shame them.

I agree with most of the post, but I would not worry one jot about any player being affected by comments on the Fishy. It is only a small percentage of Towns following that post on here, and the very fact people post at all tends to mean they have strong views about things, including me obviously, but it is not at all representative of the overall fan base.
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 73
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › So sick of negativity

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.