Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › On-line petition for us!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 276 Guests

On-line petition for us!

This thread currently has 4,350 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
malkamalka
October 8, 2020, 6:53pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +150
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

The German model seems to be working okay, monitoring the local transmission and as long is not out of control allowing 20% of the capacity of the stadium. As harsh as it may sound there has to be some balance in all arguments. For as much as I do not want our older, vulnerable supporters put at increased risk, I also do not think it's fair to carte blanche ban all fans. Surely there is a way of allowing the younger less at risk fans, controlled and socially distanced back in?..yes, our older vets will miss out, but it would improve the viewing for them on any stream having fans in there.

Case and Point:

This week, there was a medical emergency in our street. Throughout the THREE hours waiting for an ambulance to arrive, 9 people from 5 different households were involved in assisting our injured neighbour.

Although 999 were in contact, at no point did they enquire about Covid vulneribility of those assisting.

Ages ranged from 14 to 70.

We were instructed (after 2 hours waiting outside) to take the injured party into their house. Again, no questions about Covid.

My point being:

If there had been a Town game that night, and those 9 people turned up, what checks have been made regarding Covid? This notion that younger people are not vulnerable to Covid is fake news. Look at the schools and colleges in our area where students have tested positive?

It's not a risk worth taking!

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." (Jimi Hendrix)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 34
lew chaterleys lover
October 8, 2020, 7:38pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,781
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from malkamalka

Case and Point:

This week, there was a medical emergency in our street. Throughout the THREE hours waiting for an ambulance to arrive, 9 people from 5 different households were involved in assisting our injured neighbour.

Although 999 were in contact, at no point did they enquire about Covid vulneribility of those assisting.

We were instructed (after 2 hours waiting outside) to take the injured party into their house. Again, no questions about Covid.

My point being:

If there had been a Town game that night, and those 9 people turned up, what checks have been made regarding Covid? This notion that younger people are not vulnerable to Covid is fake news. Look at the schools and colleges in our area where students have tested positive?

Your point then is that nobody should be allowed anywhere, at any time, because someone  close by may have covid? Taking that to its logical conclusion, you should not go shopping, to the park, any social gathering or let anybody through your front door unless they have had a negative covid test that day.

Forgive me, but that is just not sustainable is it? Who wants to live like that? Unless you are really quite old or have underlying conditions the chance of dying from covid are very small. I would have thought a socially distanced outdoor event (football) is about the least likely way of catching the virus, short of hiding behind the settee.
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 34
Northbank Mariner
October 8, 2020, 7:41pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,533
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from malkamalka

Case and Point:

My point being:

Sorry Donald!..but it's a medical fact the young are generally not vulnerable to Covid-19, at no point did I say they cannot contract the virus but the vast, vast majority of under 49s with no comobordities are not vulnerable to becoming ill.
And as you say, 9 people from different households, all of whom may not have the virus and if you had it, would not go and help someone in need?.
All I've pointed out in my post is that there has to be a way to safely get crowds back in, protect the vulnerable and control the way the crowd enter, exit and behave within the ground.
Football in lower league's is not sustainable without crowds and Football isn't football without crowds. Life cannot be lived without risk, it's all part of the great circle and if you'd prefer to exist trying not to die rather than die trying to live that's your call. Personally, I'd prefer the latter and doing all I can to protect myself and my loved ones.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 34
KingstonMariner
October 9, 2020, 8:56am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from mimma
What gets me in all this, is that we cannot have groups of more than six, unless you go out grouse shooting, then it doesn't count because they are the upper class and out doors.  You can go the the Albert Hall and watch Handle's Messiah, 57% of capacity, that's alright to sit inside and watch posh music. Dido Harding who is in charge of all this shite is chairperson of the jockey club, so crowds will be allowed back in large numbers to horse racing because she said so. But when it comes to football, that is the sport of the plebs, who cannot be trusted, so we won't be allowed to sit outside and watch poor man's sport.

Who voted for these clowns?

About 40% of the people who voted in Grimsby

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 34
Stadium
October 9, 2020, 7:15pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19

All well and good and people more savvy than I could post alternative facts and figures. I certainly read recently that in a bad flu year it has killed 50,000 people in the UK; of course as with any virus the most medically vulnerable would have suffered the most.

The question is what are we going to do about living with the virus? My point was that the vast majority of people are living their lives, which include things much more "dangerous" than going to a socially distanced football match in the open air.

I suppose the conversation is  somewhat irrelevent as the government is set on a course of locking down anything that moves.    

Don't let the facts get in the way of a good conspiracy.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EjzANGNXkAECFbS?format=jpg&name=small

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 34
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › On-line petition for us!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.