9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Sir Matt Tease
April 23, 2024, 3:57pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +293
Gold Stars: 31
I'm not sure you could pay me enough to spend my working day on scaffolding on the Findus roof! The thought of it terrifies me and it'll be cold up there in August.

https://ibb.co/nr31tLF

No such worries in 1972 as 22,484 crammed into Blundell Park to see Town beat Exeter City to clinch the title ! Fans on top of the old Barratt's Stand, cherry pickers my bottom !!!!!!!!!!!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 85
rancido
April 23, 2024, 5:37pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,619
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from oochiad
A quick mention about the pitch, it’s simply superb, everyone sat around me on Saturday were marvelling about how fantastic it looked on our last home game of the season. Well done to all involved!!

I mentioned this a couple of weeks ago. In all the 58 years that I have been watching town I can't ever remember an end of season when the pitch looked as good as it does this season. I know the owners have spent a lot of money on the pitch but IMO it was money well spent. When you think back to the previous incumbent who ran the club like his ventures into the fish processing industry - second rate equipment, third rate raw materials but an expectation to produce a first class product - JS and AP understand the need to have the best equipment and materials to get the best result. Of course this is dependant on those responsible to source this.
A lot has been mentioned in other threads about the owners wanting an " Identity in how we play" a so called "Grimsby Way". I fully understand and get this. When the whole club structure is geared to this then it is easier to find a manager to fit that role. The way that clubs change managers mean that if you employ a manager with a game plan then he will bring in players to suit that style. When it doesn't work then you get rid of the manager but you are left with a squad of players geared up for that way. A new manager may have his own style in which a lot of his inherited players don't fit. Surely it's far better to change managers to play to a specified format than to completely change a squad to suit another managers preferred style?

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 85
essexexile
April 23, 2024, 5:41pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +186
Gold Stars: 1
I would like to see the Findus rebuilt as it was with the latch key door at the top of the steps to bring it back into line with the Main Stand
When are they going to reinstate the Boys Stand next to the Barrett?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 85
Grantham_Mariner
April 23, 2024, 6:54pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,195
Gold Stars: 51
Quoted from essexexile
I would like to see the Findus rebuilt as it was with the latch key door at the top of the steps to bring it back into line with the Main Stand
When are they going to reinstate the Boys Stand next to the Barrett?

Hope KG does not read this  

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 85
ancientmariner54
April 23, 2024, 7:19pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: -175
Gold Stars: 13
I've no problem with the posts in the main stand, been sat in there so long you get used to them . My grumble is with the twots who arrive two minutes after kick off ,then want to be out before half time and come back just after second half kicks off . I'm up and down like a whores draws . Rant over .  U.T.M.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 85
Lost in Lincoln
April 24, 2024, 11:52am
Formerly siy2k5
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +388
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from ancientmariner54
I've no problem with the posts in the main stand, been sat in there so long you get used to them . My grumble is with the twots who arrive two minutes after kick off ,then want to be out before half time and come back just after second half kicks off . I'm up and down like a whores draws . Rant over .  U.T.M.

Not to mention the ones who think they can just stand at the barrier for the last 5 minutes so no-one in the front rows can see a fecking thing!

While the 'stewards' stand there wide eyed

First game: 7/5/88 Aldershot (h) 1-1 (R)
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 35 - 85
DB
April 24, 2024, 2:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.44
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,048
Gold Stars: 390
Quoted from Lost in Lincoln

Not to mention the ones who think they can just stand at the barrier for the last 5 minutes so no-one in the front rows can see a fecking thing!

While the 'stewards' stand there wide eyed

Same in the Findus Stand.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 85
The Caterham Mariner
April 24, 2024, 3:07pm
Exile and Proud..
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +99
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from ancientmariner54

LOL!!!...Thats why I DON'T like going to the theatre with my wife. I have discovered at the Swindon home my favourite seat in the Findus T-72 Block C end of a row .
UTM

An Exile and Proud  !! UTM
Mariners Trust Life Member.
In the words of my Uncle Fred "You can take the man outta of Grimsby BUT  you can't take the Grimsby!  Out the man!"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 85
White_shorts
April 24, 2024, 3:13pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -654
Gold Stars: 13
Quoted from Mappers
Tweet 1782359128624566367 will appear here...

Someone here reckoned Mr Stockwood has £100m to his name.  What's the point to having all that money just sitting in a bank?  Use it to build something that would benefit thousands of people.

In theory we could stay at BP, finish mid-table League One every year and maybe have a season in the Championship every ten years.  However, it is more likely that the general public would become apathetic and the club yo-yo between L1 and L2.  We know too well what happens when you assemble a poor squad in L2.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 85
toontown
April 24, 2024, 6:33pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,275
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from White_shorts

Someone here reckoned Mr Stockwood has £100m to his name.  What's the point to having all that money just sitting in a bank?  Use it to build something that would benefit thousands of people.

In theory we could stay at BP, finish mid-table League One every year and maybe have a season in the Championship every ten years.  However, it is more likely that the general public would become apathetic and the club yo-yo between L1 and L2.  We know too well what happens when you assemble a poor squad in L2.

Yes we'll it's very easy spending someone else's money
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 85
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Main stand

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.