NorfolkImp
November 8, 2020, 1:55pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +11 / -10
Approval: -524
Gold Stars: 11
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

If you listen to Ollie’s interviews, COVID & Lockdown comments aside, he has frequently stated his frustration at the players not passing and running forward saying he is fed up with shouting telling them what to do. Thus not sure the tactics per se are wrong but presently the eleven taking the field are not good enough to play this way consistently. My big frustration is how many of the players are still not fully fit. Even though some signed late in the day the majority have been with town since early September and whilst we lost two weeks surely they should be fit by now. Most of the youngsters who signed later came from other clubs so should be fit.

Where does this stand in all-time worst results Lincoln Mariner? I missed all those woeful Imps defeats at places like Carshalton & North Ferriby in my 5 season sabbatical, but losing to a side bottom of Division 5 must be up there for you?

Private Message
Reply: 50 - 73
HertsGTFC
November 8, 2020, 2:06pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,005
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from NorfolkImp

Where does this stand in all-time worst results Lincoln Mariner? I missed all those woeful Imps defeats at places like Carshalton & North Ferriby in my 5 season sabbatical, but losing to a side bottom of Division 5 must be up there for you?

Smug! Clearly you’ve proven yourself plastic by not supporting you team when they needed you most ....... “sabbatical” my backside.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 73
moosey_club
November 8, 2020, 2:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,318
Gold Stars: 229
Quoted from NorfolkImp

It isnt up there at all IMO, we all know what we are watching at this moment , a cheaply built side , that is constantly chopped and changed, key players injured and playing a system that doesnt work.  
Its not a shock that we lost but it was certainly disappointing as i think a majority would have thought we would still have enough to see off a bottom side in the League below, not batter them but still have enough to beat them.

Chasetown, Bath, Salisbury all way bigger shocks for me.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 73
HertsGTFC
November 8, 2020, 2:20pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,005
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Bigdog

Echo your thoughts mate. I'm slipping into the dangerous ground of apathy, which then leads to cutting emotional ties for good like thousands have done before me over the past couple of decades. And I'd have called myself a passionate diehard not so long back. I've seen most games this season to watch a game of football. Can't say I've been overly down or up whether we win, lose or draw, mainly frustrated and numb I guess. Only thing that keeps me relatively interested is finding out what IH can do with our zombie of a football club. Where the hell would we be if we didn't have him?

Hoofing it up field and possibly up the league table? Though I want us to get the ball down we look a side constricted within a system and a process.

In all seriousness though where would we be? When he came in I don’t recall a flood of credible applicants.

We’ve just got to trust that we have some good fortune and some of the better players all get a run in the side at the same time.

The squad in reality is o.k. apart from the lack of credible goal scorers and I include the injury dogged Hanson in that category.

When I say “credible” ones that get in the right places and can hit the target.

I’m in a place where I don’t expect us to beat opponents anymore and if we do it’s a bonus.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 73
MuddyWaters
November 8, 2020, 2:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Bigdog

Echo your thoughts mate. I'm slipping into the dangerous ground of apathy, which then leads to cutting emotional ties for good like thousands have done before me over the past couple of decades. And I'd have called myself a passionate diehard not so long back. I've seen most games this season to watch a game of football. Can't say I've been overly down or up whether we win, lose or draw, mainly frustrated and numb I guess. Only thing that keeps me relatively interested is finding out what IH can do with our zombie of a football club. Where the hell would we be if we didn't have him?

Wish I could be apathetic to be honest, both my boys are passionate Town fans who are only just started to get used to being disappointed. New manager, new players, new hope - eat, sleep, repeat.

The way we handled Covid with the fund raising from the fans all seems a distant memory now as we've signed a shed load of players no one can watch or identify with. Maybe circumstances dictated but we seem to be on the same 'one step forward, two steps back' process that has encapsulated GTFC in the 21st century.
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 73
Lincoln Mariner 56
November 8, 2020, 2:27pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,773
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from NorfolkImp

Not big on all time worst results as it’s bloody annoying at the time but in reality we lost to a club one division lower who may be bottom of their league now but may not stay in that position. Yesterday, it also happened to Sunderland with worse defeats for Port Vale and Colchester today it’s Sunny. Three seasons ago Lincoln won at Burnley, these results happen and unfortunately it’s our turn but we’ve been the winners before at Liverpool, Everton etc so it’s part and parcel of supporting a club.

More worrying is our inability to create and score goals, the fact that we have 7 loan players at the club and Ollie’s obsession with COVID. IMO clubs are not built by getting in that many loan players who have a very short term commitment to the club but hey ho what do I know.

Good result for the Imps so lockdown has saved me an uncomfortable night in the local 😀😀
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 73
arryarryarry
November 8, 2020, 2:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,050
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from Bigdog

2nd Round of the FA Cup?
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 73
NorfolkImp
November 8, 2020, 3:39pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +11 / -10
Approval: -524
Gold Stars: 11
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Smug! Clearly you’ve proven yourself plastic by not supporting you team when they needed you most ....... “sabbatical” my backside.

Plastic eh? .... hmmm, well I did go to Fisher Athletic on Easter Monday back in 88’ surrounded by menacing looking Millwall lunatics, but took my chances regardless celebrating Bobby Cumming’s late equaliser 😉

Private Message
Reply: 57 - 73
Oly1987
November 8, 2020, 3:56pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,228
Gold Stars: 22
Quoted from realist
Let’s be honest, we were flipping shite, absolute male masturbation. To be soundly beaten by a non league Is embarrassing. Wish people would stop defending the indefensible,

Did you actually watch the game? we played well got let down by individual errors that they finished and its was 1-1 till the 90th minute so hardly call it soundly beaten when they score 2 right at the death, one being a penalty.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 73
realist
November 8, 2020, 4:39pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,685
Gold Stars: 41
A 3-1 defeat is soundly beaten however it happened. This was a rubbish non league team. No excuses will hide the fact of how bad we are. Can’t believe how many of you wear rose tinted specs.
I survived for years watching town by being happy with a middle of the table finish and a cup run now and then. This would be a pipe dream now. Manager shite, players shite, board shite.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 73
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › So sick of negativity

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.