6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Yarborough Vaults
April 10, 2024, 7:22am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +214
Gold Stars: 32
The club is probably waiting until we're mathematically safe before releasing next season's season tickets, but what do we think the uptake will be?

It's been a horrible, soul sapping season with a few bright spots but we do have DA to prepare for his full first campaign. Some will see that as a positive and some may not given results and performances.

There are players that suggest we can improve next season. Or has the back end of this campaign stopped all the momentum and goodwill of the new owners/FA Cup run.

Personally, I'm not sure how I feel but I think a season ticket will be worth the gamble unless we lose our last few games in poor fashion. If so, I'll probably pick and choose games instead next season.

Logged Offline
Private Message
It Bites
April 10, 2024, 7:33am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,258
Gold Stars: 266
4k season tickets next season. Why ? Because the fans know it’s gonna be another hard slog . The once mighty mariners just can’t compete with out huge investment in the team
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 50
1mickylyons
April 10, 2024, 7:36am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,389
Gold Stars: 56
The fayre on offer has been terrible and now with the EFL messing the kick off times around a ST seems even less appealing. Personally I feel only a really strong recruitment campaign will see more than 4k renew and that's assuming we're still in the EFL. Relegation would be a disaster.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 50
thornemariner
April 10, 2024, 7:51am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +665
Gold Stars: 22
I'm having to pass on a ST. I'm finally getting back to some normality after Covid and spending a few months abroad travelling each year. We only win a handful of home games in the EFL and only then when I'm not there. Its been a real waste of money this year. I have friends with STs who travel up from London. They've seen less wins than me because circumstances dictate they can't make every game.

I just see more of the same and its disheartening. Getting too old for it. I'd miss the social side of it but plenty I know,and some I see before games, have had enough.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 50
AdamHaddock
April 10, 2024, 7:55am

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +37 / -5
Approval: +2,834
Gold Stars: 26
It will be like most summers. People rule out getting a season ticket but once the dust settles on this season and a few signings trickle in, people will sign up again out of some unfounded optimism

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 50
April 10, 2024, 8:01am
Guest User
It’s the travelling that does it for me. Certainly not coming up from London every game, but it’s still a 150 mile round trip. And it’s difficult to get motivated for that at the best of times.

Also, I’m píssed off where I am in the main stand for a number of reasons. If we manage to stay up, it’ll be a mixture of 1878 membership and away games for me.
Reply: 5 - 50
grimps
April 10, 2024, 8:17am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,136
Gold Stars: 46
We’ve not really seen any kind of exciting football at Blundell park for 15 years , even our promotion seasons we was shite to watch at home and often get out hustled by teams full of part time players .

Big investment is needed in the team otherwise it’ll just be like the Fenty days were were supposed to be happy finishing 3rd from bottom every year
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 50
Poojah
April 10, 2024, 11:10am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,667
Gold Stars: 1,508
In the space of less than 12 months, we’ve gone from a virtuous circle to a vicious one. The prevailing winds were favourable this time lass year, they will significantly less so this summer.

We’ve created a hole to dig ourselves out of, and that’s deeply frustrating.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 50
Mikey_345
April 10, 2024, 11:13am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +5,528
Gold Stars: 107
This maybe an unpopular opinion but hear me out - a few less season tickets maybe a good thing in one respect.

I can't see the weekly attendance changing much, so effectively the same number of bums on seats. However we've all seen the issues in terms of ST holders not releasing or coming every week, think there's been a huge element of 'fear of missing out' by some over the last few seasons. Would also give friends more of an opportunity to sit together, I know three people that used to attend every week together that are in different stands such was the clamber for ST's - might help the atmosphere abit. More match day ticket sales, less ST and the same attendance equals more revenue due to the price per game..

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 50
pizzzza
April 10, 2024, 11:14am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Blind faith maybe, but I honestly cannot envisage a season were I do not buy a ST.
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 50
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Season tickets 24/25

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.